Your viewing journal

Uh... watched A LOT in the last day or so.

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi 1-7: First six episodes were fairly crazy and OTT, but it was fun, never made me consider it anything of outstanding quality but still enjoyed it. Seven was really different though, the past of Arumi's grandfather and Sasshi's Grandmother, how the Shopping Arcade came to be and the result of how everything came to be. Watching this in Japanese too since I REALLY don't want to watch it dubbed for the Texan accents.

Guin Saga 2-4: Gets better and better, honestly, this is probably my favourite of the season, classic RPG scenarios at its finest. An oddcast of characters who pre-date all potential stereotypical RPG characters, the dialogue at times shows its age but it doesn't really bother me. The only thing that did was the pacing of episode 4, one minute they're talking about traveling down the Kes River on a boat, the next minute they're already on the boat... wtf? OST is great, getting some Claymore vibes from the OST too.

Eden of the East 3-4: Was decent, don't understand all the hype, really now, it's just another "game" series, like Death Note, Doubt, Code Geass, etc. I've seen it all before, memories erased and all, but regardless of this I still find it watchable and enjoyable, whatever. Main character pisses me right off.

Queen's Blade 3-5: Soul Calibur IV definately, set in stone, it's pretty bad, but I'm not dropping it, I'm laughing to much not to. The amount of breasts flying around, no wonder Japan loves it.

FMA: Brotherhood 4-5: I feel my days of an intense FMA fanboy returning, loving it. The music strikes me a lot more and leaves a better impression as a whole, extremely fitting, the music for the original anime I barely noticed, the only one I remember is "Brothers" the whole Shou Tucker scenario was handled fairly well despite the pacing and Scar is an absolute BEAST, the chase he gave Ed and Al was far better this time around. Can't wait 'til we hit never before animated content. Manga Wrath vs Greed, please come soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lupus said:
Queen's Blade 3-5: Soul Calibur IV definately, set in stone, it's pretty bad, but I'm not dropping it, I'm laughing to much not to. The amount of breasts flying around, no wonder Japan loves it.
lol, this echoes my thoughts exactly. Nanael suddenly snapping at Reina by the campfire was hella funny.

Hatsukoi Limited 1-2: Yeah, this seems to be a nicely enough done adaptation for me to carry on watching it, so far. Voice acting is decent, visuals are decent.

Clouded said:
When They Cry Episodes 1-8

Quite interesting so far. Tried watching it before but the opening scene was a bit "gruesome"

Keep watching it and you'll be rewarded :) this together with the 2nd season Higurashi Kai are well within my top 10. Although if you thought the opening scene for the first chapter was bad i'm curious as to what you thought of the opening scene for the second chapter.

Clannad Collection 2. A nice show all the way through some cliché moments, but as a whole a decent slice of life show. Although I did not feel the emotion some have with the show.

Glass Fleet 1-19. Pretty forgettable show so far too cliched. The characters are not particularly likeable, and I had most if not all the twists well before they happened.

Valkyria Chronicles Episode 4
I'm starting to enjoy this a little bit more :)

Pandora's Heart Episode 5

This looks like it'll be the dark horse of the current crop this season

When They Cry Episodes 9-13

Its starting to get more creepier now. The opening scene for episode 9 was so far the most gruesome :eek:

BlackWolf said:
Also i've started rewatching Zeta Gundam eps 1-17 (but this has been over the past two weeks or so)
I remember you saying that you owned this title.
Mecha related question: If I want a classic 80s series, show I persue Zeta Gundam or SDF Macross?

Chaz said:
BlackWolf said:
Turn A Gundam eps 11-15
How would you rate that? I'm kinda fighting his missions on Dynasty Warrior: Gundam 2, and I'm in the mood for maybe giving it a go...

So far i like it :) There's far less action compared to other gundam series but its quite good, and don't be put off by the designs (i assume though you've seen Turn X in the game). Its a rewarding series

EDIT:

@Zin5ki Yeah i do hence the rewatch :p out of those two...hmm tough, i say get Zeta and try to get the movie version of Macross, SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love? both are masterworks :)

continuing my catchup of a long ass ridiculous list of anime (some even few years old!)
i watched the first 2 episodes of Wolfs Rain....so far, seems very gripping and amazing....i would love if Beez could re-issue the DVD boxsets again.......

When They Cry Episodes 14-26

When They Cry S2 Episodes 1-11

This is proving to be a bit of a hit in my eyes. The story keeps you interested as you want to know what happens next. It's also nice to see how everything is starting to click together aswell :)

Back