Your viewing journal

Blue Archive The Animation episode 6 Part-time girl.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc episode 1 Ripples.

Go! Go! Loser Ranger! episode 5 Choose differently.

Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again episode 6 Family photo.

Mission: Yozakura Family episode 6 Bounty.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation II Part 2 episode 18 Sowing the seeds.

One Piece episode 1104 Bite.

Sound! Euphonium 3 episode 6 Reverence.

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3 episode 30 Family and friends.

Persona 4: The Animation (Rewatch) episodes 17-26 & OVA (Complete. As I await my physical Switch copy from Limited Run I decided to rewatch the anime adaptation and it’s still great - a shame the Persona 5 adaptation wasn’t.) 4/5

Peter Grill and the Philosopher’s Time
episodes 1-8

Last edited:
My mother wasn't feeling well enough to go out to dinner for Mother's Day as we had planned Saturday evening with my brother and his wife, so today my mother and I had Filet Mignon I cooked out on the grill for supper, I picked some rhubarb from our back yard and we cooked up a fresh batch of rhubarb sauce with sliced strawberries together for a dessert, and we watched 8 episodes of anime together. Happy Mother's Day!

An Archdemon's Dillemma: How to love your Elf Bride Episodes 1-7

Unnamed Memory Episodes 4-5 (we rewatched episode 4 so my mom would remember what happened last week)

She is really enjoying both of these series, and is sad we are all caught up with both of them... she's even more of a marathon-er than I am!

Last edited:
I'm in Love with the Villainess eps 7-9 (dub)
Talk about tonal whiplash! Episode 7 is all about the school festival with a cross dressing maid/butler cafe and the other 2 a political crisis as an agent of a foreign nation exploits the incestuous relationship between the villainesses maid and her brother to sow discord between the nobles and the commoners both in the academy and without and ultimately attempts to kill as many nobles as possible and when that is foiled the agent tries to assassinate one of the Princes! This is also foiled and as a reward our heroine and the villainess beg for the maids entire family to not be executed!

A Place Further Than the Universe eps 4-6 (dub) (rewatch)
Training, final prep and first step on the journey.

The Quintessential Quintuplets Movie
From what I remember it follows the manga pretty closely. Especially the pivotal moment of the school festival and confession, but I think that's to its detriment. We see the start of the festival and then we see it all, but from each different perspective of the quints in turn. I think this works OK in the manga as each perspective gets a chapter each, but I think they could have done a complete timeline of the festival.
Equally following so closely meant it was a bit too long, but I guess there wasn't enough to do another 12 episode season either! There were some bits that could have been cut maybe, but equally stuff I think could have been expanded, especially the bit with their biological father, which is introduced without much warning and kicked to the curb just as quickly.
The art and animation were the same as the 2 seasons.
7/10

Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers Episode 6

Gods' Game We Play Episode 7

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability Episode 7

Re:Monster Episode 7

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf Episode 7

The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases Episode 8

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- Season 2 Episode 31

Gods’ Games we Play episode 7 I & II.

Spice and Wolf: Merchant Meets the Wise Wolf episode 7 Oil.

Train to the End of the World episode 7 Dead ahead.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- season 2 episode 31 Discovering the truth.

Peter Grill and the Philosopher’s Time episodes 9-12 (Complete. A silly and very horny ecchi series that doesn’t take itself seriously, though it’s no Interspecies Reviewer.) 2.5/5

Peter Grill and the Philosopher’s Time: Super Extra
episodes 1-12 (Complete. More of the same but with goblins and psychotic sisters thrown into the mix and being overall more entertaining than the first season.) 3/5

Phoenix
episodes 1-4

Bai Yao Pu (Fairies Album) Season 3 Episodes 5-10. Totally loving this Chinese donghua that is very similar to MushiShi. Tao Yao is contending for Waifu of the Season now against my beloved Tinasha! Oh, what to do?! I may have to start a harem of waifu like the Ring King in last season's Tales of Wedding Rings! :D

Bartender: Glass of God Episode 5. I've puffed on my share of Romeo y Juliet cigars over the years, although my favorite was always Acid Kuba Kuba cigars...

Spice and Wolf (2024) Episodes 6-7.

A Condition Called Love
Episode 6. Confession time, finally!

Unnamed Memory Episode 5.

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride Episode 7.

As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I’ll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World Episode 5. This is really developing into an exceptional drama.

Mysterious Disappearances Episode 5

I Was Reincarnated as the 7th Prince So I Can Take My Time Perfecting My Magical Ability Episodes 6-7. Welp, I'm officially a lolicon now - if I wasn't already before, lol - I've become infatuated with Ren, with her dark complexion and minimal nibblies! The MC in this series is really getting crazy masochistic, too!

Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers Episodes 4-5.

Last edited:
Momokyun Sword complete series: fun series with some good character development and a few (not massively shocking) plot twists. A number of questions are left unanswered at the end, but it was never really about getting to the truth of why a peach. Lots of exposed skin from the overdeveloped female characters (most of the cast). In the end it was an enjoyable and diverting show.

Just have time to watch an episode or two of Kemono Micho before I have to go out and watch Later with Jools Holland being recorded. How I suffer.

I'm in Love with the Villainess eps 10-12 (dub) (complete)
A rival appears.
This was quite a fun show with surprisingly good world building for a rom-com and a magic system that was both pretty simple to understand and complex enough to not be boring in the action scenes.
The romance side probably wasn't the best, it seemed our heroine (Rea) made progress by shear persistence in her teasing the Villainess (Claire) rather than anything else, although at the end she did make a pretty grand gesture in the competition with the rival (although she used her knowledge of the game rather than knowledge gained from living in the other world). The rivals admission in the last episode of sexually assaulting her maid and then turning into sex addict going from prostitute to prostitute was pretty dark, but she could have been lying to spur Rea into action to get serious about her relationship with Claire. As Rea says in the introduction to the character that in the game the character is supposed to help the player get with her favourite, although that is supposed to be one of the Princes!
The art and animation were OK. Characters were good, but a lot of the backgrounds were the lifeless digital boxy type where everything looks brand new rather than lived in.
7/10

A Place Further Than the Universe
eps 7-9 (dub) (rewatch)
Final prep and journey to Antarctica.

Cromartie High School (English) - Episode 21 - 26 (re-watch) (Complete)

This was such an enjoyable time revisiting this series. I'd forgotten a lot of it tbh as it's been so long but I definitely feel I enjoyed it even more than I did when I originally watched it (would had been within the first few years I got into anime, so around 2015 I wanna say). One thing I never forgot though and still loved just as much was fan-favourite character, Freddie.

Something to note though is that the audio levels for the English dub track during the first 13 - 15 episodes are all over the place. I thought it was my speakers at first but doing a little research it seems it is a problem others have reported. Didn't dampen the experience much at all but something to note.

Delicious in Dungeon ep18-19

Konosuba 3: Tokyo Drift ep4-5

Kaiju No.8 ep4-5

I’ve seen a few comments from established fans of the manga expressing dissatisfaction with how the anime looks, but based on the few pages I’ve seen, I actually prefer the anime tbh.

Go Go Loser Ranger! ep1-2

Fun idea, but I thought this would be a broader comedy, the second episode skewed darker than expected.

The Fable ep5-6

Maybe it’s because everything else I’m watching seems to be treading water a little at the moment, but I think this is becoming my favourite show from the current season. It would be nice if the visuals were more interesting (although hey, rotoscoping this week, didn’t expect that), but I’ve wanted a yakuza anime for years and this has consistently scratched that itch. It even manages to make the female characters feel more complex and interesting than your average potboiler - gold star for Yoko in particular, she’s awful and I love her for that.

Back