Your viewing journal

Ep 1 of Noblesse...unless you've read the webtoon or watch Noblesse Awakening this wouldn't make any sense to people. So glad its got an anime as i love the webtoon.
Made sense to me...
Vampire wakes up from long sleep, decides hanging out at a Japanese School as a student is a good idea. He has 2 bodyguards, one of which was a prototype for engineered superhumans, but he's the only one who survived the prototyping process. Meanwhile the properly engineered superhumans are in a murder squad (and seemingly bad guys) and their next target is said vampire.
What's missing?

Last edited:
Higurashi: When They Cry Kai (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-5

Ni-Pa!~

Anime SeriesStatus
Higurashi: When They Cry26 episode series, Watched
Higurashi: When They Cry Kai24 episode series, Watching
Higurashi: When They Cry Rei5 episode series, Planning to Watch
More Incoming!

Sigrdrifa ep 2
Tight fit.

The Day I Became a God ep 1
A quite funny first episode.

TONIKAWA ep 2
First night.
Still not particularly funny. I think some of the "comedy" comes from the Japanese terms that normal couples would use as opposed to this unusual couple, which gets lost in translation.

Fire Force s2 e15
Poot-poot.

Iwakakeru! ep 2
First tournament.
LOL at all the "enemy" characters and their nicknames, almost like a Shounen show.

Is the Order a Rabbit? BLOOM episode 1 Great to see another season of this.

Iwa Kakeru!: Sport Climbing Girls episode 2 Results that matter.

Love Live! Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai episode 2 Learning from the past.

Sugiruri, Warlords of Sigrdrifa episode 2 Fire!

The Day I Became a God episode 1 A pretty funny first episode.

The Gymnast Samurai episode 1 Finding a ninja in the bathtub is certainly a way to make a first impression.

31 Days of Halloween! Day X: One Missed Call (Film)

Mob Psycho 100 (Rewatch)
episodes 1-7

I’ve also begun rewatching Miami Vice.

Chaos;Head rewatch
Great little series. Good mystery and interesting and engaging show.

Chaos;Child
More than worthy sequel. Very good story and mystery. Big improvement on the animation as well. The horror moments are well done too and the ova epilogue epsiode was incredible.

Konosuba s1 rewatch
Ludicrous and hilarious. So much fun to watch. Its remarkable that show about awful people is so charming.

Legend of the Millennium Dragon
Entertaining film with some cool ideas and story twists. The main character is very boring however which was a shame. But the climax was exciting and had some great animation.

Talentless Nana ep 2
A tricky problem. The solution was both quite genius, but also a bit stupid on behalf of the victim. Why believe that she suddenly remembered that she and Nanao had been attacked when she hadn't mentioned that at all when asked by both of the other boys in this episode?

Moriarty the Patriot ep 1
Interesting take on the Sherlock Holmes property. Moriarty as detective, but still being on the wrong side of the law by advocating vengeance and vigilante justice.

Maesetsu!: Opening Act ep 1
What's the definition of insanity?
Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results!
Another un-funny comedy, so far. The gag I'm referencing to with the above quote referenced Lucky Star and the art style is quite similar as well, but it's a 2020 original show, so I'm sure it went right over a lot of new anime watchers heads, so I'm not sure why they used the reference, although I did notice it, I suppose, despite, still not having got round to watching it.

Higurashi: When They Cry Kai (Japanese audio) - Episodes 6-13

Anime SeriesStatus
Higurashi: When They Cry Kai24 episode series, Watching
More Incoming!

When They Cry: Kai episodes 6-13
How spooky that I happened to start watching this at the same time as Grav and at the same point in the series too.

Tsuritama episodes 7-9

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! Pico: Ohmori episodes 15-23

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 169 A new mission.

By the Grace of the Gods episode 2 Departure.

Maesetsu! Opening Act episode 1 A bit hit and miss in parts but will give it the three episode treatment to determine whether it’ll be worth watching in full.

Talentless Nana episode 2 Silence of Time.

31 Days of Halloween! Day XI: The House that Dripped Blood (Film)

Mon Psycho 100 (Rewatch)
episodes 8-13 & Shorts (Complete. Still a visually gorgeous series with some solid storylines and a stoic but likeable protagonist. The little touches I remember liking before still hit too.) 4/5

Last edited:
How spooky that I happened to start watching this at the same time as Grav and at the same point in the series too.
Ni-pa!

I probably won't watch all 11 episodes of the final arc in one sitting (otherwise I would probably burn myself out), so I may watch either 6-8 episodes tomorrow and then finish it the next day (and depending on how much I managed to watch tomorrow, I might be able to get Higurashi Rei sorted at the same time).

Recent stuff. I'd really love 2nd seasons of Chio's and Monster Girls, both fantastic.

Asteroid In Love 7/10
Charlotte 8/10
Chio's School Road 8/10
Interviews With Monster Girls 8/10
Terror in Resonance 8/10

Cowboy Bebop Movie 7/10
Howl's Moving Castle 9/10
Mirai 8/10

Bartender
I think this is the first time I've described an anime as classy but it really is. The dialogue heavy show is presented with a subtle but notable visual flair. Each epsiode has a different protagonist that ventures into bar and we learn their story, often melancholic but with a dash of hope. We also learn about the drinks and their histories as the titular Bartender works his magic.

Higurashi: When They Cry Kai (Japanese audio) - Episodes 14-24 (Finished)

I managed to watch the entire Festival Orchestrating arc in a day (intermissions every few episodes). I really like the arc and how it wraps everything up but I feel the first few episodes should have been trimmed down a bit because it was ruining the pace. I understand its integral character development but it could have easily been sliced into an episode rather than a couple to justify itself.

Either way I'm pretty much ready to watch the new anime series at this point, but I plan to wrap up the old series by viewing Higurashi Rei tomorrow.

Anime SeriesStatus
Higurashi: When They Cry Kai24 episode series, Watched
More Incoming!

Back