Your viewing journal

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens - The next door neighbors were back again tonight, dashing over to finish up the series with episodes 9-12. Friggin' awesome anime for all three of us - and I enjoyed it even more this second time through!

Demon Frontier Legend La Deus

Another 80s OVA from the Super Robot Chronicles encyclopedia ticked off. A nice looking if straight forward 48 minutes of entertainment. A early work by the director of Tekkaman Blade and Sonic Soldier Borgman.

Macross Zero - Episodes 3 - 5 [Final] (Blu-ray)

Gundam Build Divers - Episodes 22 - 25 [Final]

I know I'm not the intended demographic for GBD but the Gundam Build shows have steadily gone down hill since the original series which I really enjoyed, I definitely won't be bothering with ReDivers.

Ergo Proxy ep6-7

Reasonably certain that episode 6 is as far as I ever got into the show. I know that killing a large swathe of your cast in the space of an episode isn't unheard of, but maybe this was the first time I'd encountered that? It's a particularly oppressive run of send offs, given that Hoody chooses death by cop, Quinn dies from her gunshot wounds and the other survivors from the camp straight up succumb to malnutrition.

I do like the cold war allegory that's creeping into the show now though.

Assassins Pride ep 3
Showing some resourcefulness and a big reveal.
_20191024_191059.JPG
😏😮
_20191024_191036.JPG

No Guns Life ep 3
Message received.

Stars Align ep 3
Temper temper. That's one hell of a backstory for Itsuki!

Jin Roh

Although I did enjoy and thought the finale was tremendous I feel like the pace could have been hastened a bit. The first hour was slow! Having said that the story was really interesting and animation was very good and highly detailed!

Assassins Pride episode 3 Meddle.

No Guns Life episode 3 Basket case.

The Invisible Man (Film)

March comes in like a Lion (Rewatch)
episodes 4-7

Shomin Sample (English Dub) Episode 1-9 (Blu-ray)

Assassins Pride Episode 3
Poor choice of words, Festival time and a reveal.

Azur Lane Episode 4
Infiltration and secret plans.

High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World Episode 4
Rescue mission and a potential worse case scenario.

No Guns Life Episode 3
Getting the message's point across.

The Idolm@ster episodes 20-25 [End]
I never expected this show to get that heavy towards the end. The shift in tone from episodic fun idol shenanigans to more emotional character driven arcs is so good and with a payoff this great I'm surprised this is from the same guy who directed Darling in the Franxx. This show could easily pass as a late Gainax series as director Atsushi Nishigori and animator Megumi Kouno were key employees before going freelance. Kouno's experience also allowed for 2D dance scenes which is a great change from the usual CG scenes you'd expect from a series like Love Live. The character acting and designs are also really good. Easy 10/10

Just have the OVAs and movie before I move on to Cinderella Girls.

Laid-Back Camp [Rewatch] episode 4

Azur Lane (English Dub) Episode 2

Dr. STONE (English Dub) Episode 15

Shomin Sample (English Dub) Episode 10-12 (Blu-ray) (Complete)

Dr. STONE Episode 17
Story time part 2 and some major reveals.

Fire Force Episode 14
A captain's resolve, A hero's determination.

Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 4

Stars Align episode 3

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun episodes 1-3
This show won me over so easily. Really good comedy with fun characters. The OP is an absolute bop.

Dr Stone episode 17
Easily one of the best episodes so far.

Null & Peta episode 4

Flip Flappers [Rewatch] episode 4

Girls Frontline Chibi Theatre [Japanese Dub] episode 4

The Idolm@ster OVA
More of an idol shenanigans type of episode. Still great fun as it's more of a collection of stories. Takane's scenes were hilarious as usual. 9/10

Dr. STONE episode 17 Castaways and descendants.

Fire Force episode 14 Pulling punches.

Food Wars! The Fourth Plate episode 3 Wearing down.

Null Peta episode 4 Space oddity.

Outburst Dreamer Boys episode 4 English-speaking enigma.

True Cooking Master Boy episode 3 Deceitful delights.

Child’s Play (Film)

Bojack Horseman Season 6 Part 1
episodes 1-5

March comes in like a Lion (Rewatch) episodes 8-14

Last edited:
Dr Stone episode 17
Null & Peta episode 4

Still not started Psycho Pass or Blade of the Immortal over on Amazon so I might give them a go tonight.

Code Geass I Initation (Rewatch) - As I paid £20 I had better watch it it’s meh still meh the changes don’t add much the new scenes look different so stick out yet not the level of Eureka Seven as apparently the next one is worse bring it on in a few weeks.

Back