Your viewing journal

A Certain Magical Index ep 19
I'm... still a week behind this. Huh. I feel like the first half of the episode may be slightly better explained in the LN. The second half was good though. Accelerator has genuinely become an interesting character. Also the OP and ED have grown on me a little. The ED still doesn't match up to Kakumei Zenya, but the OP at least is solid.

Kaguya-sama ep 6
Pretty much a week behind on this as well. Oh well. This might be the best episode so far. I do feel it's best when there are side characters involved, Ishigami reinforces this.
Screen Shot 02-22-19 at 08.00 PM.PNG

Run with the Wind ep 18
The first half of this episode felt like they glossed over an awful lot in a short time. Which wasn't bad, but left me thinking eh, connecting episode. Then the second half, damn that was good. AND THAT CLIFFHANGER. HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO OUR BOYS. Can't wait for next week's ep now.

That Time I Reincarnated as a Slime ep 20
Yeahh... connecting episode. Not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but didn't really do much.
Screen Shot 02-22-19 at 08.52 PM 001.PNG
Also, one thing I can't help but notice EVERY week when watching this show's OP is when the 3 adventurers are eating. LOOK AT HOW HAPPY SHE IS.
Screen Shot 02-22-19 at 08.52 PM.PNG

A Certain Magical Index III episode 20 Things just keep ramping up.

Boogiepop and Others episode 9 The titular Boogiepop gets more screen time than usual.

Date A Live III episode 7 Muh suicidal plan and an interesting return.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 20 Another stomach burst whilst waking up feeling so horny.

Retaliation (Film) Another solid Yakuza film from director Yasuharu Hasebe. It reminded me in areas of Seijun Suzuki’s work, which makes sense since Hasebe worked with him as an apprentice director. 3.5/5

Mona Lisa (Film) A cracking neo-crime drama starring Bob Hoskins and Cathy Tyson alongside Robbie Coltrane and Michael Caine. Hoskins is a gem to watch, and the rest of the cast are brilliant too. Seeing the two leads develop their relationship throughout the course of the film up until the bitter end was intriguing and compelling.

Director Neil Jordan also does a fine job, combining the brilliant cast with a dark storyline with plenty of retro shots of central London. Top that off with Caine playing a slimy and conniving villain and a bittersweet ending and this was probably one of the best films I’ve seen in a long time. 5/5

The Promised Neverland Episode 7
Choose your fate...
1. Escape and try to survive.
2. Become the next Mom/Sister.
3. Die and become food.
Choose fate. Choose to be dinner. Choose a life of hardship. Choose to spend your days on a people farm and pretend everything's okay. Choose your future. But why would I want to do a thing like that?
Norman.(Yakusoku.no.Neverland).full.2456123.png
I chose not to choose fate. I chose something else.

Date A Live III (English Dub) Episode 5

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (English Dub) Episode 5

The Quintessential Quintuplets (English Dub) Episode 4

A Certain Magical Index III Episode 20
A solid episode. Looks like things are about to get even more intense.

Boogiepop and Others Episode 9
A decent episode but still a little confusing.

Date A Live III Episode 7

Domestic Girlfriend Episode 7
Poor Natsuo, not only does he get rejected but after seeing "THAT" you just can't help but feel sorry for the guy.

Fight League: Gear Gadget Generators Episode 1—2
Interesting start. Not bad for a 10 minute short.

Kakegurui×× Episode 7
Well this unusual gamble just got a whole lot more interesting.

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka Episode 7
Looks like its about to get even more serious.

The Price of Smiles Episode 8

After the Rain, episodes 10-12 (end)
Untitled-7.jpgUntitled-8.jpgUntitled-9.jpgUntitled-10.jpg
Kondo continues to break my heart. I like that it left things so that I could continue to root for Akira and Kondo, not just together but as individuals in their own quests to live deliberately. In the end both characters had a massively positive influence by each helping the other to rediscover their purpose (pro-actively by believing in each other and passively by simply seeing themselves in each other) and if that isn't the foundations of some of the best relationships, I don't know what is.

My only slight reservation was that I was a little concerned towards the end that both Kondo and especially Haruka were being a bit presumptuous about what Akira wanted - In the end it was okay because they were right, but neither of them actually knew that for certain and if Akira hadn't wanted to go back to running, actually that would have been okay too. There was never any real doubt that deep down Kondo still wanted to write, but I never felt completely sold on the idea Akira still wanted to run. I feel that ever so slightly undermines some of the show's thinking about people growing and changing, but it's a fairly minor nitpick. Overall it's a beautiful show in every sense of the word that I hope someone picks up for physical distribution, because I would buy it in a heartbeat.

The ideas and feelings stirred up by After the Rain are likely to resonate with just about anyone, but it might really hit hard for a single bibliophile the wrong side of 30 who once had dreams of writing and was quite well received when they did, but has all but stopped reading let alone writing. Someone who's pretty sure they accidentally spurned a brusque athletic girl as a teenager back when they believed they had a future that included other people and who ghosts all their old friends and can't face talking to them ever again. Ah, it looks like it's beginning to rain.

Oh, and "I didn't need business manuals, all I needed was a hamster!" is probably up there with the best out of context quotes.

Last edited:
Girly Air Force ep 7
Hints of possibly more Anima than the 3 we've met so far.

Hinomaru Sumo ep 19
Next 2 bouts of the nationals semi-final. I guess somewhat predictable that the match would come down to the final bout with Hinamaru fighting to send them through.

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 7
The midterms are here. Seems they're all aboard finally. Quite amusing joke about halfway through, but saw it coming a mile away.

The Promised Neverland ep 7
More cat and mouse.

Domestic Girlfriend ep 7
Sensei spells it out for Natsuo, after telling him a little bit about her past. Stepped up to the trashy line again, actually a couple of times in this episode.

Boogiepop and Others ep 9
The end of the Imaginator arc. Bit of a lame ending really.

Last edited:
I have a lot of time for that film - Bob Hoskins got so associated with those ruddy BT adverts latterly that you forget what a brilliant actor he was. Would highly recommend The Long Good Friday as well, if you haven't already seen it.
Oh I’ve seen that as well, the ending is iconic. I have them both in a box set courtesy of Arrow Video.

Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka ep 7
Seems like the threat level has been raised. Next episode seems to be a bit raunchy though.

The Magnificent KOTOBUKI eps 5-6
I haven't a clue what was happening in 5. Too many characters talking too quickly and with long sentences makes the text too hard to follow. The second half was easier though with the flying/combat.
6 was nice following only one character and her backstory. They should have done this earlier as there's 6 main crew and they were all introduced at once and thus I'm still not sure who is who half the time!

SAO: Alicization eps 18.5 & 19
The recap was fine apart from missing out the real world stuff and showing most of that scene again!
19 showed the power of love and the power of seduction.

Katana Maidens ~ Mini Toji ep 7
The power of natto and tofu?

Endro~! Ep 7
Getting to know you.

Banana Fish (Japanese audio) - Episodes 14-19
Boogiepop and Others (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-9
SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI MASTER (Japanese audio) - Uncensored Episodes 1-2
Sword Art Online -Alicization- (Japanese audio) - Episode 19

D0HpWJkWkAANBWo

smug_1.PNG

Making an attempt to catch up once again. Banana Fish I decided to focus on first from the previous seasons since I'm quite invested in the story, characters and the OP/ED songs. There's about five episodes left so I'll likely finish it before the weekend ends.

Boogiepop and Others I intentionally held off until now due to the pacing and watching all of the VS Imaginator arc episodes in one sitting does help quite a bit. I don't know when I'll watch the next arc which was just added today.

I also started Senran Kagura Shinovi Master, was going to start more shows but Crunchyroll kept crashing.

Current status of the streaming backlog:

Summer to Autumn 2018:
Banana Fish - 19 of 24

Autumn 2018:
Goblin Slayer - Completed
Golden Kamuy (Season 2) - Not Yet Started
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai - Not Yet Started
Senran Kagura Shinovi Master - 2 of 12
SSSS.GRIDMAN - Not Yet Started
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA - 3 of 12

Autumn to Winter 2019:
Sword Art Online: Alicization (Season 1) - 19 of 24 [UTD]
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - 4 of 25

Autumn to Spring 2019:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 20 of 39 [UTD]

Winter 2019:
Boogiepop & Others - 9 of 18
Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Not Yet Started
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka - 6 of 12
Mob Psycho 100 II - 7 of 13 [UTD]
The Promised Neverland - 7 of 12 [UTD]
The Quintessential Quintuplets - 7 of 12 [UTD]

Winter to Spring 2019:
Dororo - 7 of 24 [UTD]
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 7 of 25 [UTD]

Bermuda Triangle: Colourful Pastrale episode 7 A snooty idol learns a lesson.

Boogiepop and Others episodes 10-13 A very decent arc.

ENDRO! episode 7 The princess has some fun.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 297 Felt like a bit of repeat this week tbh.

Grimms Notes: The Animation episode 7 Backstabbing (back spelling?) and another happy ending.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 7 A humorous duo of stories this week.

Radiant episode 21 (Complete. A series which had potential but unfortunately had it weighed down by pointless filler and less meaningful characterisation than the manga.

When the series was good it was very enjoyable, but the studio who animated it just made numerous decisions which left it lacking in places. It is getting a second season though, so hopefully it can improve upon the flaws this season had.) 3/5

The ‘Burbs (Film) This was a lot of fun. Joe Dante is a very talented director and he really makes the most of a great cast, which included Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern and Corey Feldman. I could listen to Hanks make angry speeches all day. 4/5

Endro! (English Dub) Episode 4

Radiant (English Dub) Episode 17

Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 7
A lesson for a snooty Idol.

Endro! Episode 7
Spending time together and getting to know you better.

Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 7
A misunderstood betrayal and another happily ever after.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War Episode 7
Another round relationship advise. Some well deserved punishment for Ishigami. Bruh that final segment tho... ROLF. 😂😂😂

Katana Maidens: Mini Toji Episode 7

Radiant Episode 21 (Complete)
As one adventure ends a new adventure begins.

A series that has plenty of potential but unfortunately got itself dragged down by unnecessary filler and characterisation of less important characters. Hopefully with the announced second season it will correct the mistakes that this season made and improve upon them. 3/5

Sword Art Online Alicization Episode 19
The bonds between family members can never be broken. The seduction of a woman can be scary at times.

W'z Episode 8

The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 7
I loved this ep, it was one of my favourite sections of the manga so far and they adapted it well.

SAO: Alicization ep 19
I'm kinda impressed by how well the art communicated the idea that Administrator is meant to be an unearthly beauty. I mean, you rarely see anime characters intentionally designed to look ugly so by default they all end up being "attractive". Despite that, I feel like they made her stand out. Although that might just be because having read the LNs I was already expecting it and it clouded my perspective... Also, as much as I complain about how SAO ruins all it's heroines by having them immediately mellow upon falling for Kirito, I did appreciate Alice's badassness here. Even if her motivations and alignment changed far too easily.

Shield Hero ep 7
Ah yes, the beginning of the "Cleaning up after the other Heroes" sections. They should be decent enough. Also I'm pretty sure the second half was a side story that I didn't bother to read at the end of one of the volumes... ehh, kinda cute I guess.

Date A Live ep 7
Holy animation quality drop batman. Not that it was particularly high before. Pity because this is a darn good arc. Yay Kurumi!

The fact I prioritized watching these 4 shows when I have like every show this week to watch, despite having read the source material for all 4 of them shows how excellent my taste is, right? :p

Banana Fish (Japanese audio) - Episodes 20-22
Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-2

2019-02-24-6.png

2019-02-24.png

2019-02-24-25.png

2019-02-24-11.png

2019-02-24-44.png

2019-02-24-29.png

2019-02-24-55.png

2019-02-24-57.png

2019-02-24-56.png

2019-02-24-62.png