Your viewing journal

Kanon 7-12

It's easy to watch and often quite amusing but thus far I have no emotional attachment whatsoever to any of the characters. Though they're likeable enough, I don't find them believeable or sympathetic. It's all too calculated for my liking.

The English dub is very good, though, particularly Brittany Karbowski as Ayu.

Over the past two days i've watched:

Slayers episode 7 - would've been more but disc is faulty
Gundam 00 S2 15-18 - getting better and better i think, i'm finding it quite hard to stop watching it every evening. I'd be finished it if it weren't for sleep, hah.
One Piece 306-309 - You can never really beat some One Piece, and these episodes are probably some of the best examples as to why One Piece is so awesome.

Kanon 13-14
lol!

Gunbuster 2 1-2
Well this was somewhat disappointing. The original is one of my favourite anime and this utterly fails to capture the same spirit. Nice fanservice, though, even if Nono has robo-boobs

Last edited by a moderator:
If Gunbuster was sort of a parody of the mecha genre, with a heart, then Diebuster is more like a parody of Gunbuster. I still loved it though, and at least Gainax aren't afraid to laugh at themselves.

Fullmetal Alchemist 1-4
Finally got round to it. It does seem pretty original and I like the characters and character development so far - but I hope there's going to be more to it than; travel to a new place, defeat resident villain, repeat. Given the flashbacks and developing plotlines I'm fairly optimistic though.

ayase said:
If Gunbuster was sort of a parody of the mecha genre, with a heart, then Diebuster is more like a parody of Gunbuster. I still loved it though, and at least Gainax aren't afraid to laugh at themselves.

So Gunbuster 3, should it ever be made, will likely be a parody of a parody of a parody? :D

The first couple of episodes certainly are more Gurren Lagann than Gunbuster.

ayase said:
Fullmetal Alchemist 1-4
Finally got round to it. It does seem pretty original and I like the characters and character development so far - but I hope there's going to be more to it than; travel to a new place, defeat resident villain, repeat. Given the flashbacks and developing plotlines I'm fairly optimistic though.

Whoa, you're late to the party :p Better late than never though, especially with Fullmetal Alchemist. It's a fantastic series :3

Are you watching it dubbed or subbed?

chaos said:
Started Gungrave. Volume one promises a very solid anime, with some serious action ahead.
Gungrave is AAA+, exciting, intriguing, emotional anime for all but two eps, and you've already had one of those.

ayase said:
Fullmetal Alchemist 1-4

The orginal or Brotherhood?

Also dub or sub?

Well, there are only 3 episodes of Brotherhood released, so he's obviously talking about the original series if he's so far seen 4 episodes of an FMA series :p

In reply to CG & Spyro, I'm watching it subbed. The dub seemed pretty good but I've become a bit of a purist...

I've left it so long as I was waiting for the boxed sets to be released. Even though I've just got the second I've been too busy to start until now - at least that means I can marathon it.

Plus I was too busy at Anime 80's Night to join the FMA party. :p

Back