Your viewing journal

F - Episodes 1 - 11

As a petrol head I watch all motorsports related anime and have been wanting to watch F for ages (and I wanted to watch it before Overtake! airs later in October). It's such an odd title for a show and makes searching for it rather tricky! The title card even describes the pronunciation of F - エフ[efu]. I found a decent fansub based on the Italian DVD earlier in the year and had it lined up after I finished Ranma 1/2. F was made by Studio DEEN the year before it made Ranma 1/2 so it shares a lot of the same production staff and thus has a very similar look. Despite having an incredibly unlikeable protagonist I've enjoyed it so far and really got into it. In addition to some nice animation that uses some unique perspectives to portray the action which are very effective and does actually have genuinely interesting character stories that surprised me if I'm honest.

A sudden Yuasa double bill

Mind Game

Mind Game seems to such a marmite film, I've seen it several times (and backed Anime Ltd's kickstarter) and personally like it a lot but I know a lot of people who also don't like it for the reasons you state.

Patlabor WXIII The Movie

City Hunter S1

I think WXIII gets unfairly criticised and overlooked, it's a pretty good action film imho if admittedly it's not what people expect from a Patlabor movie. And it's amazing how incredibly well City Hunter spins out the same basic joke into a really enjoyable series!!!

Last edited:
Negima! episodes 1-9: Really enjoying this but I counted 31 girls in bikinis in the opening credits, and I get the feeling we will meet all of them during the course of the series (and they will all have some secret for Negi to learn). Not sure I should binge watch all 52 episodes - maybe alternate it with some more Ranma 1/2 or Urusei Yatsura.

Rin-ne Season 2
Episodes 1-3

Rightstuf didn't have season 1 but I decided to buy S2+3 for $3 each (50 episodes). Anything to make me believe City Hunter was cheap.
The characters are straightforward so I've picked it up easily.
It's a laugh.

Girls und Panzer Episodes 1-6

Will watch the Anzio OVA next then continue the series. Cant remember if there are any other OVA's during the main series

Edit:

Seems there are multiple OVA's but the main one is Anzio with the other 6 watchable after the series?

Cba to keep changing disks 😹

Last edited:
Gundam ZZ 1-8
was feeling a bit lost after finishing Zeta, so what the hell started up double Zeta. its going to be twice as good, right?!?
Gundam really enjoys pulling a tonal shift between series, and this time seems to be no different, with it being pretty much a straight up comedy so far. the amount of times people have pratfalled, banged their heads on something, got their hand caught in the door etc is already ... a lot. "Anime ja nai"? it's very much an anime!

Last edited:
Ranma 1/2 set 4 (episodes 70-92): one really shouldn't binge watch this, as there is a lot of repetition. Some funny episodes and some very silly ones. Also some new characters and some returnees. And I'm over the halfway mark! Just another 70 episodes and a couple of movies and OVAs to go.

Bungou Stray Dogs 5th Season episode 57 Dance.

Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Wander the Dungeon episode 8 A new shape.

Undead Murder Farce episode 8 Suck.

Dino Mech Gaiking episodes 4-17

Since I'm at home on Disability now after knee replacement surgery, I watched some anime with my mother over the past week. She's been bugging me to show her some more good anime after we finished the donghua Psychic Princess just before my surgery, which actually turned out to be very good:

My Happy Marriage (Netflix) Episodes 1-7
Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts (Crunchyroll) Episodes 1-8

Both of these are exceptional anime, and my mother is loving them.

I'll also probably show her My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv999, as this had a good romance story despite the gaming aspects that my mother won't care for. Fortunately the gaming portions themselves were kept to a very minimum in the series.

Back