Your viewing journal

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 91 Overall this arc was decent but could have used some tightening. At least Mitsuki got some development and there was some consequence here, unlike that awful Cho-Cho arc.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno episode 4 A waste of a good robot and a pair of tights.

Mysteria Friends episode 2 Decent stuff once again. I think the 15 minute run time helps to keep the pace flowing.

The Magnificent Kotobuki episode 3 This is pretty fun, in a very average kind of way, but enough to keep watching for now.

Grimgar: Ashes and Illusions episodes 10-12 (Complete. A pleasant excursion into an often beautiful fantasy world with a solid cast of characters and further potential for future seasons down the line. Shame it’ll likely never get any.) 3.5/5

Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (OVA) Quite a fun precursor for the rest of the franchise, I wish they had made it into a proper handheld or console title. Wish it was a bit longer too. 4/5

<harmony/> (Film) A film that contains some intriguing ideas but feels a bit bogged down by drawn out monologues and often lacklustre animation. There’s some decent setup in the first hour only for it to fail to really deliver by the end. It’s a film with some very good elements that’s let down by flaws that cannot be overlooked-it’s fine but had potential to be much better. 3/5

Doctor Who: The Ice Warriors A Second Doctor story that introducing the titular villains and a slight variation on the “base under siege” archetype that was very common during the Troughton years. It’s very decent and the animated episodes help to fill in the gaps made by the BBC’s lack of foresight.

ActionFaust

Stand User
Mysteria Friends episode 2

Slow Start episode 1 - This was better than expected. The animation quality is great and as usual it's another fluffy Kirara series.

This Art Club Has a Problem! episode 1 - Eh it's alright but I'll give it the three episode rule for now.

Dragon Slayer

Dragon Knight
Megalo Box (English Dub) Episode 6

Circlet Princess Episode 3
The practice match begins.

Fairy Tail Episode 293
THIS..... IS..... EVERYONE'S..... BATTLE!

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno Episode 4
Just how much more random can this get.

Mysteria Friends Episode 2
Another decent episode. That molting scene tho...

The Magnificent Kotobuki Episode 3

thedoctor2016

Shinigami
I am surprised people seem warm to mysteria friends I think I hate it... it’s not even subtle in its Yuri tones And ofc a monster girl they have to molt... kinda hope as they removed the rage of Bahamut name it will give me a excuse to drop it if ep 3 is crap

DragoStark

Kiznaiver
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory Ep 5-13 (end)

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master (uncensored) Ep 1-6
Oof the animation took a hit didn't it

GitS S.A.C 1st GIG (dubbed) Ep 14-20

Dragon Slayer

Dragon Knight
Dororo Episode 4
That's war for you I'm afraid, it f*ck's you up in the head "BIG TIME".

Pastel Memories Episode 4

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 17
Another solid episode. The serious negotiation talks begin.

D1tchd1gger

Time-Traveller
Seiyu's Life eps 1-3 (sub)
I was thinking of watching Shirobako again, but then remembered I had this on my list. It's a bit more light-hearted and obviously focuses on a different aspect of the anime making process, but it's been quite fun and informative so far. I seem to remember Shirobako waited till the 15th episode to explain the jargon and I was a bit lost because of that (it was also the first thing I watched on Crunchyroll other than Bleach so I was a bit of a casual back then. It was also just before I came back here).
Anyway, seems tough being a newbie seiyu. You have to introduce yourself to everyone individually! It's a wonder you have a voice left to do the work after that!

Dororo ep 4
Some cool action, but not as interesting as the others episodes.

Kemono Friends s2 e3
A day at the ocean. A bit of intrigue was added at the end.

Mob Psycho 100 s2 e4
Has Mob met his match?

Asaid16

Completely Average High School Student
Dororo episode 4, this may be my favourite ongoing anime right now tbh

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken episode 17, ok episode but feel like the story is going too slow, nothing has been happening past 3 episodes, just character introductions and making alliances.

Mob Psycho 100 S2 episode 4, the best episode so far, manga readers seem to be hyping up this new villain guy so hope next episode turns out great.

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Dororo episode 4 Sword possession. Really liking this series so far, may end up as my AOTS if it maintains this quality.

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 4 A reminder to never challenge Reigen to Rock-Paper-Scissors.

High School DxD episodes 1-12 (Complete. A fun fan-service laden romp with some neat action scenes and a semi-interesting plot and lore that manages to make the series more than just mindless boobage.

The ending episodes weren’t great though, as they used the “forced marriage” cliche that I find is just a cheap plot device for drama in any series it appears in. Because of this, the season went from good to just fine for me. Ah well hopefully DxD: New won’t repeat the same mistake.) 3/5

High School DxD: New episodes 13-15

ActionFaust

Stand User
Mob Psycho 100 II episode 4

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 17

This Art Club Has a Problem! episodes 2-3 (Dropped) - Yeah I'm really not digging this series. It's alright but it just doesn't grab my attention. Hopefully the RNG's next choice is better.

Adam-M

Stand User
Endro episode 3
Mysteria Friends episode 2
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 17

but it's been quite fun and informative so far.
My favourite bit about Seiyuu's Life was the ED - where every episode they sing a different anime theme. Like Evangelion or Nadesico.

Asaid16

Completely Average High School Student
Psycho Pass episode 17,

Thought episode 16 was the best episode so far, and then this manages to top it imo.

Magica Girl Spec Ops Asuka episode 1

Decided to try it out and surprisingly enjoyed it.

Kill la Kill episode 1

Heard this anime was crazy, and it sure is lmao. tbh not a big fan of Trigger personally, didnt think TTGL or Gridman were that great, but I think I'll enjoy this one.

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu episode 1,
wasnt expecting it to be an hour long episode but im liking it so far.

Reactions: HWR

Morcombe

Student Council President
My Viewing schedule for the week of 21st January - 27th January 2019

Week 6 of my official uk anime release marathon.

20190128_201553.jpg

Naruto Episodes 53-78
The Chuunin Exam Finals and Orochimaru's Invasion are in this set and both are great arcs.
Naruto's training begins under Jiraiya and we see the beginning of his real growth, Jiraiya and Gamabunta are great additions to the supporting charcters of the series. The relationship between Orochimaru and the hokage is nicely developed in a short amount of time. overall its just a fun set of episodes with plenty too enjoy.

I know the series is 20 years old but i'll say SPOILERS here just in case lol

however i also look at this serie sin hindsight too and there's a pretty big disappointment in this set because of later story events. This being of course the Naruto vs. Neji fight where Naruto whole deal is too prove to Neji that hard work overcomes fate and destiny and that you create your ownd estiny. this was a brilliant message at the time but of course its thrown away later in the series when Naruto is revealed to be the child of prophecy and destine dto do all of this anyway since he;s the descendent of teh sage of six paths. it kills this whole fight unfortunately.

Something i just noticed on this viewing. Where does Asuma go after he saves Shikamaru during the Gaara chase? He knows what kind of threat Gaara is but he doenst continue to chase after Naruto and co after saving Shikamaru. I know its to give us Gaara vs. Naruto but at least write something to keep him occupied lol

D1tchd1gger

Time-Traveller
Seiyu's Life eps 4-8
These episodes moved on from working on an anime to cover all sorts of different types of dubbing.

WATATEN! ep 4
Pool fun and a festival.

Ekoda-chan ep 4
Probably my favourite art wise. Thematically a bit too similar to the second one. I wonder if the directors were told what the others were doing.

Last edited: