Your viewing journal

Orgun

Dragon Knight
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memories - Episodes 6 - 13 [Final] (Blu-ray)

An absolutely fantastic OVA series, I've seen 0083 quite a few times now and I love it the same each I watch it.

Was it dubbed or subbed? If dubbed which dub? Sorry for not quoting the part about the OVAs but yeah I am planning to watch all of it as I have the Patlabor Ultimate set so I'll watch the remaining early days OVA episodes then decide where to go from there (I'll probably just watch the movies first after that and then the TV series then the 16 episode New Files series) :)

Subbed, I never watch anime dubbed.

D1tchd1gger

Akatsuki
Shikimori's Not Just a Cutie ep 5
Day out at the river.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki ep 5
Too cute!

AOASHI ep 5
Farewells.

A Couple of Cuckoos ep 3
Apart together.

Ascendance of a Bookworm s3 e5
Taking the tour.

The Executioner and Her Way of Life ep 6
Look into my eyes.
Some interesting revelations in this episode.

Onipan! ep 4
Picking a club.
This is such a cutesy and fun show you forget it's a WIT Studio show, but looking at the director he's got plenty of experience with this kind of show.

Ya Boy Kongming ep 6
Rap battle.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 episode 31 New life.

Healer Girl episode 6 Festival.

Earl and Fairy episodes 1-12 (Complete. Though there were some decent ideas here the characters didn’t appeal to me as much.) 3/5

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
I’m quitting Heroing episode 6 A good lot.

Tomodachi Game episode 6 Thought process.

EAT-MAN episodes 1-12 (Complete. An episodic action series with a stoic lead protagonist and moody soundtrack that was a mixed bag in terms of storylines but still made for a solid watch overall.) 3.5/5

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 14-18

DFAtBFH.gif

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- episode 6 Someone special.

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness episode 6 Meeting.

RPG Real Estate episode 6 Tone deaf.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody episode 6 Consequence.

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 episode 31 Trickster.

EAT-MAN ‘98 episodes 1-12 (Complete. A solid sequel series which offered multi-part storylines this time around.) 3.5/5

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 Episode 31

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Episode 6

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness Episode 6

Healer Girl Episode 6

I'm Quitting Heroing Episode 6

K-ON! (Rewatch) Episode 1-13 & OVA (Complete. An enjoyable revisit to a series that I thoroughly enjoyed back when it first aired. Onto season 2 next.) 3.5/5

RPG Real Estate
Episode 6

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody Episode 6

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 Episode 31

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 19-25 (Completed)

Iron-Blooded Orphans is probably the most conflicting Gundam show I've seen so far from my watchlist. Season 1 was pretty much perfect in many areas and ended on a strong note, but Season 2 dives into a muddled direction with various mini-arcs that are very hit or miss.

The first arc was just frustrating and I didn't like it at all because it could have been avoided completely if the characters used more logic to the situation. The second arc was really cool and added a lot of shock value and consequences regarding the show's lore and the direction but was a plot thread left forgotten other than one mini weapon that was used to cause consequence in the later arcs.

The third arc in particular is harsh and brutal but worked out alright in terms of the characters moving forward, but then the fourth and final arc comes in and basically ruins your mood in some aspects. The worst part is that if you take a step back and think about it, the ending makes complete sense and differentiates itself from other Gundam shows so it stands out more. I think the biggest issue here is that in Season 1 we had a clear villain to the mix but Season 2 couldn't decide on that and gave us a last minute Char-esque situation which wasn't a great outcome. Also Mikazuki didn't really go all-out as much other than the second arc (and I suppose the writers had to tone him down otherwise a lot of events would have been avoided in the second half).

Overall, Season 2 is divisive and messy and I felt it could have been a lot better, but in its own right does stand out amongst the other Gundams and is worth a shot at least once. I still prefer the older Gundam shows though like Zeta, Wing, 0083 and 00.

Last edited:

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Estab Life: Great Escape episode 9 Big troubles.

Heroines Run the Show episode 6 After a fashion.

Miss Sachiku and the Little Baby Ghost episode 6 A Sad tale.

Skeleton Knight in Another World episode 6 Spar.

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2 episode 6 Core.

El-Hazard: The Magnificent World OVAs 1-7 (Complete. A very enjoyable fantasy adventure that left me keen to watch the rest of the franchise.) 4/5

El-Hazard 2: The Magnificent World
OVAs 1-4 (Complete. I was sadly left rather underwhelmed by this sequel series as it lacked the charm and engaging story that the first provided.) 2.5/5

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Ya Boy Kongming ep5-6

The way it was resolved felt a bit too neat, but generally I like how they handled the thread about the rapper crippled by anxiety. There's some great animation work on Eiko's expressions as well.

New (Shin) Cutey Honey OVA1

Felt like a break from Enma, so decided to go back to Cutey Honey instead. I've seen the first couple of episodes for this run before, but I accidentally watched them in the wrong order at the time and never got back to it. Looking back at my original comment though, my thoughts are actually much the same - I like the vaguely post-apocalyptic setting with its weird, organic look for the city (the buildings all remind me of the Sagrada Famillia), but on first impression, it lacks a little of the mad energy from the original. The action direction is more competent than Universe, but it's not as inventive as Re:.

Given that the violence is at least as, if not more, graphic than the original, it also still bothers me that Honey doesn't dispatch the boss demon by skewering it through with her sword, as per the 73 series.

D1tchd1gger

Akatsuki
RPG Real Estate ep 6
Refugee crisis.

I'M KODAMA KAWASHIRI ep 14
Under pressure.

Heroines Run the Show ep 6
Make over.

BIRDIE WING ep 6
Do or die.

Deaimon ep 6
Surprise arrival.