Your viewing journal

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai episode 7 Lunch and tiredness.

Date A Live IV episode 6 Open your heart.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These - Gekitotsu episode 9 Parasites.

Love after World Domination episode 6 Life’s a beach.

Onipan! episodes 21-25 Giving it your all.

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It r=1-sinθ episode 7 Overcrowded date.

The Executioner and Her Way of Life episode 7 To sea.

El-Hazard: The Alternative World episodes 1-13 (Complete. In terms of personal enjoyment I thought this was a better watch than the sequel OVAs but it wasn’t as enjoyable overall as the initial series.) 3/5

El-Hazard: The Wanderers
episodes 1-8

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (English Dub) Episode 4

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 27

K-ON!! Season 2 (Rewatch) Episode 1-13

Komi Can't Communicate Season 2 Episode 18 Skate and sick.

Miss Shachiku and the Little Baby Ghost Episode 6 Sad story.

Skeleton Knight in Another World Episode 6 Sparring.

The Dawn of the Witch Episode 6 Accident.

The Demon Girl Next Door Season 2 Episode 6 Core.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
A Couple of Cuckoos episode 4 Competition confession.

In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki episode 6 Too shy.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Season 2 episode 7 Another one.

Shikimori’s not just a Cutie episode 6 Carry that weight.

Spy x Family episode 6 Smirk and slugging.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki Season 4 episode 6 Dark side.

El-Hazard: The Wanderers episodes 9-26 (Complete. An enjoyable series that takes a different approach to the story than the OVAs.) 3.5/5

RadFemHedonist

Death Scythe
Macross: Do You Remember Love? (subbed) - I did sample the dub and I've heard worse, best VA of the ones I heard near the start was Lynn Minmay's and it was kind of cool that she seemed to have an English accent? but Mari Iijima was better at playing her in the ADV dub IMO (also it's sooo awesome that she played her in both dub and sub!), and in the end I decided to watch in Japanese, anyway I can totally see why this is regarded as a classic 80s anime movie, I prefer the series for it's more thorough telling of the story but this does a remarkably good job of retelling the story in a compressed form and it is absolutely beautiful, though some of the way it's drawn and animated is slightly awkward compared to some other things out there at the time, but it is overall very pretty and visually imaginative as well with some creative and unique set pieces, and the message is powerful. I think it is something people would perhaps appreciate more if they have seen the original SDF Macross first but obviously I'll never know what it's like to view it before seeing/without seeing the TV show. Was def worth sticking with for the whole two hours, though I didn't watch it all at once :)

Moomin Episode 11 (dubbed) - Still very cute will finish this after Sailor Moon S1 :)

Sailor Moon Season 1 Episodes 10-27 (uncut Viz dub) - really getting into this now, I think I will indeed be watching the entire series and all the films, then I'll give Crystal a try after that (general view seems to be S1 of Crystal's not the best but it improves significantly after that, but I'm happy to give it a proper go anyway) :)

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
Barakamon (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4
Daimidaler: Prince vs Penguin Empire (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4

barakamon-idea.gif

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Spy x Family ep6

Kaguya-sama: Love is War ~ Ultra Romantic ep5

They've used sound-alikes for well known tracks in the show before, but I did not expect Achilles Last Stand during the rap battle...

Ghastly Prince Enma ep6

Crude though it frequently is, I've really warmed to this show. The carnage (?) wrought by the demon who turns people into aimlessly bouncing, helium-balloon versions of themselves was some inspired nonsense.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 249 A heavy price.

Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer! episode 6 Poison(ed) mushroom.

Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs episode 7 The race.

Etotama! episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was a fairly enjoyable scattershot fantasy comedy series that I came across on Crunchyroll some time ago and finally got around to watching.) 3.5/5

Explorer Woman Ray
An underwhelming and fairly obscure OVA that didn’t leave much of an impression after viewing. 2/5

Eyeshield 21
episodes 1-7

Girls with Guns

Mad Scientist
Puella Magi Madoka Magia episodes 8-12 (End), this evening on the big projector screen in my theater room, with the next-door neighbor couple. We had watched episodes 1-7 Friday evening. I used the Blu-rays from my three Aniplex Limited Edition boxsets for the first time. The neighbors said they want to come over one evening this week to watch the Rebellion movie, to complete the story. 👍

Orgun

Dragon Knight
Macross 7 - Episodes 37 - 49 [Final] (Blu-ray)

Macross 7 Encore - Episodes 1 - 3 [Final] (Blu-ray)

All I'll say ahead of the podcast review is that I'm glad that's over!

Dragon Slayer

Time-Traveller
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (English Dub) Episode 5

Date A Live IV (English Dub) Episode 4

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War -Ultra Romanctic- (English Dub) Episode 4

Skeleton Knight in Another World (English Dub) Episode 3

Teasing Master Takagi-san Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 2

Tsukimichi -Moonlit Fantasy- (English Dub) Episode 3

The Dawn of the Witch (English Dub) Episode 4

K-ON!! Season 2 (Rewatch) Episode 14-26, OVA & K-ON! The Movie (Film) (Rewatch) (Complete. Just like with the first season, Season 2 along with the film were also enjoyable rewatches.) 3.5/5

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
Episode 7 Bento and sleepy.

CUE! Episode 18 Lethargic.

Date A Live IV Episode 6 Unlocked heart.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War -Ultra Romanctic- Episode 6 Future plans.

Love After World Domination Episode 6 Beach episode.

Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It r=1-sinθ Episode 7 To many third wheels.

The Executioner and Her Way of Life Episode 7 At sea.