Your viewing journal

Seitokai Yakuindomo season 2 and movie 1 (rewatch): I still don't get some of the naughty references. Maybe I should get out more. I noticed they covered nine months in the last four episodes (Halloween to graduation), which means the first nine episodes were all summertime. Fair I suppose, as there are more smutty opportunities in the heat. I also noticed RightStuf has movie 2 for half price in its sale, but I'm not sure I can justify a purchase for just the one item, considering tax and shipping.

Jujutsu Kaisen (Season 2) (Japanese) - Episode 25

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) (Japanese) - Episode 1

Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon (Japanese) - Episode 1

Jujutsu Kaisen 2nd Season episode 25 Investigation.

Rurouni Kenshin (2023) episode 1 Late night suspicions.

Code-E episodes 1-12 (Complete. An interesting premise for a series that got dragged down a bit towards the climax with some love-triangle shenanigans.) 3/5

Combattler V
episodes 1-2

Undead Murder Farce ep1: The first of the new shows which has successfully captured my imagination. I like the darker themes, the distinctive designs, the mystery/supernatural elements, and most of all that I don't really know where it's going. The lead seems interesting so far and it's appreciated that all of the characters we've seen so far have such distinctive looks (coming straight out of a certain finale from last season of a good show which suffered from every female character having the exact same face). I'm curious what they'll be getting up to when the stage (presumably) shifts to England.

My Happy Marriage ep1: The first episode plays out almost exactly like the first part of Taisho Otome Fairy Tale, but we haven't got to the main hook yet so I'm not sure where it's going from here. I'll give it another episode; the lead's self-sacrificing all-consuming misery would normally annoy me but she has a lovely, sweet voice which makes her much more tolerable. And I'm curious to see how the central couple will behave around one another once they're properly introduced.

Reborn as a Vending Machine, I now Wander the Dungeon ep1: This made about as much sense as I'd expected, i.e. none. A vending machine geek is reborn as a vending machine and calmly solo-narrates his way through a whole load of nothing until a super-strong girl shows up to become his first customer, freeing us from the interminable monologues so that we can be introduced to the generic pseudo-RPG world. I can see the value in the series as another step in the natural evolution of a genre which has more than outstayed its welcome but it's really not for me; my partner, who has more tolerance for this insanity, is giving it a second episode. I think I'd like it more if it was crazier and didn't bother even trying to hit all of the usual waymarks in the formula at all, which is a stage I think we're slowly reaching as the corpse of the isekai formula is steadily bled dry of its last dregs of entertainment value. The mild peril inherent in whether or not the reincarnated vending machine guy (whose original name/profession/life story is wholly irrelevant) potentially runs out of energy because he didn't sell enough corn soup just doesn't work for me.

R

Finished ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. Yet another fantastic series from director Shingo Natsume and producer Yuichiro Fukushi. A fun take on conspiracy stories that mixes a gradual political scheme while giving us a tour of the country via a district-of-the-week format. The characters are also very good with great variety and equally great character designs. 5 shows in and Natsume definitely ranks among my favourite directors. Only Sonny Boy left now

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces ep 2
Cooking and prepping for sports day.

Reign of the Seven Spellblades ep 1
Seems interesting enough. The characters all seem to have something about them.

The Masterful Cat is Depressed Again Today ep 1
Seems quite amusing. The animation is a bit wild at times though.

Urusei Yatsura episodes 38-54: and that's the first collection finally completed. Lots of fun and entertaining stories, with all the nudity apparently saved for the penultimate episode. We get to see Lum eating and wearing some different clothes, and Ataru almost admits to feeling something for her in a few episodes. Is there hope for an actual relationship between them? I may hold off on the second collection, which arrived this week, in favour of some more Ranma 1/2, which was in the same box.

Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts Eps 1-12. I'm really loving this series, it's very good. It's kind of similar to Bibliophile Princess but with a Beauty and the Beast type of theme, and the stories playing out in each episode have been getting close to Violet Evergarden levels. There was a preview for an episode 13, but Crunchy only has the first 12 episodes available. Someone in the comments section said this was a 24 episode series, so I'm really looking forward to more of this!

Rurouni Kenshin Ep. 1. I watched the first episode last night, that I did. The animation looks really good, that it does.

Undead Murder Farce Ep. 1. This is quite unusual, but I think it will be pretty interesting.

Reign of the Seven Spellblades Ep. 1. Looks good, I will be continuing on with this one.

Beautiful Bones
Episodes 10+11
Content a bit upsetting.

Cobra The Animation
Episode 5
Cobra is supposed to meet his friend for some treasure hunting. He's missing.
Female "can you handle a boat"
Cobra "easier than handling a woman"
Naughty.
Episodes 6+7
The mountain that doesn't exist.
Freezing cold, Cobra doesn't need gloves.

Thanks to HWR for reminding me to revisit this.

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout The Animation episode 2 Gathering spot.

Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War - The Separation episode 380 A special place.

MIX: Meisei Story Season 2 episode 38 Tremble.

Combattler V episodes 27-50

Am I Actually the Strongest? Episode 2

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout The Animation Episode 2

BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Episode 14

EDENS ZERO 2nd Season Episode 40

Horimiya: The Missing Pieces Episode 1-2

Liar Liar Episode 1-2

My Tiny Senpai Episode 2

My Unique Skill Makes Me OP even at Level 1 Episode 1

TenPuru: No One Can Live on Loneliness Episode 1

Back