Your viewing journal

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 283

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 7

Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! Episode 9
Tracking down the final maiden.

Jingai-san no Yome Episode 10

Ace Attorney 2nd Season (Dub) episode 30 Some flashbacks and backstory material this week.

Black Clover episode 61 How to save a life.

Jingai-San no Yome episode 10 Still haven’t a clue what I’m watching but it’s two minutes each week so hey ho.

Run with the Wind episode 10 Training and some terrible cooking.

Tokyo Ghoul: re 2nd Season episode 9 Another solid episode. I swear this series wants to be as inconsistent as possible, going from bad episode to decent episode on a whim. Unlike last week it follows the manga almost to a tee, albeit trimming some bits here and there to fit the AO continuity.

Scenes like Kanou’s death felt utterly meaningless because he’s barely in the anime but I didn’t mind how they handled Hide’s return, it was fairly understated in the manga too. The scene with Itori and Shu’s outburst was good as well, they actually did it justice (boring animation and facial expressions aside.) The ghouls confronting the CCG was also solid, if downscaled because Pierrot are shite.

At this stage the anime is adapting an arc that a fair few manga readers didn’t care for but I still quite liked. Maybe the haphazard pacing of the anime will fit how the manga felt somewhat rushed towards the end. Maybe.

Naruto Shippuden (Partial Seasonal Rewatch) episodes 72-88

Kino's Journey (2003) (Sub) - Episodes 8-13{COMPLETE)- Really impressed with this short but nice series,it certainly is different and it certainly makes you think on people and the world. I also found it had a certain amount of charm. 9/10

Run with the Wind- Characters bonding and character development.Brilliant episode and hilarious in partsThe guys not being able to cook and their reaction to Hana's cooking was hilarious and em all waiting/lying half dead outside the bathroom was hilarious..

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime(Sub) -episode 10 -Great as usual.

Dirty Pair ep17-18

17 was a very interesting one, combining a whodunit with a disaster movie, and also skewing noticably darker than the series usually does. Unfortunately, they gloss over (and even somewhat forgive) what would now be considered an apparent attempt at sexual assault, which rather dragged the whole thing down for me. It's possibly not as dramatic as that sounds, but this is the first time I've seen something in the show I thought really betrayed its age.

18 was a laugh though, a very clear homage to Clint Eastwood thriller The Gauntlet.

On an unrelated note, for all the many times I've seen it, this is the first I've noticed that, during the sparring sequence in the OP, when Yuri throws a roundhouse kick, Kei gets a fright and has to duck out of the way. It's not a big deal, but I think the fact that you can keep coming back to the show and seeing little things that you missed before, is a big part of its enduring appeal.

Q5X5zF9.jpg

Ms. Vampire ep 9
Cultural festival and a trip to the onsen. Also a vampire hunter shows up.

Hinamaru Sumo ep 9
The final bout to decide which team progress to the nationals is an epic one.

Goblin Slayer ep 9
Another battle with goblins which seemed fairly short and a conversation that was a little confusing, but I think I got the jist of it.

Honda-san ep 9
OOS! And more meta jokes.

SAO: Alicization ep 9
Stay Cool

Glad you did, I sure didn't 😛
To be fair I read some comments on the MAL thread that helped.
Basically the Sword Maiden set it all up to show people how bad goblins are after her own trauma, but she also set up some safety systems like the alligator to keep the goblins from getting too out of hand.
The bit about her being saved by GS, I think, is about having someone to confide in and understand her trauma, but GS has his own trauma he hasn't dealt with fully so can't be that person.

To be fair I read some comments on the MAL thread that helped.
Basically the Sword Maiden set it all up to show people how bad goblins are after her own trauma, but she also set up some safety systems like the alligator to keep the goblins from getting too out of hand.
The bit about her being saved by GS, I think, is about having someone to confide in and understand her trauma, but GS has his own trauma he hasn't dealt with fully so can't be that person.

Ah, that makes a bit more sense. Thanks :)

Boruto- episodes 70-74 Getting into Mitsuki now.Quite interesting.

Gundam 00 Season 1(Subbed) - episodes 17-25(COMPLETE)Really liked it,good series,looking forward to watching Season 2 next. 8/10

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Golden Wind-episode 9

Honda-san- episode 9 Funny as usual.

Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Dub) episode 18 A well-told and poignant flashback.

Rascal does not dream of Bunny Girl Senpai episode 10 Oof the sound that was made with the body swap. I did think that Sakuta getting slapped was unnecessary though, he didn’t even do anything to deserve it.

Naruto Shippuden (Partial Seasonal Rewatch) episodes 113-114, 119-143 Some decent fights and story here, though I did skip/skim through a majority of the Itachi Pursuit Mission Arc since I don’t care for most of the Sasuke-centric material, nor his posse.

I also really like the Jiraya arc here, especially his farewell to Tsunade. The fated battle between brothers was fun to revisit also.

My Hero Academia: Two Heroes - Not really a film to be taken seriously but damn it sure is fun. 8/10

Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san episode 9

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO Episode 23

Anima Yell! episode 9

A Certain Magical Index III (English Dub) Episode 7

Tada Never Falls in Love (English Dub) Episode 10

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club (English Dub) Episode 3

As Miss Beelzebub Likes Episode 9
More Demon SoL adorableness.

Between the Sky and Sea Episode 10
The truth from six years ago is finally revealed.

My Sister、My Writer Episode 8
A slight improvement of sorts...well sort of. Those cliches, so cliche.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai Episode 10
That noise when they swapped bodies. Sakuta getting slapped though was really uncalled for.

ZOMBIE LAND SAGA ep 10
The preview last week suggested that we might learn a bit about Yuugiri, but it was more Sakura centric.
It also saw the return of the true legend of the show Truck-kun, although it was a lot more obvious this time.

Tsurune ep 7
That was an intense reunion. Those twins need a good slap.

Tokyo Ghoul:re s2 e9

Golden Kamuy s2 e9
Onsen Time. My that's a lot of naked male flesh!
Quite a tense episode with the tactic used by the enemy who attacked the group. Reminded me of the clickers from The Last of Us!
The couple of scenes at the end seemed out of place with the rest of the episode though.

Bunny-Girl Senpai ep 10
So Nodoka realises that Mai likes her (I feel a whole lot of drama could have been avoided on this part by opening the letters earlier) and that she doesn't have to be exactly like her (I guess the body swap was necessary for this bit for her to discover how hard Mai works).

Back