Your viewing journal

Blue Reflection Ray episode 14 Hood.

HameFura, My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! episode 3 A comfy kidnapping?

The Case Study of Vanitas episode 3 Playing dirty.

The Dungeon of Black Company episode 2 Dethroning.

Fushigi Yuugi episodes 28-52 (Complete. A bit of a mixed bag both in terms of story and characters due to some problematic elements in the former and sometimes lacking personalities in the latter. That said, the final episodes were fairly decent and I may check out the OVA series eventually.) 3/5

Mobile Suit Gundam Seed
Wrote a larger piece on my thoughts in The Gundam Thread. Overall enjoyed it but not my favourite Gundam show.

Megazone 23 part 1
Solid film introducing the world with some good action to boot. Also managed to throw in a moment that genuinely surprised and shocked me.

Castlevania s1 rewatch and s2
Great show. Really enjoyed how we got a lot more time with the vampires in s2.

Sonny Boy ep 1
Seems like quite a mysterious show. The characters looked a bit like they were rotoscoped, but smoother than I've seen before.

The Case Study of Vanitas ep 3
New clues.

The Dungeon of Black Company ep 2
Strike.

The Aquatope on White Sand ep 2
So this is basically Sakura Quest Okinawa Edition.

Villainess s2 e3
Reverse Stockholm Syndrome.

Kageki Shoujo!! ep 3
Childhood trauma.

D_Cide ep 2
Rebellious phase.

Remake Our Life ep 3
Screening.

1m Lives s2 e2
Preparations.

Peach Boy Riverside ep 3
Proposition.

Love_Live_-_2_resized.gif

Love Live! Sunshine Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-13 (Completed)
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Afterglow of Zeon (Japanese audio) - Film
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (Japanese audio) - OVA Episodes 1-2

Love Live! Sunshine!! repeats the same path that School Idol Project had done but what it manages to do well is offer a great cast of characters and music to go with it. There are some interesting differences that stand out including the backstories of the third year girls but what I noticed more in this series was the humour as I don't remember SIP being this funny. Either way, I enjoyed watching this season of Aqours and I may go straight into watching Season 2 pretty soon.

So Afterglow of Zeon was an interesting experience as it does a pretty decent job summarising the events of 0083 as a whole. A lot of content was removed in the film, and these were the prominent examples:
  • A majority of the Earth scenes at the beginning of the series, including the final scene of the final episode, were removed. What remains is the capturing of the Gundam Unit 02 and a quick TL;DR of Kou and Gato's first battle and bits and pieces of the chase scene from the end of episode 2. The film begins with the fleet leaving Australia.
  • The biggest benefit of this film is that all of the cringefest scenes from Monsha have been removed, including any perverted stuff and also many of Keith's obsession with women and doing social stuff. The only parts kept were the important story aspects like Kou running away from the table discussion with Nina and Monsha.
  • The Moon arc (which begins around 30 mins in) was trimmed down a fair bit, for instance Kou running away from the bar was trimmed, but it does keep aspects of Kou's interaction with Kelly. The arc ends however when Kou returns to help build his mobile suit. Therefore you never see Kelly's battle and fate.
  • What surprised me the most was that they completely removed the battle that resulted in Lt Burning finding the Operation Stardust suitcase and his ultimate fate. Therefore you never hear about Kou's promotion. It goes straight into the Fleet speech followed by Gato eventually using his shot against them (for reference; Episode 10 content starts roughly at 60 mins in).
  • A majority of the La Vie en Rose scenes were mostly removed as well, and what was kept was them boarding the facility and a brief scene of the coup d'etat with Gundam Unit 03. Therefore you never see Lucette's fate, heck her involvement is pretty much cut. The whole "you have limited access during this facility" stuff was also cut so it makes the scene not have enough context.
  • Many of the Delaz fleet scenes i.e. the Zeon stuff, were also trimmed down and what was mostly kept intact was Cima's scenes and the first interaction between Gato and his Admiral at the beginning which were pretty integral to the story. Therefore you don't see Gato finding out about Kelly's fate nor Gato getting his new mobile suit and testing it out against the Federation.
  • Episode 12 content starts around 80 mins in followed by Episode 13 content at 95 mins in, and pretty much a majority of these final two episodes were kept intact. But as mentioned earlier, the epilogue was removed.
Overall, it's a pretty good recap film but I do recommend watching the original OVA series for a better experience and for understanding the context as well.

No.AnimeAcquiredFormat
1​
The Night is Short, Walk on GirlSeptember 2018Film
2​
Ouran High School Host ClubOctober 2017TV Series
3​
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Operation MeteorApril 2020OVA Series
4​
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz Special EditionApril 2020Film
5​
Lord Marksman and VanadisJanuary 2018TV Series
6​
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust MemoryMay 2020OVA Series
7​
Napping PrincessNovember 2018Film
8​
Love Live! Sunshine!! (Season 1)June 2018TV Series
9​
Mobile Suit Gundam UnicornAugust 2020OVA Series
10​
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Afterglow of ZeonMay 2020Film
11​
??????TV Series
12​
??????OVA Series

I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level (English Dub) Episode 8

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season (English Dub) Episode 29

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Episode 3 Got talent.

My Hero Academia Season 5 Episode 16 Sea and Air.

Remake Our Life! Episode 3 Viewing.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun 2nd Season Episode 37 Fingers.

Finished Natsume's Book of Friends S4 and am really glad I did, enjoyed the things they did with this season to develop the characters and you learn more about Natsume and his past :) Now I am rewatching Mob Psycho 100 Season 1 subbed in preparation for finally watching Season 2 (also subbed) - I watched it dubbed a while ago and couldn't massively connect with it, the dub's not bad but the Japanese is better here IMO, to the point where it makes a meaningful difference to my experience of the series. There are some other shows I'm considering rewatching subbed at some point to see if it improves my opinion of them, particularly now that I am learning Japanese :)

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom episode 3 Whisper.

Kajeki Shojo!! episode 3 Behind closed doors.

My Hero Academia Fifth Season episode 104 By the sea.

Remake Our Life! episode 3 Loving the art.

The Honor at Magic High School episode 3 Taking matters into their own hands.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Season 2 episode 14 Lost and found.

Gakuen Utopia Manbagi Straight! episodes 1-12 (Complete. An enjoyable SoL series based around a misfit school council which some darker moments here and there.) 3.5/5

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
episodes 1-6

Love Live The Movie rewatch
Charming little film. The whole franchise is so endearing and it's a really nice end to the ų's story.

Your Name rewatch
Never get bored of watching this. It's so good!

Megazone 23 part 2
Another fun ride. Not sure why they decied to make characters unrecognizable from the first film though.

Megazone 23 part 3
Really liked this one. A new cast and slightly different feel to the first 2 but it works really well as a sequel to them.

Also watched Blackwidow and Loki love a bit of marvel and Loki was properly good!

b75.gif

Love Live! Sunshine Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-5
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (Japanese audio) - OVA Episodes 3-4

cf1398bb2b.gif
Another_-_Hhnngg.gif

No.AnimeAcquiredFormat
1​
The Night is Short, Walk on GirlSeptember 2018Film
2​
Ouran High School Host ClubOctober 2017TV Series
3​
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Operation MeteorApril 2020OVA Series
4​
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz Special EditionApril 2020Film
5​
Lord Marksman and VanadisJanuary 2018TV Series
6​
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust MemoryMay 2020OVA Series
7​
Napping PrincessNovember 2018Film
8​
Love Live! Sunshine!! (Season 1)June 2018TV Series
9​
Mobile Suit Gundam UnicornAugust 2020OVA Series
10​
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Afterglow of ZeonMay 2020Film
11​
Love Live! Sunshine!! (Season 2)June 2020TV Series
12​
??????OVA Series

Honestly didn't understand why the conflict surrounding the main characters had to be this complicated.
Heheh this is what I thought about the second season and on my first watch of SNAFU had actually, against popular opinion, preferred the first season at the time as it was more light-hearted with more comedy. But the series has always taken a very melodramatic approach to it's psychoanalyses, and that's not a criticism as I love this series. Likewise I loved the final season and how they closed it out, very nicely done. But yes, I fully agree on that OVA!

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 208 Horns.

The Detective is Already Dead episode 3 Helping an idol.

The Duke of Death and his Maid episode 3 The Plague Doctor plays piano.

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet episodes 7-13 & OVAs 1-2 (Complete. A science-fiction series which utilises an oceanic setting. A solid watch overall.) 3.5/5

Gatchaman Crowds
episodes 1-6

Heheh this is what I thought about the second season and on my first watch of SNAFU had actually, against popular opinion, preferred the first season at the time as it was more light-hearted with more comedy. But the series has always taken a very melodramatic approach to it's psychoanalyses, and that's not a criticism as I love this series. Likewise I loved the final season and how they closed it out, very nicely done. But yes, I fully agree on that OVA!
Yeah despite my criticisms I still have a soft spot for the series since it's one of the first anime I started watching. My love for the characters overrides my issues with the plot.

Combatants Will Be Dispatched! (English Dub) Episode 8

EDENS ZERO Episode 15 Fighting cheats with cheats.

Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Compromise.

The Detective is Already Dead Episode 3 Idol in need.

The Duke of Death and His Maid Episode 3 Melody of the the Plague Doctor.

Starting my fourth seasonal with The aquatope on white sand. The first episode seems to be mainly setup and I've heard it really gets going in episode 2. That aside we get a good introduction to the protagonists and a great showcase for the art direction. From the start Studio Easter is flexing their background art and we also get great character designs from U35 adapted by PA Works regular Yuki Akiyama. Looks to be a nice chill series and I'm getting a PA Works "working series" vibe from this

Last edited:
Back