Your viewing journal

Sarazanmai episode 4 “How are you so bad at eating soba?”

Blade of the Immortal episodes 5-13 (Complete. A decent though unremarkable adaptation of the manga that covers the first five-ish volumes of the story. Unfortunately the story just sort of ends becoming yet another series that never received a second season. It did get me to seek out the manga and finally watch the Takashi Miike film at least.) 3/5

Blade of the Immortal (Film) Takashi Miike’s 100th film and a very good one at that. The film covers the manga loosely but allows for some brutal violence and character development in the process. Takuya Kimura and Hana Sugisaki work off each other well as Manji and Rin. As director, Miike is on fine form here too, and I always love seeing how far his work has come from the earlier efforts that Arrow Video have released. 4/5

Last edited:
Fight League: Gear Gadget Generators Episode 12
Two big secrets are revealed.

Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 5

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? Episode 4 (Uncensored)

Why the Hell Are You Here, Sensei ep 4
Fun 😏 at the beach and finally an intro to one of the other senseis from the OP.

YU-NO ep 5
There's something about Ayumi looking a lot like the teacher from K-On that made the events worse (it also prevents me from taking her seriously as a director/scientist though). The one thing that didn't make sense was the fact that he took physical evidence from the future and magically had it on him when he went back into his old self!
EDIT: Apparently that's canon, I just forgot!

Midnight Occult Civil Servants ep 4
Let's get this party started!

Attack on Titan s3 p2 e1
Pretty good start to the season, hope next week is going to be as epic as it setting up to be.
How long should we avoid the OP, a few episodes or the whole season?

One Punch Man s2 e4

YU-NO ep 5
There's something about Ayumi looking a lot like the teacher from K-On that made the events worse (it also prevents me from taking her seriously as a director/scientist though). The one thing that didn't make sense was the fact that he took physical evidence from the future and magically had it on him when he went back into his old self!
EDIT: Apparently that's canon, I just forgot!

Haha, Snap! I really felt the influence on Steins Gate this episode too. We even had an oopa pop up!

dNGRDhih.png

Wise Man's Grandchild (Japanese audio) - Episode 4

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress [Rewatch] episodes 7-12 [End] - It was nice to return to one of the series that got me into anime. Though the story may falter towards the end with some plot points being left unanswered resulting in a rather confusing finale I still enjoyed the series. In terms of art production this is definitely a standout show from the current decade featuring Haruhiko Mikimoto's (SDF Macross) classic character designs and Studio Wit's first use of their makeup team allowing for some especially beautiful character shots. The series also my favourite soundtrack from Hiroyuki Sawano fitting the theme and style of the series. So overall while the story may be weak towards the end pretty much every other aspect saved it from being a total trainwreck and established it as an odd favourite of mine. 8/10

Looking forward to watching the sequel movie. Could clear up some questions from that finale.

Ao-Chan Can’t Study! episode 5 This episode sort of reminded me of B Gata H Kei.

Fruits Basket (2019) episode 5 I want to go home.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu episode 5 A convincing imouto?

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 28.5 A recap episode that breakdown breakdown’s the events thus far.

Senryu Girl episode 5 Funky haircuts and fortunes.

Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan episodes 1-4 & Bludgeoning Angel Dokuro-Chan 2 episodes 1-2 (Complete. An OVA series that deals with bizarre scenarios relating to an angel with a violent tendency to obliterate the head and/or torso of her long-suffering host Sakura. It’s repetitive in nature but at only six full-length episodes doesn’t outstay it’s welcome, though it wasn’t anything special.) 3/5, 3/5

John Wick 2 (Film) A great action thriller sequel that delivers on what the first film did well and then some. I may go and see the third film in cinemas when it releases later this month. 4/5

Mobile Fighter G Gundam- episodes 5-10 Some backstory and Stereotypes.
Quite enjoying the series and it's energy.

Fruits Basket(2019)- episode 5- Sweet.

The Promised Neverland episodes 1-2

Fruits Basket (2019) (English Dub) Episode 5
A real place to truly call Home.

Ao-chan Can't Study Episode 5
This almost felt like a crossover between BGHK and Bunny Girl Senpai.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu Episode 5
OMG, these girls are just to ridiculous. Aru and Nako are amazing as ever.

Senryu Girl Episode 5
Fortune telling, crazy hairstyles and a rather "suggestive" hand note. That billiards explanation tho...

The Helpful Fox Senko-san ep 4
Kawaii Oba-chan.

Fruits Basket (2019) ep 5
That turn around seemed even quicker than the original, but it felt more emotional.
Hat-kun made another appearance, I'm betting that the owner turns out to be a Soma.

Ao-chan ep 5
That was a very funny episode. Loved the English gag.

Aru's School Road Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu ep 5
That tennis match was hilarious.
Is there another Japanese word play with the name Mieru?

RobiHachi ep 3
Another PR job for the boys. Wonder if that's going to be the pattern for this show.

Karakuri Circus eps 26-28
The rescue attempt continues.

Fairy Gone ep 3
That went a bit sideways. The action was pretty good again.

Joshi Kausei ep 5

Nobunaga-sensei ep 5
Ah the old legal loli get out clause! So she was 29 when she died, but they decided to de-age her body when she came back, why not just make her a pettanko instead. Sensei does seem to be a lolicon though!

Fruits Basket episode 5
Hitoribocchi episode 5
Ao-chan Can't Study episode 5
Senryu Girl episode 5
INGRESS episodes 1-5
My main gripe with Ingress is the fact you can't shake the feeling that its based on a smartphone game which isn't helped by the fact that they play the game in the anime. Cinderella Nine is based on one but you don't think it while you're watching it.

Back