Your viewing journal

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM episode 12 A nice ending. (Complete. Another comfy set of episodes from this series - this may be the strongest of the three seasons for me. I hope another will emerge in time.) 4/5

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai
episode 13 Hold back the rain. (Complete. Out of all the LL series’ I’ve seen so far this ranks highly and was good fun throughout with some emotional stakes too to keep the plot interesting.) 4/5

Sugiruri, Warlords of Sigrdrifa
episode 12 The end of battle. (Complete. The character interactions and action sequences were solid throughout but it’s a shame that the antagonist ended up being rather bland and uninteresting.) 3.5/5

The Day I Became a God
episode 12 Remember. (Complete. A bittersweet series overall with some frustrating episodes later on due to Youta being a bit insufferable. The final episode was better handled at least.) 3/5

Nichijou (Rewatch)
episodes 22-26 & 0 (Complete. Still as bizarre and eccentric as it was on my first watch, with some jokes landing better or worse than before for me.) 4/5

Ninja Nonsense
episodes 1-12 (Complete. A lighthearted comedy series focused on ninjas that was oddball in the same vein as Nichijou is. Onsokumaru was a bit irritating but otherwise a fun watch overall.) 3.5/5

Ninja Scroll (Film)
A brutal and violent film from director Yoshiaki Kawajiri with superb animation and design throughout. Admittedly, I found the action more engaging than the actual story tying it all together but this was another anime film I should have gotten to sooner. 4/5

No Game No Life: Zero (Film)
A visually gorgeous film which acts as a prequel to NGNL. Whilst the final act felt a tad rushed this was still enjoyable.) 3.5/5

Non Non Biyori (Rewatch)
episodes 1-3

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club episode 13 (End)
A great change in direction compared to Sunshine. Nijigasaki features no school closure drama and instead focuses on the characters becoming solo idols. While it was mostly episodic the shift to Ayumu's arc was a great addition giving it some nice emotional depth. Definitely my favourite "group" so far with Yu being a fun take on self-insert characters. Really looking forward to Anime Limited's release and hopefully a second season.

Just to try something normally out of my comfort zone, I started streaming BOFURI the maxed-out cutesy girl, Episodes 1-8. It was an Ok virtual gaming series that was definitely way too cutesy for me, but I kept on with the series until episode 8. That episode was just so mindlessly stupid I decided to stop there. Dropped. Hey, I tried, but I still can't handle those kinds of anime. Now I'm going to need to watch something seriously dark and psychological to help cleanse my palate, lol.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 4 [63]
Talentless Nana (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-13 (Completed)

Talentless Nana is probably the dark horse of this season. From first glance it's a show that probably barely anyone would be interested in, but once you start to watch the first few episodes it becomes something else. Each episode surprisingly managed to grab my interest with the direction it goes and while the main character is a conflicting one, she does grow during the second half of the series.

While I do recommend this series, especially in marathon mode, it does end on abrupt note that might divide folks but also make you want to check out more. This series is based on a manga so there's more to explore, in fact you can actually read the chapters on Crunchyroll thanks to Square Enix. 8/10

Warlords of Sigrdrifa: 909th Tactical Princess Corps Battle Record! (special)
A fairly decent recap.
6/10

Warlords of Sigrdrifa
eps 9-12 (complete)
A decent "only certain people can save the day" show. Some good action, a bit of comedy and drama and a good cast. I especially liked Miyako. I'm not sure about the plot twist though, as far as I could tell Odin set up the threat to the world so that everyone would send in there best fighters and when they died they would be added to his army to help fight off another Ragnarok, but he also sends the Valkyries to help including his own daughter. I'm sure humanity would have helped and the Valkyries certainly would have!
Art and animation were pretty good.
7/10

5/12 Funi shows done.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season episode 63 Festival.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 180 Assassin.

Maesetsu! Opening Act episode 12 (Complete. Sadly this didn’t really improve as I had hoped. The characters had their moments but the overall anime just wasn’t that good a watch.) 2.5/5

Talentless Nana
episode 13 Til the end. (Complete. An intriguing series wherein the titular Nana must continually cover her tracks. The ending has left me wanting to see how the story progresses so failing a second season I may read the manga at some point.) 3.5/5

Non Non Biyori (Rewatch)
episodes 4-12, Non Non Biyori Repeat (Rewatch) episodes 1-12 & Non Non Biyori Movie: Vacation (Film) Figured I would rewatch the series and finally watch the film as well in preparation for the third season coming up. Still as likeable a series as ever. 4/5

No-Rin
episodes 1-9

Last edited:
Well, Hi-Dive renewed even though it kept telling me it wont renew as my creditcard details were out of date (Thanks Paypal) -_-

So need to justify the year sub of Hi-Dive I guess

Z/X Code Reuinion - Episodes 5~12 [Complete]
It was fine I guess. A few good battle scenes and the charater designs were ok.
Final review - Please spend your time watching something else

Love is Lies - Episodes 1 - 4
Reminds me of Scums Wish. This could be good :)

Last edited:
Sword Art Online: Alicization
Another great SAO series. Its action and visuals are great. The story was really interesting this time with its theme of right and wrong vs law and rules.

One Punch Man rewatch
Awesome series.

One Punch Man season 2
I really liked it actually. I'd heard a lot of negative things which tempered my expectations so in the end I was pleasantly surprised and had a fun time watching it.

Rwby vol 5 rewatch and vol 6 and 7
At times the humour and dialogue is a little too goofy but the action and story more than make up for that. It's a consistently exciting show to watch.

And some live action stuff

Tenet
I don't always get along with Nolan films but I really enjoyed this one. The action was slick, the plot was exciting, even though the first act is 90% exposition and it was gripping to the very end. Robert Pattinson in particular puts in a great performance.

Gallants
Fun martial arts film. It was interesting how the muguffin that kick starts the story kinda gets forgotten along the way and it becomes more about their personal honour than anything else

The House
Very scary Thai film. Filmed and acted wonderfully. Had me feeling very creeped out.

Geisha Assassin
It was like it was filmed with a low frame rate which made it look a bit janky. Definitely affected my enjoyment if the action.

Muppets Christmas Carol
Best Christmas film ever made. You can't change my mind.

Talentless Nana eps 10-13 (complete)
Mixed feelings at the end of the season. I went in thinking, from the synopsis, that it was going to be some SoL show about talented kids at school fighting aliens, but the first episode soon put paid to that! From then on I really enjoyed the cat and mouse nature of Nana vs Kyouya, but the last arc with Michiru getting Nana to open up and Nana having second thoughts seemed a bit too manipulative with both their backstories being emotional, but it did sow the seeds of doubt of the organisation behind her, although again going as far as killing her parents just so they could set this girl up as an assassin is a bit OTT!
Definitely hope for a second season, or if not a read of the manga.
8/10

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart
eps 9-12 (complete)
A fun comedy series about a bunch of misfit idols. I wouldn't call it an idol show as there are only a few performances and nor would I say it was a CGDCT take on the genre as there were a fair few lewd jokes, but there are aspects of both.
Some of the animation was weird that I mentioned in the first episode, but it was good apart from that. The performances, although quite brief, were very good too and didn't look like the cg that idol shows use.
7/10

7/12 Funi shows done.

Last edited:
Kotoura-san ep1-2

After it came up in the hidden gems thread, I thought I'd give this a shot. The artwork is kind of underwhelming, and there is a fair amount of tonal whiplash between bleak drama and comedy hijinks, enough to make me wonder if this was adapted from a nakige-type VN, but there is something oddly engaging about it and it seems to work better in practice than you might imagine. My impression is that this is more than the sum of its parts, but I'm just not sure it's for me though.

Last edited:
Dropout Idol Fruit Tart episode 12 (Complete. Dropout doesn’t quite feel like an idol anime nor CGDCT, but instead sort of sits in the middle with streaks of ecchi antics throughout and offered some entertaining Monday viewing.) 3.5/5

No-Rin
episodes 10-12 (Complete. An often-lewd anime comedy with an agricultural angle that managed some more heartfelt moments amongst the innuendos.) 3/5

Outbreak Company
episodes 1-12 (Complete. A fantasy comedy that sees humorous implementations of otaku culture within a fantasy realm - complete with various references to other anime and manga throughout the series.) 3.5/5

Outlaw Star (Rewatch)
episodes 1-12

Rewatching Chobits and about 14 eps in. Though honestly I've not seen it for literal decades so for the most part it feels brand new. It's... ok, it's fascinating watching this android girl grow. There is a wierd disconect though watching this in 2020 as the show displays advanced robotics technology but reference old technology like RGB ports in an old fat TV and... my favorite part the superiority of the DVD. Now I'm not saying I was right all a long, but I happen to have anime agreeing with me that DVD's are good and perfectly watchable.

Outside of Anime I'm going through the blu-rays that came with my christmas 4k sets. Watching Blade Runner and Back to the Future again was great.

Last edited:
Back