Your viewing journal

Golden Kamuy Season 3 (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)

This season manages to improve not just the story progression but also the animation (no CG bear this time). It's been a blast watching the characters interact as well as some interesting backstories for many of the cast throughout this season. Bonus points for the russian dialogue which was handled really well and rather amusing to listen. I'm really happy that this series has gotten better ever since the first season aired a few years ago. It's definitely an under-rated series and one worth checking out. The only issue I have is that there is one episode that is pretty much out of place and should have been better suited as an OVA but other than that, this season is probably Golden Kamuy's best so far. 9/10.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)

A great fun comfy comedy series. When I first started the series I was worried that the concept would be repetitive and to my surprise each segment manages to provide a lot of fun ways and a great cast of characters. The humour for me was great and the voice acting was wonderful. Yoshitsugu Matsuoka is just perfect casting for the Demon King, Inori Minase is great as the princess and best of all it has Takaya Kuroda. Overall, well worth the watch and I recommend it if you want something chill. 8/10.

Snow White with the Red Hair [Rewatch] episodes 2-3

SeriesFormatStatus
Grimoire of Zero12 episode seriesWatched
Show By Rock!!12 episode seriesWatched
AKB004813 episode seriesWatched
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu12 episode seriesWatched
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu Specials2 episode specialWatched
AKB0048: Next Stage13 episode seriesWatched
Snow White with the Red Hair [Rewatch]13 episode seriesWatching
Snow White with the Red Hair 2nd Season13 episode seriesPlanned
Gatchaman Crowds Insight: Inbound1 episode specialPlanned
Gatchaman Crowds Insight12 episode seriesPlanned

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart episode 11 Heir.

Golden Kamuy 3rd Season episode 36 Escape. (Complete. Golden Kamuy continues to deliver a great storyline that balances out drama and tension with often bizarre humour and characters.) 4/5

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle
episode 12 I’m only sleeping. (Complete. A fun outing that kept its core premise interesting and humorous each week. One of the seasonal highlights and the OP was great too.) 4/5

Naruto Shippuden (Rewatch)
episodes 470-479, 494-500 (Complete. Another year another rewatch, and again this is one of my favourites despite its flaws and a lot of filler and overused flashbacks later on.) 4/5 for the overall series.

Natsume’s Book of Friends
episodes 1-7

Last edited:
Eps 10-12 of The Royal Tutor (complete)
Eps 1-7 of Laughing Under the Clouds
Ep 12 of Ikebukuro West Gate Park (complete)...along with Moriarty the Patriot this is one of my faves this season

December 18th - 22nd.

By the Grace of the Gods (English Dub) Episode 7

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III (English Dub) Episode 5

The Day I Became a God (English Dub) Episode 5

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You (English Dub) Episode 1-5

Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina (English Dub) Episode 2

Warlords of Sigrdrifa (English Dub) Episode 6

Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 11 Controlled.

Attack on Titan: The Final Season Episode 62 Grieve.

By the Grace of the Gods Episode 12 Parting. (Complete. Endearing fantasy fun that provided some enjoyable weekly viewing with its all-round likeable MC and cast of characters.) 3.5/5

Dropout Idol Fruit Tart Episode 11 Inherit.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives Episode 12 Descending. (Complete. A decent first season with plenty of room to improve upon with season 2 coming next year.) 3.5/5

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? III Episode 12 (Complete. Another solid and enjoyable season that had more of the same decent action throughout.) 3.5/5

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM Episode 11 More festive fun.

Iwakakeru -Sport Climbing Girls- Episode 12 One last climb. (Complete. For a sports series that isn't one of the regular ones seen in anime this was definitely a standout for being different. Overall it was a decent weekly watch, but imo I do feel this more to offer.) 3/5

King's Raid: Successors of the Will Episode 12 Trial.

Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club Episode 12

Maesetsu! -Opening Act- Episode 11 Round 1.

One Room Third Season Episode 12 Happily ever after. (Complete. Another decent season of romantic shorts.) 3/5

Rail Romanesque Episode 12 (Complete. Definitely not one of the worst series of shorts I've seen, but it could've been better. Disappointing to say the least overall. Hopefully season 2 makes up for that.) 2/5

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle Episode 12 Final quest. (Complete. Fantasy fun that provided some hilarious antics throughout. Dogakobo really know how to do these kinds of shows right.) 3.5/5

Talentless Nana Episode 12 Empathize.

The Day I Became a God Episode 11 Game method.

TONIKAWA: Over the Moon for You Episode 12 (Complete. Comfy SoL romance about a young newly-wed couple and their new life together. Looking forward to watching the OVA next year.) 3.5/5

Wandering Witch: The Journey of Elaina Episode 12 (Complete. A fantasy series that makes use of what it has to offer depending on the concept. Overall the different varieties made this even more enjoyable.) 3.5/5

Warlords of Sigrdrifa Episode 11 Commanding.

Snow White with the Red Hair [Rewatch] episodes 4-6

SeriesFormatStatus
Grimoire of Zero12 episode seriesWatched
Show By Rock!!12 episode seriesWatched
AKB004813 episode seriesWatched
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu12 episode seriesWatched
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu Specials2 episode specialWatched
AKB0048: Next Stage13 episode seriesWatched
Snow White with the Red Hair [Rewatch]13 episode seriesWatching
Snow White with the Red Hair 2nd Season13 episode seriesPlanned
Gatchaman Crowds Insight: Inbound1 episode specialPlanned
Gatchaman Crowds Insight12 episode seriesPlanned

Black Clover episode 157 Mostly recap this week.

Ikebukuro West Gate Park episode 12 Final conflict. (Complete. This is a series with glimpses of something special throughout but otherwise sits in the okay/decent category for me.) 3/5

Natsume’s Book of Friends
episodes 8-13 (Complete. This reminded me a bit of Mushishi in how it’s structure consisted of mainly episodic stories dealing with the spiritual/supernatural. I intend to watch the rest of what’s available on CR in the future.) 4/5

NG Knight Lamune & 40
episodes 1-18

Last edited:
Honestly I've just been jumping from show to show lately for the most part without finishing many of them BUT I have decided I will just focus on watching one cour (or thereabouts) length series from my physical collection for a while along with finishing things I've already started. I mean watch this space I guess I might change my mind but eh, that's the current plan, anyway :/

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)

This show is an unfortunate one to say in terms of my opinion. While I like the main two leads and the general concept that the story provides, it just does not grab me as much as it should and feels rather medicore. There are interesting aspects throughout like the villain introduced in its third arc and the moe captain with her sub-plot, but there are issues as well like big battles that just get resolved so quickly combined with some pretty slow pacing. Honestly when I look at my anime simulcast watchlist for this season, Our Last Crusade was probably the least exciting one, but the show itself is not bad by all means. Animation is pretty consistent and the voice work is done well. I think the show tries a bit too hard to be the next big thing. To sum it up, it's a fine series by MAL terms, but not ground-breaking that would immediately hook me to watch it instantly. Would I check out a second season if it ever appears? Sure I mean the actual story does intrigue me enough and there are some punchable characters that I hope meet a suffering end. 6/10.

Finished Revue Starlight (dub) which I really enjoyed and will watch again at some point. I dug the many Ikuhara parallels and liked the character interactions which obviously had a lot of thought put into them, it was fun noticing little details in the personalities of the characters as expressed visually through stuff like when you'd see three characters react to the same thing differently in the same shot, and some of the designs for their trinkets and whatnot in their rooms. I wouldn't quite put it on a level with KI's best work (at least, not after one viewing, dubbed in English - the dub is solid but I'm pretty sure the Japanese will be better when I get around to watching it subbed and I think they made the right decision in not dubbing the songs here) but it was a very good series overall, and I am glad to have finally seen it in it's entirety :)

Am now watching Megalobox (dub) which I'm pretty blown away by ATM, I mean I knew it was gonna be good but that's not the same thrill as actually experiencing it (also the dub is excellent).

After The Rain
Took me a few episodes to really get into this. But by the end it had become a great show. It's one I'll have to rewatch one day knowing how it ends I'll enjoy it a lot more.

Haven't You Heard I'm Sakamoto rewatch
Astonishingly good show. So funny, absurd and entertaining.

O Maidens In Your Savage Season
Overall disappointed by this. Loved the club prez's story and arc. She was so relatable. But I hated the main character from the get go (she was obnoxiously annoying) and it definitely hampered me getting into it properly. Coupled with 2 of the girls having trashy gross stories I was left feeling a bit disappointed after how hyped I've seen people be about this show.

Started some of the live action MVM films I got

Ninja Girl
Low budget and pretty grim in a few places but the main fight in the cave was well done.

Death Game
Fantastic movie. Psychological thriller that had me guessing throughout and had some great twists and turns. Excellent example of the genre.

Blood
Vampires, cops, seductress, sword fights. Crazy film with a cool visual aesthetic where red was the only vibrant colour ever seen in the film. Some great action too.

Binged through Himouto! Umaru-chan R, it was a big improvement over the first season. But I kinda wish there was some sort of major movement regarding many of the running plotlines. If there's no season 3 with some conclusions or progress with relationships it will be left feeling really incomplete.

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle ep1-2

Seems like a sweet little series, but I was surprised at how well produced it is. The background work is particularly nice - I suppose it's meant to recall Dragon Quest, but looking at the design for the castle, I immediately thought of Castlevania...

Gal & Dino ep8

They're never coming back to the time travel story, are they?

Back