Your viewing journal

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 214 A familiar face.

Fena: Pirate Princess episode 5 Losing track.

The Detective is Already Dead episode 10 Confusion.

The Duke of Death and his Maid episode 10 Dreaming.

Karakai Jozu No Takagi-San episodes 1-12 (Complete. It took me some time to warm to the series but I eventually enjoyed what it had to offer. I quite liked the trio of friends and their interactions, at times more than the main segments.) 3.5/5

Warring States Destroyer GoShogun - Episodes 23 - 26 [Final]

GoShogun was an enjoyable watch, it poked fun at the genre and had good characters and story, looking forward to re-watching the Time Etranger with the context of the series this time round.

Hokuto no Ken 2 - Episodes 1 - 5

I like the way the sequel has moved the story on but Kenshiro looks like he hasn't aged at all given the time skip!!

Steel Jeeg - Episodes 36 & 37

Kase-san and Morning Glories (OVA)
Saw someone mention this in the Yuri thread, it's been on my PTW/HiDive queue for a while.
I found it to be quite a slow burn. The main characters Yamada and the titular Kase are already dating at the start (which is fairly rare for a romance anime) and we see them fumble around in this new experience, not just of dating someone of the same sex, but dating full stop (at least in Yamadas case, Kase doesn't mention having never dated before). There isn't any tension about being in a same sex relationship, but plenty about how to go about things and insecurities about things.
The ending is quite sweet and it's clear that they love each other, but there was just something off about it for me as they never actually declare their love (they get close with "I want to be with you forever") and are still using family names for each other at the end!
Looking at the available manga, seems not everything was adapted, so on to the Bookwalker wishlist it goes.

Your Light: Kase-san and Morning Glories
A short trailer/prequel made to promote the OVA.
I gave both a 7/10

Bakuon!!
Eps 1-4
Another CGDCT with bikes, but this time motorbikes. Definitely less realistic than Long Riders, not just in the fact it has 16 year old girls riding fast bikes, but there's lots of absurdist situations.

Barakamon ep 6

Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan episode 10 Hot and cold.

Love Live! Superstar!! episode 6 A reason to dance.

Karakai Jozu No Takagi-San 2 episodes 1-12 (Complete. A solid continuation which offers more of what one would come to expect from the series. Now to wait for the recently announced third season and movie.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Made in Abyss rewatch
Cracking show and those 2 episodes in particular make me ball my eyes out!

Made in Abyss Dawn of the Deep Soul
Incredible movie. Bondrewd is a fearsome, awful man. The animation was great. The story has me super engaged the whole way through. And yes, it had me crying. I feel a bit empty right now.

Made in Abyss rewatch
Cracking show and those 2 episodes in particular make me ball my eyes out!

Made in Abyss Dawn of the Deep Soul
Incredible movie. Bondrewd is a fearsome, awful man. The animation was great. The story has me super engaged the whole way through. And yes, it had me crying. I feel a bit empty right now.
Ah man, this reminds me that I really need to find some time to fit in a re-watch of the series before I jump into the movie.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season 2nd Part episode 46 Floored.

The Idaten Deities Know Only Peace episode 8 Throttle.

Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ episodes 1-12 & OVA (Complete. A decent series overall outside of a questionable father character and some predictable melodrama stemming from the core love triangle.) 3.5/5

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-6

I have started the Summer 2021 season with an isekai that I had been interested in checking out for many months (since it was announced like last year or two). The show shares similarities to That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime, but the source material just narrowly precedes it by a single year. Either way, TSUKIMICHI does enough to separate itself and has been a blast to watch in a marathon format.

Gosenzosama Banbanzai ep1-2

Was actually surprised to see it's only been four years since I watched the first episode of this one - it feels like a lifetime ago. It's certainly Oshii at his most aggressively whimsical, taking great pains to reconstruct the experience of watching a theatrical play in the form of anime, but despite some interesting tics and obvious care in the production, I do find it tries my patience at times. Were this an actual play, I think the extensive dialogue would have an immediacy that is lost through it being presented as anime. I'm going to make an effort to finish it this time, but for now at least, it does feel like I'm having to make an effort.

The Dungeon of Black Company (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-6

Another isekai series, this time it's a satire of the job working industry. I do own Volumes 1-5 of the manga but I saved them until after I watched the series (otherwise it would tamper with my expectations of the adaptation). While the first episode does make the MC unlikeable due to his selfish attitude, the later episodes does make up for it as the journey is both fun and unpredictable as well. Rimu is definitely the star of the series due to her comedic nature of wanting food every time, and the animation is pretty good from Silver Link. I also like the hero girl Shia too.

That said, I had a quick flick through the manga chapters and this anime is definitely going to be adapt all of the currently available volumes from Japan, so if you were hoping for a Season 2 immediately sadly that won't be the case.

Drug Store in Another World - The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist episode 10 Run and scent.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S episode 10 Home and away.

NIGHT HEAD 2041 episode 9 See beyond.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- episode 10 A new servant.

Katana Maidens ~ Toji No Miko episodes 1-12

Bakuon!! eps 9-12 (complete)
Definitely more of an absurdist comedy than a CGDCT, in fact thinking about it I wonder if it's actually supposed to be a bit of a send up of that type of show. Some of the comedy fell flat and some was LOL hilarious. All the characters were pretty much 1 note tropes, the enthusiastic amateur, the Tsundere, the rich girl wanting to be a rebel, etc.
The plot is very much like a CGDCT show enthusiastic newbie gets introduced to new past time by a bunch of other girls and they explore various aspects of said past time.
Art and animation were pretty good.
7/10

Barakamon ep 8

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S (English Dub) Episode 4

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (English Dub) (Uncensored) Episode 3

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 38

Drugstore in Another World: The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist Episode 10

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S Episode 10

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (Uncensored) Episode 9

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 46

Last edited:
Back