Your viewing journal

Megalo Box (English Dub) Episode 9

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 3

Boogiepop and Others Episode 10-13
This was definitely a decent and very intriguing arc.

Fairy Tail Episode 297

gen:LOCK Episode 6
Another solid episode.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno Episode 8
More classroom shenanigans.

Mysteria Friends Episode 6
Beach side fun.
image.jpg

The Magnificent Kotobuki Episode 7
KABOOOM!

A Certain Magical Index ep 20
Now this was a good ep. Really nice to see Accelerator vs. Touma round 2, as I always felt that just sorta... ended inconclusively previously. Sure, Touma won, but neither side really seemed to get anything out of it somehow. Also, Misaka's getting back in the action!
Screen Shot 02-24-19 at 04.39 PM.PNG

Wataten ep 7
Not a great ep. The first section was pretty cute, but the second section was... yeah. Third section was a bit meh too. On the plus side, I do quite like Miyako and Hinata's mum.
...that sounded weird.
Screen Shot 02-24-19 at 05.07 PM.PNG

Kemurikusa ep 7
Another good episode. Nice use of the OST, and the mystery is beginning to unfold. I am kinda wondering when bad things are going to start happening. I'm expecting Ritsu not to last the series if nothing else, and wouldn't be surprised if it was only Rin and Wakaba at the end.

Girly Air Force ep 7
They kinda managed to drag this episode out didn't they? It didn't occur to me until I thought back on it, as my initial impression was quite positive. But just now I realised how little actually happened. I am curious about that extra Daughter though, as she isn't in the OP/ED. I hope it wasn't just a throwaway scene. Also, Minghua will be finding out the nature of Kei's job next week methinks...

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep 20
Well, that was an ep! Much better than the last couple. Really curious to see where it goes from here, because it feels like the story's over but there's still like half the episodes left...

Spec-Ops Asuka ep 7
Bit of a bridging ep, this one. Again. It introduced Tamara at least. And by the looks of the PV, next ep'll be bridging too. Sigh...Was the photo at the end the last of the Magical 5? The hair and expression were quite different, but I can't think of any other likely candidates.

Endro ep 7
Screen Shot 02-24-19 at 09.29 PM.PNG

Bermuda Triangle ep 7
Definitely episodic now. But not giving characters episodes in turn as I expected. Solid one, if nothing remarkable.

The Magnificent Kotobuki ep 7
Still really enjoying this. It's doing a pretty solid job of mixing the character arcs and backstory into the proper story too, which is always a plus. And it's nice that there haven't really been any throwaway characters - I expected the two survivors from that other Corps from the first episode to be completely forgotten, but they keep coming back in meaningful ways.

Manaria Friends ep 6
Why am I still watching this?

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 95
1551011912059.jpeg
Man have I missed Kakashi in this series.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno episode 8 Sleep talk and sister talk.

Mysteria Friends episode 6 Beach episode with some nice scenery and typical fanservice.

The Magnificent Kotobuki episode 7 A challenging dogfight.

The Founder (Film) The story of how McDonald’s went from a small chain of restaurants to the fast food giant it is today. Michael Keaton puts in a seminal performance as Ray Kroc, and the supporting cast are very good as well.

It’s a film that doesn’t necessarily glorify the rise of McDonald’s as it acts as a sort of dark advertisement, showcasing Kroc’s relationship with the McDonald’s brothers and the problems it had throughout. It was an overall engaging watch, though I’m not sure how much rewatchability it has. 4/5

Spotlight (Film) More Michael Keaton, though this time as part of an ensemble. A very effective thriller drama about the journalists working for the Boston Globe who exposed historic child molestation crimes by Roman Catholic Priests. It’s effective in how smoothly the film flows throughout, and the cast are on top form. This was well deserving of a best picture award. 4/5

Bruno’s Bizarre Adventure: ep19-20

The battle with Vanilla Ice was pretty great, but what the heck ever happened to Jotaro and Koichi? I distinctly remember something about them shadowing Giorno, about a thousand years ago...

Drawer Hobs (Japanese audio) - Film
Kick Heart (Japanese audio) - Film
Li'l Spider Girl (Japanese audio) - Film
Oval x Over (Japanese audio) - Film
Pigtails (Japanese audio) - Film

Karakuri Circus ep 18
The second backstory arc concludes, I guess? There's a question raised by what happens so there might be more at some point.

Dororo ep 8
Having to use a different tactic.

The Magnificent KOTOBUKI ep 7
Seems like the foe in the episode is the same as one they have faced previously and seem to be, possibly, the main protagonists.

Ueno-san ep 8
Strange pills and lollipops.

Kemono Friends s2 e7
The great race.

Mob Psycho 100 s2 e8
Run Mob run. And finally the bad guys show up! Although it doesn't seem to have been a good thing for Mobs family! As good as this season has been I thought after the last shot of last season they would have shown up earlier than this, although it was about the same episode when they turned up in season 1.

Food Wars! The Third Plate Ep 14-20
I forgot how good the food looks in this show. I can watch it even after I've just eaten and it still manages to make me hungry as hell, craving the kind of food I don't have in the house haha.
(I would have watched more but crunchy died AGAIN)

Mysteria Friends Ep 4-6
Just gals being pals.

Dororo episode 8 Another person saved.

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 8 Feeling all Talking Heads with that ending.

Five Element Ninjas (Film) A decent ninja movie with some nice sets and action. Not much to say, it does it’s job efficiently. 3/5

House of Traps (Film) A film in a similar to vein to FEN but with less drawn out fights and more traps. Another fun watch. 3/5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 18

Circlet Princess Episode 6
Earning some extra cash for a new weapon.

Dororo Episode 8
That's a big bug. Another potential victim rescued from the jaws of death.

Pastel Memories Episode 8
Let's settle this with a "Shokugeki".

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Episode 21
Getting to know and assessing your students.

Mob Psycho 100 II Ep8

Well, that escalated quickly.

Rinshii! Ekoda-chan ep1-2

Kind of a neat little 4-koma adaptation about a single temp worker telling you about her crap jobs and crap boyfriends - rather reminiscent of Wakako-zake or even Galko-chan, albeit in a more cynical fashion. It's not a title I'd heard of before, but it must be a big thing in Japan - there's a 20 minute making-of segment following each episode! This isn't uninteresting, as the gimmick here is that each episode has a different director and a different VA voicing Ekoda, but it does seem a bit excessive, given the short running time of the actual anime.

That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime ep 21
They're cutting out a lot of the details from this arc... not that it was an outstanding arc to begin with to be honest. Comfortable might be the best way to describe it. And quite short.

Back