Your viewing journal

Dr. Stone: New World Part 2 episode 13 Drone.

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 37 Spill.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 16 Once settled.

The Ancient Magus’ Bride Season 2 episode 39 Puzzles and taking pause.

31 Days of Halloween 2023! Day XIX: The Lighthouse (Film)

Gun X Sword
episodes 25-26 (Complete. A solid mid 2000’s anime that’s been on the watch list for a while.) 3.5/5

Hajime No Ippo: The Fighting!
episodes 1-6

The Marginal Service
Episodes 1+2
Nothing special if you've seen Cop Craft and Special 7.

Skeleton Knight in Another World
Episodes 1+2
The force is for good.

Genius Prince etc
Episodes 1-4
Steven Soderbergh who directed Ocean's 11 is asked to direct a medieval anime.

Birdie Wing
Episodes 13+14
Ooh, that is a twist.

A Dark Rabbit has Seven Lives
Episode 1
Could be good.

Talentless Nana
Episode 1
Interesting ending.

Aura Battler Dunbine
A more fantasy take on mecha from Gundam's Yoshiyuki Tomino. While it's got the good political commentary, mecha action and world setting you'd expect from Tomino I found it dragged on for too long and got pretty repetitive. The final episode was also a right mess to say the least which rushes through everything with no time for explanation or resolution. Really unfortunate that.

The Executioner and Her Way of Life
A refreshing take on the isekai genre that focuses on one of the citizens of the fantasy world, an assassin that targets isekai protagonists. Executioner provides an interesting and well developed world setting and a great yuri-adjacent dynamic between its leading characters. Would love to see MVM bring this over.

The Devil is a Part-Timer!! Season 2 Part 2 (English Dub) Episode 24 (Complete)

Dr. STONE: New World Part 2
Episode 13

My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventurer Episode 4

The Ancient Magus' Bride Season 2 Part 2 Episode 39

The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today ep 11
Health kick.

NieR: Automata Ver1.1a eps 11 & 12 (complete)
The End!?
Some nice action, but I didn't have a scooby at what was going on a lot of the time. As I haven't played the game I have no idea how faithful it was, but most episodes seemed to be a mission/set piece from it and thus it didn't flow too well.
There's a few factors that didn't help either, delays in production and then delays of my own making and the use of a lot of techno mumbo jumbo and philosophical noodling that Japanese sci-fi especially seems to love spouting. I think it really boiled down to androids good, machines bad, but are they really because of gained consciousness, but in the end what did it matter because humans had gone extinct, so they were fighting for nothing!
Art and animation were very good.
6/10

Goblin Slayer: Goblin Crown
(complete)
A film roughly 4 episodes in length with the first "episode" being a recap of season 1 and the rest being a mission to rescue an adventure party. Their initial investigation hinted at something bigger than just another Goblin nest to destroy, but it just turned into a big fight, just with more numbers and a bigger goblin head honcho than before, afterwards it was again hinted that there was more to the nest, maybe it'll pop up in season 2.
Art and animation were the same as I remember.
Good refresher, but nothing new really. 1 point off from s1.
7/10

Almost finished last season now!

16-Bit Sensation ep3

I'd have liked if Konoha had spent a little more time in 1992. At the risk of stating the obvious, I think the further forward in time she moves on each leap, the less interesting the contrast to the present is going to be - I'm pretty sure tablet drawing devices were becoming far more common by the early 2000s, for example. That said, I'm definitely onboard with this now and curious to see where they're going to go with it. Having looked up a description of the original manga, the anime seems quite drastically different.

Under Ninja ep3

I hope the blonde dude survives, he seems like an okay guy really. Funny how I wasn't that interested in anything from this season beforehand, but I've ended up really liking these two shows so far.

Birdy the Mighty Decode ep1-4

Turned out one of my friends had the DVDs. I'm honestly surprised this is credited to A1-Pictures, the animation is so good it feels like a Bones show. I also like the little theme that plays when Birdy goes into battle, it's a nice motif for her.

Reign of the Seven Spellblades (English Dub) Episode 14

Frieren: Beyond Journey's End Episode 7

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Season 2 Episode 15

Goblin Slayer II Episode 15

Our Dating Story: The Experienced You and The Inexperienced Me Episode 3

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 3 Episode 41

Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End episode 7 A bad move.

Goblin Slayer II episode 3 Available options.

The Kingdoms of Ruin episode 3 Seize.

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 3 episode 41 Noble squeeze.

Undead Unluck episode 3 Sightseeing.

31 Days of Halloween 2023! Day XX: Zombi Holocaust, The Hell of the Living Dead, Burial Ground (Films)

episodes 7-18

Last edited:
The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today ep 12
Sunday evening dread.

Blue Orchestra eps 20 & 21
Fireworks and finding your light.

Let's do some episode 1s of new shows.
The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess ep 1
Bit of a dumb premise and lots of shouty "comedy". It's more yuri-bait than actual yuri too, although looking at the cast list there's plenty more girls to be introduced.
I'll give it 3 episodes.

Stardust Telepath ep 1
Pretty cute story about a shy girl who's obsessed with aliens that starts high school and meets a energetic girl who seems to actually be an alien brought to her school by the shy girls wish on a shooting star.
Unlike Vexations is actually labelled as GL, but at the moment seems to be bait again, but again plenty of girls to be introduced.
Seems a keeper from this first episode.

Dragonball S1
Episodes 23-28
All done. Very funny with the longest fight I've ever seen. Goku finally gets naked again.
There's a film on disc 1. Hopefully it's not some sort of compilation.

Not sure I'll continue. It'll depend on whether it keeps the same humour.

Black Summoner
Episodes 9-12
Finally some fanservice.
Posted a picture below.

Genius Prince
Episodes 5-7
A proper baddie appears. Voiced by Mamiko Noto. I'm so besotted that I knew immediately.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Steel Angel Kurumi episodes 4-24: Reminiscing over an old favourite. Bought this straight off the press 20 years ago (including visiting the Madman office to beg them to sell me disc 4 a week before release as I was going away for three months - and they did!).

The Labyrinth of Grisaia: good interim OVA showing some of Yuji's backstory.

To Love Ru episodes 1-18: silly show. Nudity is blurred out, but I think it may get more graphic as the series continues. Don't really like the lead character. Another dweeby boy who screams and shouts a lot with few redeeming features (amazing how having a hot girlfriend suddenly makes the loser look desirable to all the other girls, isn't it?).

Firefighter Daigo: Rescuer in Orange episode 4 Collapse.

Ragna Crimson episode 4 Barrier.

Spy x Family Season 2 episode 28 Trashy photos.

The Vexations of a Shut-In Vampire Princess episode 3 Returning the favour.

31 Days of Halloween 2023! Day XXI: Hellraiser, Hellraiser II: Hellbound, Hellraiser IIII: Hell On Earth, Hellraiser IV: Bloodline (Films)

episodes 19-30, 32-36

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War (English Dub) Episode 24

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 13

Goblin Slayer II (English Dub) Episode 13

I Shall Survive Using Potions (English Dub) Episode 1

Management of a Novice Alchemist (English Dub) Episode 4

Spy x Family Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 26

The Dangers in My Heart (English Dub) Episode 9

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 39

Back