Your viewing journal

Healer Girl episode 12 Earning a C-rank. (Complete. An interesting music-based anime that utilised its core premise pretty well.) 3.5/5

Genocyber OVA
A gory OVA series from the mid 90s that delivered on the bloodshed and violence more so than a memorable story though I still found it watchable thanks to its blend of action, sci-fi and body horror.) 3/5

Doctor Who: Attack of the Cybermen
Uncommonly continuity-heavy and sporting a great guest cast (Brian Glover gets the best one-liners) and Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant are on form too.

Last edited:
NhrqpcMh.png

Tomodachi Game (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-6

This show is wild. Highly recommend going in blind.
Didn't think this was meant to be good but I'll give it a shot now on the back of that recommendation!

RikeKoi s2 e12 (complete)
Blimey, this didn't just take a dark turn it took a dark triple back flip. Let's add some drama, we need a villain, how do we make sure people know he's bad, I know kidnap and sexual assault (didn't manage to get as far as the threatened rape luckily!) 😠 This season was cruising towards the same, maybe, even better score than the first season, but that just soured everything.
6/10

Aharen-san wa Hakarenai
ep 12 (complete)
Meaning.
A fun lighthearted rom-com with two endearing leads. The comedy was fairly gentle and whilst they were sweet together there wasn't much witty banter between them, so a bit too gentle for me.
There were plenty of references, although some were a bit odd even if they were cool:
1818668286d91-f7215BD82B2876ABB82.758FFBFAAA034CF0_message_423889112909531_1655816847302.jpg181866867497-f7215BD82B2876ABB82.758FFBFAAA034CF0_message_423889117874710_1655816866698.jpg
Art and animation were quite good.
7/10

A Couple of Cuckoos
ep 9
Amusement Park and fishing.

I’m quitting Heroing episode 12 Ambassador. (Complete. Not a bad watch but not as strong an offering as other recent fantasy anime have provided.) 3/5

Tomodachi Game
episode 12 Rock, paper, scissors. (Complete. A series that kept me watching thanks to its twists and cliffhanger endings.) 3.5/5

Ghost Hound
episodes 1-6

Doctor Who: Vengeance on Varos A great writing debut from Philip Martin with a still timely satirical premise and memorable villains.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (English Dub) Episode 13 (OVA) (Complete)

Healer Girl Episode 12 Gaining a C-Rank. (Complete. A music-based series with a core premise that was utilised pretty well which made this an interesting watch.) 3/5

I'm Quitting Heroing
Episode 12 Ambassador. (Complete. Average at best but nowhere as good as any of the more recent fantasy anime outings.) 3/5

Jujutsu Kaisen Episodes 1-12 (subbed and dubbed as in I switched between the two a bit but watched about half subbed and half dubbed) - Initially I thought maybe I agreed with other's opinions that this show is a bit hollow/empty, but as it went on it actually did develop more depth, and I'm now hooked, particularly considering that while initially some of the villains were a bit one-dimensional, there's now been a progression to viewing things like
school bullying and the loss of a parent by the same person who was being bullied, who then turns their anger outward
with more compassion and nuance than is often shown in series of this type. Additionally, this is pretty far into real horror for a shonen series both in terms of some of the brutally violent things that happen and for its psychological angle - I'm terrible with live-action horror films, I can barely handle any gore or anything along those lines at all, but I enjoy such things far more in animated form so for me, this was a real treat. Also, the animation is excellent, the music is good and it does have its elements of comedy to provide a bit of levity, which I enjoyed, and the movie fandom aspect adds a lot, dub was pretty great too (certainly more than good enough for a series of this type). So yeah, colour me impressed - I'm not planning to buy much of anything I don't need for a while but I am definitely planning to pre-order the Season 1 Part 2 CE for this if Anime Limited do put it up in July as they indicated they likely would in their last newswire :) I have not listened to the included OST CD yet but I will at some point and say what I thought of it as standalone music :)

Future Boy Conan Episodes 1-7 (dubbed) - I don't think the dub for this is quite as amazing as some people have said but it is still very good and I am really enjoying finally having a physical Blu-ray set of this to watch (I've seen some of it before but not all), I have Part 2 pre-ordered as well and I'm aiming to finish the first part long before that arrives. As this is the only TV series Hayao Miyazaki ever directed it is interesting to see how he goes about it, it's a fun adventure story with the usual environmental messages, innocent romance and theme of flight that you see in his other work, and it's well-paced from episode to episode. It is also remarkably well animated on the whole considering its age and that it is a TV production, this did not greatly surprise me in light of its pedigree but is worth noting for anyone who has not seen it yet and is wondering how it holds up visually, it is overall not quite on a level with early Ghibli films but it does look good. I can see why it is considered a quintessentially classic anime, and look forward to sharing more of my thoughts when I have finished watching all of it :)

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- episode 12 Double trouble.

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness episode 12 Father. (Complete. This was an endearing Slice of life series that I wouldn’t mind seeing a second season of.) 3.5/5

RPG Real Estate
episode 12 Home. (Complete. This was a fun little series which might have slipped under the radar this season.) 3/5

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody
episode 12 How it has to end. (Complete. A middling fantasy series which didn’t leave much of an impression overall.) 2.5/5

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2
episode 37 Experiments.

Ghost Hound episodes 7-13

Doctor Who: The Mark of the Rani An enjoyable historical outing with some nice on-location filming and an atmospheric score.

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody (English Dub) Episode 10

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 33

Birdie Wing -Golf Girls' Story- Episode 12 Attracting attention.

Deaimon: Recipe for Happiness Episode 12 Father figure. (Complete. Endearing and easy-going SoL with a likeable cast that made for some pleasant weekly viewing.) 3/5

RPG Real Estate
Episode 12 New home. (Complete. A fun fantasy series that many might have overlooked from this season.) 3/5

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody
Episode 12 Inevitable outcome. (Complete. A fantasy anime that is average at best for not bringing anything new to the table.) 3/5

The Rising of the Shield Hero Season 2
Episode 37 Experimenting.

Konosuba rewatch seasons 1 and 2
Such a great and fun show. I initially started watching Wonder Egg Priority but after School Days was far too depressing and needed to watch something fun first. It's just all so silly and entertaining. So happy it's finally renewed for a new season.

Lupin the 3rd part 5
Another fun romp with the gang. Didn't enjoy the final arc as much as the others which was a shame but overall it was more great shenanigans and sneaky plans.

Wonder Egg Priority
Now I could come back to this and watch the 2nd half. It was a lot better but the ending was real naff and disappointing. Ultimately it felt like the creators watched Madoka Magica and Flip Flappers and said let's make that but different...and about suicide...won't that be wild!? Well no it wasn't.

Back