Your viewing journal

LBX Girls Episode 5 Message.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season Part 2 Episode 43 Their chance meeting.

Redo of Healer (Uncensored) Episode 4 Path to revenge.

Akudama Drive ep8-12 [end]

All credit where it’s due, they really turned that around. It was big and tropey and stupid, but once it got going, they really went for it. I don’t think it‘s likely to trouble any top ten lists any time soon, but as a throwback to early 2000s sci-fi action series, I actually quite enjoyed it. Would recommend.

Finally got back to some anime tonight, my mother and I watched 8 more episodes of Hanasakeru Seishonen, eps 28-35, so only 4 more episodes left to finish the series. Discotek picked a really good one here to bring out on Blu-ray! Wow, is this getting even more gooderer, lol. There's been quite a few edge of your seat episodes in a row. This is my #1 anime right now for political conflict, power struggles, scheming royalty, and budding romance... 😎

Sakura Quest-sol on steroids. I quite liked this show, the characters were exceptionaly well realized and likeable, the plotline was realistic and believable. At 25 episodes everything had enough time to develop to fruition. Well worth the time to watch!!

The Asterisk War Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-9
Dr. STONE: Stone Wars (Japanese audio) - Episode 4
Higurashi: When They Cry Gou (Japanese audio) - Episode 18
K: Return of Kings (Japanese audio) - Episodes 8-10
The Promised Neverland Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
The Quintessential Quintuplets II (Japanese audio) - Episode 5

You pretty much had the same criticism I had with regards to the film - the idea of the story being told through reality and fiction was quite messy throughout so there were many moments where I wasn't sure if it was supposed to happen main story-wise or not.
I think I felt the same after the first time around but on second watch I absolutely loved the way the reality and fiction elements were spliced together and thought it actually was genius. So maybe a second watch may change your minds too.
Watching this with mum. First time I've shown her anime after all these years. Surprisingly, she seems to be enjoying it so far!
Heh reminds me of how my mum will never ever watch anything I recommend anymore after I took her to see Von Trier's Melancholia in the cinema heh.

Cells at Work! CODE BLACK episode 7 A Jealous cell.

Cells at Work! 2nd Season episode 5 Still searching.

Dr. Stone: Stone Wars episode 4 Give me steam.

Heaven's Design Team episode 5 A new creator appears.

Higurashi: When They Cry - NEW episode 18 Scrapbook.

The Promised Neverland 2nd Season episode 17 Unexpected.

Yuru Camp△ 2nd Season episode 5 Glomp.

Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online episodes 10-12 (Complete. A fun little series though lacking a bit in memorability outside of an over-the-top central character whose key ties to the lead weren’t all that engaging to follow.) 3/5

Sword Art Online: Alicization
episodes 1-7

Last edited:
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (English Dub) Episode 10

Cells at Work!! 2nd Season Episode 5 Energized.

Cells at Work! CODE BLACK Episode 7 Jealousy.

Dr. STONE: Stone Wars Episode 4 Steam power.

The Promised Neverland Season 2 Episode 5 An unexpected reunion.

The Quintessential Quintuplets II Episode 5 Ulterior motive.

Yuru Camp△ Season 2 Episode 5 Round tour.

The Asterisk War Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)
K: Return of Kings (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-13 (Completed)

My thoughts on The Asterisk War are roughly the same as the first season. The second season is mostly a battle arc that honestly was pretty interesting for the most part. There was a sub-plot that occurs which was a bit daft but it gave the MC some form of having to go through some character development to tackle the battles. The final arc of the season is not the best way to wrap up the show because it's just a bunch of sub-plots that are not that investing and it's also setting up a sequel which, as most of you know by now, is pretty much a "read the light novel" ending (as A-1 Pictures and Aniplex never bothered to provide a third season, considering they were trying to make this series the next SAO and basically failed). It's not a terrible show but it's not a great show either, it's just fine. A low 6/10 for both seasons in my opinion and nothing higher.

K: Return of Kings is surprisingly consistent with the first season and its film Missing Kings. In fact it goes straight into the story introduced from the film and actually wraps it up pretty well. Honestly the franchise overall has been pretty unexpected, and while the animation is just an experimental bizarreness that makes the editing of Bohemian Rhapsody look like basic math and the fanservice of the female characters is okay but not really needed (there's no nudity but it just doesn't fit in with the cast and tone ~ and I'm saying that as someone who loves fanservice in general), the show as a whole does the job very well. Each clan group, though their main frontlines MCs that is, get their spotlight and the main villain was intriguing none-the-less. Some characters do get thrown in and immediately tossed aside but overall it's better than expected. 7/10.

Back