Your viewing journal

Welcome Back Ninja Boy.
Funnily Enough i just finished Season 2 of Gundam 00, and i have to say it was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish, and i want more =/ Curse the movie being released next year..guess it gives me a good chance to catch up with other series anyway. On which note, i'm moving onto Xam'd and Macross Frontier now.

Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei 1-2

From one great series to another... I particularly liked "Momoiro Kakarichō" and the part with the strawberry cake. XD

And welcome back Ninja Boy, some good choices there.

Ninja Boy! said:
i also watched '5cm Per Second', all i can really say about that is....its just beautiful!
Hither Twice my friend. I'm chuffed that I managed to buy a copy before it went out of stock in R1.

Zin5ki said:
Ninja Boy! said:
i also watched '5cm Per Second', all i can really say about that is....its just beautiful!
Hither Twice my friend. I'm chuffed that I managed to buy a copy before it went out of stock in R1.

i'm thinking of getting the LE R3 edition.....but i need to know how good the eng subs are for it.
i'm sure it will be good, but the odd R3 subs can be bad....even if it is official.
if only it would get a UK release....even better....a UK Blu-Ray release...
then i would defo purchase that.

Ninja Boy! said:
Zin5ki said:
Ninja Boy! said:

i'm thinking of getting the LE R3 edition.....but i need to know how good the eng subs are for it.
i'm sure it will be good, but the odd R3 subs can be bad....even if it is official.
You might wanna take a look here. ;)

ayase said:
Ninja Boy! said:
Zin5ki said:
Ninja Boy! said:

You might wanna take a look here. ;)

oops my bad lol. long story short, looks like i'll get teh LE version then!

Sorcerer Hunters Chocolate, Springs And Other Hot Things. Pretty random stuff nothing new, so not really needed if you have watched the main series.

Watched the rest of Galaxy Railways. Trains in space is an odd premiss for a show, but it worked. It is really a sci fi show in which the space craft just happen to be trains. There is quite a good story and the animation is pretty good, at times the female character design reminds me of Macross.

The first series of The Tower Of Druaga. I loved the first episode, but it slowed down a bit at other times. It is probably in now with my favourite fantasy series.

I watched the anime OVA about Denzel from FFVII: Advent Children. I really enjoyed it. It was cool to see Denzel's backstory, and there was one very emotional moment at the end of the 30 minute episode :]

Due to me not having watched much of anything in ages and owning 12 volumes of Fighting Spirit, I started watching it the other day. It's one of the few unwatched series I own on DVD that I actually want to watch.

After 15 episodes, I think it's very good in a mindless sense. It's like watching Rocky in animated form, with a different type of main character. Where as Rocky started out as an adult loser on his way down, Ippo starts as a high school loser who gets bullied. But he's very much in the Rocky mould, not being as skilled as other boxers yet able to go toe-to-toe with them because of his power and ability to endure countless blows without going down.

The problem is, there's no originality in this type of story. It's obvious Ippo is going to rise to the top, beating and befriending rival boxers on his way, as well as finding a girlfriend in order for him to move away fully from the loser he started out as (he'll finally talk to the girlfriend character in the next episode, going on the preview.) There's very limited depth, only decent boxing related character development and no shocks. It's an enjoyable series to watch, one which is easier to digest than other lengthy and far more complex series like LotGH, but it's a bit too shallow for me.

I'll stick with it until the end since I own most of the series on DVD and enjoy it quite a bit, but it isn't the sort of series I can see myself awarding top marks come the end.

Righty, watched a wee bit tonight:

Macross Frontier 10 - Was a very nice episode i thought, and makes me want to look into Macross Zero(i think thats what it retells anyway) so thats now planned to watch after this
Spice and Wolf II OVA(aka Wolf and Amber Melancholy) - I liked this, though that was never going to be hard after enjoying the first series. I can't be sure if it is a telling of the chapter in volume 6 or not..but anyway It felt a lot more comical than the original series and it touched more on the relationship of both Lawrence and Horo, albeit more through Horo's eyes. Its still a nice way to keep me patient for the next series next month(or was it July)
Eden of the East 1 - I went into this without a clue on what to expect and i have to say i was thoroughly impressed with it. Not just in terms of animation(which was top notch, by the way) but the characters, the plot and story. A big mention has to go to the voice acting though, its not usual that you find something where american voices are done and sound american in a japanese dub, but this certainly did it right. I need to look into the next few episodes now, i think i maybe slightly hooked.

EDIT: almost forgot:
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood 5 - Probably the best episode so far, done very very well, not rushed, not too slow, just right. The dream at the beginning is great and Eds immediate reaction is captured brilliantly, and at the end, the small feud between the brothers is great, just as i'd hope it would have been done All in all, i'm glad its stuck to the manga so well, and done it right too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back