Your viewing journal

Not just to remind myself of everything I should know before the film but also to get emotionally ready/vulnerable for it!
Absolutely, the very reason I thought so too. But am now thinking whether I should wait for the second season before re-watching the first and then the movie, given the neverending watchlist, games playlist, manga and novel read-lists, chore-lists, life-lists, etc??? Decisions, decisions...

Absolutely, the very reason I thought so too. But am now thinking whether I should wait for the second season before re-watching the first and then the movie, given the neverending watchlist, games playlist, manga and novel read-lists, chore-lists, life-lists, etc??? Decisions, decisions...
I figure its gona be a while till a physical release over here so I'll just end up rewatching it all again before s2 anyway. Also it's a great film and I'll be happy to watch it again.

The Duke of Death and His Maid ep 10
Past and future.

The Case Study of Vanitas ep 10
I am not a number!

The Dungeon of Black Company ep 9
Shady scheme.

Barakamon ep 9

Battle Game in 5 Seconds ep 9
Battle continues.

Fena: Pirate Princess ep 5
Awakened memories.

The Aquatope on White Sand ep 10
Disillusionment.

Love Live Sunshine Over the Rainbow rewatch
Cracking and charming movie. I've always preferred Sunshine to the original lot and the Saint Snow song is a banger.

Lupin III The First
Very fun and enjoyable movie. The crew all got their little moments, the comedy was on point, the story was mad and ridiculous and it worked surprisingly well in CGI. I'm no expert on the Lupin franchise but this was a fun and entertaining entry.

Higurashi: When they Cry - Sotsu episode 12 Imperfect.

Peach Boy Riverside episode 11 Gift.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 10 Strain.

Katana Maidens ~ Toji No Miko episodes 13-24 (Complete. Whilst some elements of the series were decent others like the main villains weren’t as engaging for me.) 3/5

Higurashi: When They Cry SOTSU (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-6

After the previous season's new venture, we now have the Answer arcs for those events. The solution to how exactly they occur is very obvious, but it's also really interesting to retread those events and see how it all plays out from a different perspective. I'm quite surprised by the violence in this season as there's a lot more than I had expected - it's ruthless lol.

This moment made me shout "jesus ******* christ" also, so that's bonus points for SOTSU:
SPOILER_2021-09-09_12.png

The Duke of Death and His Maid (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-6

It's a CG anime series with a really cool premise and while the story is simple, the interactions between the cast is great. Not for everyone I would say but I have enjoyed what's been shown so far.

Blue Reflection Ray episode 22 Sin.

HameFura, My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! episode 11 The Rescue.

The Case Study of Vanitas episode 11 A promise.

The Dungeon of Black Company episode 10 Care.

Kemono Jihen episodes 1-12 (Complete. A character-focused series that I initially missed when it was airing earlier this year and found to be a solid anime overall.) 3.5/5

Kemono Michi Rise Up!
episodes 1-8

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord Ω (English Dub) Episode 8

Zombieland Saga Revenge (English Dub) Episode 6

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 22 Sisters.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Episode 11 Bath talk.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives 2nd Season Episode 22 Grudge.

My Next Life As a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X Episode 11 Rescued.

Peach Boy Riverside Episode 11 Latent ability.

The Aquatope on White Sand Episode 10 Burden.

The Dungeon of Black Company Episode 10 Childcare.

Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul - from the Sentai movie trilogy steelbook, in my theater room on the 120" screen with my oldest daughter and her boyfriend, who were visiting me during recovery of my surgery.

Night Head 2041 eps 1-2 with my oldest daughter

Tokyo Revengers ep 1 with my oldest daughter

Fena: Pirate Princess eps 4-5

Night Head 2041 eps 5-7

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou eps 1-6

My Hero Academia Season 5 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 15-19 (103-107)

The Endeavor Agency Arc is a simple but interesting set of episodes expanding on Shoto's family. That being said, the filler episode that was created solely to advertise the World Heroes' Mission film ruins the pace and I wish they just released it as an OVA instead and allow the My Villain Academia Arc to take that extra episode slot considering the amount of chapters it needed for adapting.

Remake Our Life episode 10

My Hero Academia Season 5- episode 23 Sad Awakening.

Welcome To Demon School! Iruma-Kun Season 2(Complete)- episode 21 Loved it so sweet and wholesome 9/10.

Re-Main-
episode 9 Egotist.

Tokyo Revengers- episode 23 Funny misunderstanding.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-8

After the surprisingly very enjoyable first season, I decided to save Iruma-kun's second season until the show finished so that I can watch it back-to-back. It continues to be as enjoyable and fun as before, and the arcs shown so far were both great. I am so happy it's got a third season greenlit and if you check the source material there's actually enough content for a fourth season if NHK wants to do so.

Yawara ep1-2

An easy-going, good-natured comedy about a young judo prodigy and her meddling grandfather who is determined to get her into competition at the Olympics, this feels quite similar in tone to Rumiko Takahashi’s work, albeit perhaps a little more gentle. It did surprise me a little that Yawara herself doesn’t feel such a centre of the show’s attention as I’d expected - her story so far seems as much defined by the people around her as anything else. It is gloriously 1989 in its aesthetic though, with rotary phones, boom boxes, doubtlessly unlicensed Patrick Nagel artwork on a background wall, and even Yawara’s bubble-economy rich ‘rival’ feeling deeply evocative of the period.

Last edited:
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom episode 11 Something in the air.

Kajeki Shojo!! episode 11 Blown away.

Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Season 2 - The Eve of Awakening episode 7 Know well.

My Hero Academia Fifth Season episode 111 Origin.

Remake Our Life! episode 10 Small salvations.

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated! episode 6 Poke.

The Honor at Magic High School episode 11 To protect.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 episode 21 Becoming. (Complete. Another fun set of episodes - I’ll be watching season 3 when it comes along.) 3.5/5

Kemono Michi Rise Up!
episodes 9-12 (Complete. A silly yet fun premise which made for an entertaining series.) 3.5/5

-Kizumomogatari- Part I: Tekketsu-Hen (Film)

-Kizumomogatari- Part II: Nekketsu-Hen (Film)

-Kizumomogatari- Part III: Reiketsu-Hen (Film)
A prequel story to Bakemonogatari which delivered a solid watch as I gradually delve further into the franchise and it’s sometimes bizarre antics. 3.5/5, 3.5/5, 3.5/5

Back