Your viewing journal

Negima! episodes 10-18: it's nice to see the 10 year old genius teacher is female this time, but it's still a little creepy having all his students hitting on him. It's still entertaining and there is definitely a bit of cross fertilisation with Mr Akamatsu's Love Hina. I think I'll continue with this tomorrow rather than subjecting myself to another dose of Ranma so soon.

PS I love the idea of Library Island and I think that's where I shall go when I retire. :cool:

Farming Life in Another World (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

The Devil is a Part-Timer!! Season 2 Part 2 Episode 19

The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen: From Villainess to Savior Episode 8

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You ~High School Days~ Episode 4 (Complete)

My Happy Marriage (Netflix) Episodes 1-7
Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts (Crunchyroll) Episodes 1-8

Nice, another my happy marriage fan!

I'll look at the other one not seen anything about it. (Edit - yes I have think you mentioned it before, it looked alright but also wasn't that keen on the animal vibe, same reason I wasn't into Beast Stars).

Last edited:
Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 8 Break in.

Spy Classroom Season 2 episode 19 Culprit.

The Devil is a Part Timer! Season 2 Part 2 episode 19 Booked.

Dino Mech Gaiking episodes 18-30

Girls und Panzer

TV - Episodes 7-12
Anzio Battle
OVA 1-6
Best girl Movie

All complete

On hold: Das Finale as I didn't buy them 😿
I've just started the OVAs. Nice to hear the original opening song again.
Wouldn't worry about Das Finale as they probably won't finish the 6 films until 2030. I've got 3 and am only halfway through.
Have you watched Der Film yet? I cried.
Glad you enjoyed, it's one of my favourite shows.

Dive!!
Episodes 8-12.
All over. 😭
I bought it because it was $8.
Turns out that it's good fun with a touch of drama. Likeable characters and a clear goal. Normally I would have stopped at 11 but it made me finish.
I'm not going to the pool, though.

Dino Mech Gaiking episodes 31-44 (Complete. Another 70’s mecha anime that was fun but fairly typical when it came to the story and characters.) 3/5

Dragon Ball Super: Hero (Film)
It was nice seeing the Red Ribbon Army back again, and the film was solid overall. 3.5/5

eX-Driver
episodes 1-6, eX-Driver the Movie (Film) A decent short series and film. 3/5, 3/5

Panda Go Panda: such fun and, yes, I can see elements of other Miyazaki films, especially Totoro and Ponyo. Is this the only Miyazaki film (well, two 35 minute episodes so more of an OVA) that doesn't involve flying machines or animals in any way? Oh hang on, maybe it's time to rewatch Marnie and Poppy Hill....

Negima! episodes 19-26: had to pause just before the final episode to buy some milk before the shops shut. Terrible timing on my part. I enjoyed that and I look forward to series two. They're not so much a class of teenage girls as a military unit, aren't they? They would give the girls from St Trinians a run for their money.

Dream Hunter REM OVA 1-2

I've seen both of these before, but it's OVA 2 that really sticks with me. Despite the grue, the first OVA feels more tongue-in-cheek, closer in tone to something like the later instalments of the Elm Street series with its top-hatted, cape wearing boogieman, but the second OVA is full on Dario Argento / Supsiria mode, complete with psychic manipulation, a head teacher who is definitely not a witch, and vengeful spirits in the clock tower. Despite having familiar elements, however, I feel it manages to take the setup and do its own thing with it, rather than just making a simple homage. The content is such that I don't feel REM is something I could recommend to everyone - it seems to be two parts Italian horror movie to one part Sesame Street - but if you're on the same wavelength as it, it's definitely worth seeking out.

Lupin III: Napoleon's Dictionary (1991)

After a failed effort to impress a lady leaves him with a stolen vintage car, Lupin decides to roll with it and enter a prestigious rally event, so that he might get a chance to steal a certain French Emperor's effects being offered as the first prize, in this third TV special. This one doesn't have the best reputation, so my expectations of it were quite low, but it's not that bad - it's just kind of so-so.

There are some solid ideas here, and the script offers up a few good lines, but my overall impression is of this being made very quickly, under the guidance of people whose attention was elsewhere. The story is a bit loose and a bit leisurely for its own good, but the biggest disappointment is the noticeable drop in visual quality compared to the previous two TV films. The deep shadows and quirky visual motifs are gone, and the animation is much choppier than before. Were it not for a few very 1991 tics in the story (the G7 nations take an interest in Lupin's potentially massive family fortune as a way to offset the cost of the first Gulf War), this could easily be mistaken for something about ten years older than it is, looking and feeling like a middling episode of Part 2 that's just outstayed its welcome.

It's by no means unwatchable, but I think it feels worse for following two strong examples of the form, and I don't think there's enough here to recommend the film for anything other than the sake of completion. I hear the next one is better, so I look forward to that.

Romantic Killer (English) - Episode 3 - 4

One Piece: Adventure of Spiral Island (Japanese) - Movie (Complete) (re-watch)

After failing instantly of watching one One Piece movie per day I've finally got back to it with the second movie. I've seen this one before also and remembered this more vividly than the first movie. Though on this re-watch I found the movie fine but quite average overall, some entertaining moments still but nothing much to say really. Similar to the first movie, if you want a self-contained adventure set during early One Piece, you can't go wrong with either. Next up will be onto brand new territory for me with the movies for a while until I get to the modern entries.

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout The Animation episode 9 Appearance.

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - The Separation episode 387 Eternal parting.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II episode 21 Gaze.

F episodes 1-26

Golden Kamuy S3
Episode 12
Where's the S4 Blu-ray?

City Hunter S1
Episodes 5+6
Daft, I call it.

Dragonball S1
Episode 8
Still find it hilarious that I thought this was a kids show.
Does it stay as smutty through it all?
Edit
They've only got one Dragonball to find!
What are they going to do for the next 500 episodes?🤔

Last edited:
Back