Your viewing journal

My Hero Academia Season 4 (Japanese audio) - Episode 2 [65]
Sword Art Online: Alicization -War of Underworld- (Japanese audio) - Episode 2
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (Japanese audio) - Episode 3

Stars Align episodes 1-2
Really strong start with fun characters and story. Very good character designs and animation. Ryoma Ebata's ED is fantastic and much better than his work on Rifle is Beautiful.

Shirobako episode 16

Hand Shakers [English Dub] episodes 5-6

The Thing
The classic sci-fi horror from John Carpenter. It still works so well in it's tension and mystery that kinda got ruined with the 2011 prequel.
  1. Evil Dead II
  2. Army of Darkness
  3. The Cabin in the Woods
  4. TribeTwelve (Fortunes, DEATHTRAPEXODUS, Crawlspace, Pitfall)
  5. TribeTwelve (SCRINIARII, Sisyphus, Rendezvous, Facade)
  6. This House Has People in It
  7. Too Many Cooks/Unedited Footage of a Bear
  8. Hellraiser
  9. Hellbound: Hellraiser II
  10. EverymanHYBRID (Half-acre of ash, The day the world ended, All good things, Introductions)
  11. Night of the Living Dead
  12. Shaun of the Dead
  13. Day of the Dead
  14. The Blair Witch Project
  15. Marble Hornets (Entry #79-Entry #83)
  16. Marble Hornets (Entry #84-Entry #87)
  17. The Wicker Man
  18. The Wicker Man (2006)
  19. The Thing

My Hero Academia 4th Season episode 65 New foes, new allies?

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun episode 3 The Hyperactive kind of endearing.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Season 2 episode 3 A new haircut.

Leprechaun 3 (Film)

Magical DoReMi
episodes 40-51 (Complete. Endearing fun with some mature themes handled pretty well for the intended audience. The ending felt a bit redundant knowing that there’s several more series’ but otherwise a solid watch and a nice cast of characters and ideas.) 3.5/5

I'm in a bit of a Fate binge after having rewatched Zero a week or two ago and it's as good or even better than I remembered. I think I love everything about it. The characters are all interesting or used in interesting ways, the fights are some of my favorites in anime, the soundtrack sticks with you and the story is memorable enough.

I then watched UBW, but what I really want to talk about are the Heaven's Feel movies, particularly its fight scenes. For Presage Flower, Assassin vs Lancer (chase scene included) was mind-blowing to me. Like, the animation was so good that it specifically felt like ufotable were just straight up showing off with it. "Yeah, we're this good, deal with it." what the hell man.

Same thing for the big fight of the second movie, Lost Butterfly, Dark Saber vs Berserker. It got me so giddy and excited! The use of color, and the scale of the fight is so satisfying and mesmerizing. It's top notch stuff.

Generally speaking, my knowledge of the series is limited to what I've watched so far, and even though they all complement each other very well, my favorite route is Heaven's Feel for sure. It feels darker, the horny stuff is just natural considering the franchise's history and I appreciated it for what it was (and let's admit, they're teenagers, it's normal); there's a bit too much melodrama every now and then, which Zero was mostly devoid of, but I suppose that comes with the territory. Sakura is at times annoying (senpai senpai senpai senpai senpai) and at times interesting and relatable considering her life story, Zouken is the more detestable villain, and I'm glad they dialed back on the Gilgamesh boner, even if I love him myself. Fack Shinji, he got at least a bit of what he deserved, finally.

I'm not one for long posts so I'm just rambling by now, but I'm generally very impressed with ufotable's work with the franchise. Give me the third movie.

Lancer and Berserker FOREVER.

Kabukichou Sherlock ep 2
A blooming good mystery.

YU-NO eps 24-26 (dub) (complete)
An exciting end to the isekai section followed by an epilogue which didn't really do much.
Has the same problem as most multi-route VN adaptations in that it tries to cram in too many of them leaving a confusing mess. I assume the routes would have all lead to the isekai part in the final third some way or another and once there the plot became linear and wasn't bad.
Art and animation weren't spectacular although some of the character designs were good.
7/10

Hakata Mentai! Pirikarao-chan
eps 3-12 (complete)
Another series of shorts about local culture. This one based on food from Hakata, Fukuoka. Fun, but not that funny. The art is quite good, nice and bright and cheery.
5/10

That's the Summer season finished!

Africa Salaryman episode 3 Tricks and failing to impress.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 129 Bizarre but pretty fun.

Rifle is Beautiful episode 2 Decent aim, terrible catch.

Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit episode 3 I’ll be sticking with this for now as I’m enjoying it enough to.

Vinland Saga episode 15 Again, Askeladd?

When a Stranger Calls (Film)

Last edited:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (English Dub) Episode 2

My Hero Academia Season 4 (English Dub) Episode 2
Never ending enemies and an internship.

One Punch Man Season 2 (English Dub) Episode 2

Waiting in the Summer (English Dub) Episode 11

Chidori RSC (Rifle is Beautiful) Episode 2
Practice match, test's and training.

Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 3 [15]
Flashback and self reflection.

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front - Babylonia Episode 3
Getting settled in and new allies.

Shoujo☆Conte All Starlight Episode 16
Mmm banana cake... Yum.

Stop This Sound: Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 3
Festival Time and a surprise visitor. Plus some character development.

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld Episode 2
Things certainly are interesting at the moment. It's going to be intriguing to find out what the current enemy's intentions are and what they need A.L.I.C.E for.

Val x Love Episode 3
Pretty decent episode this week.

Vinland Saga Episode 15
A dying man's wish and a major reveal.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Season 2 Episode 3
Change of hairstyle.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Episode 3
A new friend with some serious ADHD issues.

Dr Stone episode 16
Null and Peta episode 3
Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 episode 3
We Never Learn Season 2 episode 3
Vinland Saga episode 15

I decided to put Sword Art Online on hold and let it build up so I can watch them through.

I decided to put Sword Art Online on hold and let it build up so I can watch them through.
I'm going to do the same. I've not even started it yet, so easy to leave for now.

Ahiru no Sora episode 3 (dropped)
Ahiru no Sora episode 3 Part of me wants to drop this because it’s pretty by-the-numbers
You guys should try the other sports show, Hishiai no Sora (Stars Align). Has a few sports show tropes, but seems it'll be much more than that with some of the themes already introduced. It's an anime original by the director of Escaflowne and Noein (although no sign of any Isekai shenanigans).

I'm going to do the same. I've not even started it yet, so easy to leave for now.

You guys should try the other sports show, Hishiai no Sora (Stars Align). Has a few sports show tropes, but seems it'll be much more than that with some of the themes already introduced. It's an anime original by the director of Escaflowne and Noein (although no sign of any Isekai shenanigans).
I’ve heard about that one, maybe I’ll check it out.

Rifle Is Beautiful

Weird they didn't choose the standard PCP .177 or Small bore .22 considering part of their goal is the Olympics.

Although to be fair, the small bore .22 Rifle would require a firearms certificate in the UK (Small Bore .22 pistol is actually outright banned) so I'm guessing thats out of the question for Japanese School Kids

and I'm not familiar enough with Japanese gun laws to know what the rules and regulations are on PCP .177 target Rifles/Pistols... so part of me gets why they have to use laser rifles...... OK, not really, From a serious sports point of view it seems kinda silly and I would hope there are ways of under-18's in Japan getting .177 Target Rifles/Pistols for sports use.

(Only mentioning PCP as its the more consistent Air Rifle over Spring, Gas Ram and CO2)

--------------

I'm aware there are people who would prefer the Pistol and Rifle sporting events using Laser rather than Live Ammunition, but I dont agree (I'm allowed my own opinion after all)

And I'm far from saying the use of Laser Rifle is a bad idea, I think they would be great as its own event but mayby alongside conventional Live Ammunition rather than replacing it

Been ill the last few days so just been watching anime in bed so have watched quite a lot!

In Another World With My Smartphone Complete
Really enjoyed this silly male wish fulfillment show. The cast were all likeable and it was easy watch and pretty funny.

Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ Complete
So much better than Zeta. Not quite as good at the original series. Will write more in the Gundam thread at some point.

Last Exile Fam The Silver Wing Complete
This was much better than season 1. The animation was good. The story interesting, the action good and the characters likeable in a pretty stressful situation.

Silver Spoon Season 1 and 2 complete
This was so so good. Season 1 was a very fun comedy. Really liked the cast and had me laughing out loud and some of the silly absurdist humour. Could also be heartfelt esp in season 2 when it became more of a drama. Sad more hasn't been made.

Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counter Attack
Good movie that gets a bit big for its boots and goes off the edge a bit at the end. Also too many new characters for a film who dont get the development they deserve. The main females characters entire arc has to be explained by Amuro and Char at the end of the film.

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt, December Sky and Bandits Flower
Very good films. December Sky is easily my favourite piece of Gundam I've watched so far. The animation is stunning. The story is gripping and goes into some pretty heavy themes. It also doesnt shy away from being pretty brutal to a large number of characters caught in the war and gives nice insight be people on both sides

BEASTARS (Japanese audio) - Episode 1
No Guns Life (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

I watched these two at my Uni's anime society. BEASTARS was via a bad rip which is no surprise but it's really interesting, I'll be saving it for when Netflix releases the entire series on the platform outside Japan (likely to be around January/February 2020). No Guns Life was via my Funimation account that I let them use, and honestly, the show was better than I thought it would be so I'll add it to my simulcast schedule.

Mondays:
Babylon - Watched 3 of 12

Tuesdays:
None to watch yet

Wednesdays:
Blade of the Immortal - Watched 3 of 24
Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious - Watched 2 of 12
Kemono Michi: Rise Up - Watched 3 of 12
ORESUKI Are you the only one who loves me? - Watched 3 of 12

Thursdays:
No Guns Life - Watched 1 of 12

Fridays:
Dr. STONE - Watched 16 of 24 (on-going from Summer 2019 season)
Food Wars! The Fourth Plate - Watched 1 of 25

Saturdays:
My Hero Academia Season 4 - Watched 2 of 25
Sword Art Online: Alicization -War of Underworld- - Watched 2 of 12
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun - Watched 3 of 23

Sundays:
VINLAND SAGA - Watched 12 of 24 (on-going from Summer 2019 season)

Back