Your viewing journal

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season 2nd Part episode 38 A threat emerges?

ENDRO~! (Rewatch) episodes 1-12 (Complete. Still a fun fantasy comedy outing upon rewatch.) 3.5/5

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax
While it's nice to return to some favourite characters and finally put this series to rest I'm very on the fence with this one. Again I enjoyed the usual banter between the main characters and the comedy is still good fun but this season leaned a bit too heavily into the drama side. Honestly didn't understand why the conflict surrounding the main characters had to be this complicated. At least the conclusion was nice enough. Would've been great to see more of Hachiman and Yukino as a couple though (give me an OVA you cowards!). Issues aside I still enjoyed it and will likely give it a rewatch alongside the other two seasons sometime.

Also finally making a start on seasonals with Girlfriend, Girlfriend. Really fun comedy with an absolute disaster of a polycule. Looking forward to more of these idiots

Future Police Urashiman - Episodes 42 - 47

Urashiman has been consistently good through these episodes and is building up to its Finale.

Steel Jeeg - Episodes 8 & 9

Getter Robo ARC - Episode 2

Another entertaining episode but I have to agree with a lot of comments following the first episode that the characters often look different from one scene to the next.

The Detective is Already Dead ep 2
Heart of the matter.
Seems weird that they decided to kill off the girl from the first episode only then to replace her with another girl who just so happens to be in the same school as the MC and also just so happens to have had the heart of the first one transplanted into her. Why not just keep the first girl, or if they've done it to down grade the power set of the female partner of our MC why give the first one basically super powers?

Life Lessons with Uramichi-oniisan ep 2
Chinchilla.

The Case Study of Vanitas ep 2
Searching for proof.

Lord Marksman and Vanadis (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-13 (Completed)
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (Japanese audio) - OVA Episodes 6-9

Lord Marksman is better than I thought it would be. It's got a great concept, the characters are likeable and animation is mostly fine. Music in the opening and closing are pretty good. The show does have its faults however. The presentation was quite jarring as it felt like you're watching a scene and the camera is too zoomed in at times which was annoying my eyesight. But the real issue comes down to its story-telling and pacing as so much is going on to the point where you can easily lose sight of the progression of the plot.

The battle scenes were good but its way of portraying their tactics felt like they were trying to cut corners so that they could reach the end point that they wanted. I'm also not convinced with the relationship between Tigre and Elen (main girl) though, it feels like something is missing and not enough development to make it believable compared to Tigre's interactions with Ludmila (blue-haired girl) and Titta (maid girl).

Overall Lord Marksman is interesting, but I feel its adaptation probably should have been a 2-cour title (22-26 eps) rather than 1-cour (13 eps) in this instance. Therefore I give it a 6/10, it's still recommended but don't expect a perfect fantasy series.

Drug Store in Another World - The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist episode 2 Mercenaries.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S episode 2 A new housemate.

NIGHT HEAD 2041 episode 1 Seems like this could be a solid sci-fi series for the season.

TSUKIMICHI -Moonlit Fantasy- episode 2 Charged.

Fushigi Yuugi episodes 1-12

Drugstore in Another World: The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist Episode 2 Meddlesome Mercs.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid S Episode 2 Another housemate.

Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory (Uncensored) Episode 1 Moving in.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 38 A new threat.

TSUKIMICHI- Moonlit Fantasy- episode 2 Hungry Spider

Dragon Ball Z Kai(Dub,DVD release)(Re-watch)
episodes 9-16.
Decided to Re-watch Kai since last time I saw Kai was the TV edit when it first aired on Kix in 2012 to 2013 so of course only went upto the Cell Saga. So gonna go the full way this time.

Before that saw the Buu Saga in 2018 in the Z sets subbed. Just decided I wanted my DBZ fix and as always it’s frickin delicious.Just finished the Saiyan Saga.

I finally have gotten around to watching Season 4 of Natsume's Book of Friends, after years away from the series, and am reminded of just why I fell in love with it in the first place, it's such a kindhearted show with beautiful visuals and Nyanko-sensei always makes me laugh. I'm partway through Episode 7, watching on the Blu-rays from NIS America's Premium Edition set :)

I finally have gotten around to watching Season 4 of Natsume's Book of Friends, after years away from the series, and am reminded of just why I fell in love with it in the first place, it's such a kindhearted show with beautiful visuals and Nyanko-sensei always makes me laugh. I'm partway through Episode 7, watching on the Blu-rays from NIS America's Premium Edition set :)
Love Natsume's Book of Friends...its my go to relaxing anime. I own the NISA premium sets and I wish Funimation would release the later series.

Little Busters

Episodes 1 - 26

Taken me a couple weeks to watch (haven't had so much spare time lately), interesting series with the characters.
Although does have a minor issue with the characters seemingly to wear the same set of clothes, even the character Kengo who seems to wear his Kendo outfit all of the time
even in the last episode when he is playing baseball, although does wear a jacket

It's one of those little things I tend to notice

Last edited:
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory (Japanese audio) - OVA Episodes 10-13 (Completed)
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory - The Mayfly of Space (Japanese Audio) - Specials 1-2 (Completed)

Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory was a pleasant surprise from beginning to end. It's an OVA series that span about one episode a month from 1991 to 1992, and its animation is top-tier impressive, definitely one of the highlights. The story is very interesting and is self-contained as well, with elements of other U.C. here and there that won't distract you from the overall plot.

The main issue with Stardust Memory is towards the characters. Kou and his rivalry with Gato I felt was very good so that's not the issue. The big issue is Monsha who is not only unlikeable but his appearance or context to the whole show is left unresolved and pointless to the whole plot, especially in the second half. Nina's selfish motivations makes sense at the end but it wasn't made very clear early on so I wished they tweaked her character development or background to fix that issue. Apart from that, the rest of the characters are all pretty likeable though Keith had no development but is not a major nuisance compared to Monsha.

With that said, Stardust Memory is very good. Animation, music and the general story makes this series worth a watch - overall a strong 8/10. Now saying that, I'm very curious to see how Afterglow of Zeon is, considering it's a 2 hour compilation film compared to roughly 5.5-6 hours of OVA content.

As for Mayfly in Space, the first episode is short but felt like a deleted scene from the OVA series. The second episode is a picture drama but is underwhelming and the animation doesn't fit with the show's original artstyle.

Love Live! Sunshine Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-5

I have finally started the Aqours series. Despite repeating the same beats as School Idol Project, the Aqours cast does enough to keep it separate to the original group. Has a lot of fun reaction moments too.

Higurashi: When they Cry - Sotsu episode 4 Guns and dolls.

Peach Boy Riverside episode 3 Seeking out.

The Aquatope on White Sand episode 2 Finding meaning.

Fushigi Yuugi episodes 13-27

Starting more seasonals with Beastars 2 and Love Live! Superstar!!
A great return to form for Beastars with its more unique setting and characters. Fantastic animation from studio Orange as always. Love Live! returns with its third mainline series with some interesting differences to set it apart from its predecessors. Having five main characters should certainly help give each one some more focus compared to previous series and I like that they've broken the orange-haired genki tradition by having Kanon be a more cynical protagonist.

Love Live! Sunshine Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 6-9
Napping Princess (Japanese audio) - Film

No.AnimeAcquiredFormat
1​
The Night is Short, Walk on GirlSeptember 2018Film
2​
Ouran High School Host ClubOctober 2017TV Series
3​
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Operation MeteorApril 2020OVA Series
4​
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz Special EditionApril 2020Film
5​
Lord Marksman and VanadisJanuary 2018TV Series
6​
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust MemoryMay 2020OVA Series
7​
Napping PrincessNovember 2018Film
8​
Love Live! Sunshine!! (Season 1)June 2018TV Series
9​
??????OVA Series
10​
??????Film
11​
??????TV Series
12​
??????OVA Series

So I'm a Spider, So What? (English Dub) Episode 21

Strike Witches: Road to Berlin (English Dub) Episode 10

Blue Reflection Ray Episode 14 Searching.

Girlfriend, Girlfriend Episode 3 Desperation.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives 2nd Season Episode 14 A life's value.

My Next Life As a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! X Episode 3 Scheming servant.

The Dungeon of Black Company Episode 2 Uprising.

Life Lessons with Uramichi Oniisan ep2

Zombie Land Saga Revenge ep7

Sonny Boy ep1

Well that was certainly interesting. I really didn't know what to expect from this one beyond the slightly retro-looking visuals, but I did not expect a callback to cult '70s horror manga A Drifting Classroom. I was also surprised that it seems to be anime original, as it employs a lot of pleasingly stylised visual devices that feel like they might have been conceived with a manga page in mind - it's telling that director Shingo Natsume has worked on a couple of key Masaaki Yuasa projects.

On the less positive side, it seems to be packing about 90 minutes worth of material into half an hour, and I also hope that they haven't shot themselves in the foot by apparently moving away from the school setting by the end of episode 1.

One to keep an eye on, but I'd like to withhold judgment for a little while longer.

Back