Your viewing journal

Banana Fish ep 19
This does seem to be dragging a bit, but Eiji is starting to come into his own.

Boarding School Juliet ep 7
The sports festival concludes with the White Cats winning by a breast!
Inuzuka then suffers from the trope of "having a fever".
Thanos' snap reaches the anime world:
DSC_1778.JPG

Karakuri Circus ep 6
We catch up with a character and it takes a darker turn. The 2 plot strands of the silly/weird syndrome Narumi suffered from and the automata bad guys get woven together.
Apparently it's skipped something like 6 volumes!

IRODUKU ep 7
Club camp! Dealt with Kurumi and her fears of not knowing what she wants to do with her life.

Hakumei and Mikochi eps 11 & 12 (complete)
Going fishing via a train ride and going to see an old friend.
A nice comfy slice of life series that reminds a bit of Girls' Last Tour in that the main thrust is the relationship between the 2 MCs, but obviously the settings are vastly different which in HakuMico means more interaction with more and very different characters. The episodes are mostly different segments like GLT, but don't necessarily follow each other like GLT and again are very different due to the setting, mostly everyday stuff like doing a job or going on a trip or shopping.
The backgrounds are lovely and the character designs also remind me of GLT, but again setting difference means they are a lot more colourful. I also liked the soundtrack and the OP/ED songs.
8/10

Techno Police 21C (Blu-ray)

It's taken me a while to get round to watching this, Techno Police 21C is quite crude looking but I really enjoyed the story and you can see ideas in this that Toshimichi Suzuki would later use in Bubblegum Crisis.

Takunomi episodes 11-12 (Complete) - A simple premise done well. Characters were fun and the show was quite informative. Definitely one of the better short form series I've watched. 7/10

Re:Creators (Rewatch) episode 5

Bloom into You (English Dub) episode 3-4

Goblin Slayer episode 7

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 284 Backstory and flashback time.

Goblin Slayer episode 7 Those pesky goblins are at it again, and GS well, wins as usual, albeit with some major injury.

Radiant episode 7 Not terrible but this episode stunk of filler.

SSSS.Gridman episode 7 Yuta and Akane’s interactions were interesting. Beginning to wonder why Rikka is even in the series though outside of the amnesia plot point.

A Letter to Momo (Film) A decent if somewhat slow film that doesn’t really get going until around 45 minutes in. The rest is alright, but none of it evoked any reaction in me other than “this is good, not great but good” Some of the animation and scenery was quite nice to look at though, and the concept behind the film could work as a SoL kind of anime. 3.5/5

A Sister’s all you Need episodes 1-12 (Complete. Well this was an unexpectedly pleasant surprise. I had already heard that the series poked fun at the siscon stuff that get put out with some lewd humour and scenarios throughout but it’s also a SoL that explores LN writers dealing with the various issues they have to face in the process.

Though I didn’t care much for some of the more overt fan service and sexual humour, or the episodes where it was basically just the characters playing a game, but content like Haruto dealing with a poor anime adaptation and Itsuki feeling proud to reach his deadline were simple but welcome insights that I watch this genre for. I hear that the LN content beyond what got adapted here is good so hoping for another season.) 3.5/5

Barakamon (Rewatch) episodes 1-2

Last edited:
Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Youma Chapter- (English Dub) Episode 3 (Uncensored)

A Certain Magical Index III (Sub) Episode 7
That was quite the smackdown. Now there's a villain who can get the jone done.

Bloom Into You (Sub) Episode 7
This was quite a serious episode. We get to delve into Sayaka's backstory. That was quite the revelation, to think that Hakozaki-sensei was in that kind of relationship. Touko gets somewhat closer to Yuu.

Goblin Slayer (Sub) Episode 7
More of GS doing what he does best, despite taking a smackdown for the team.

Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur (Sub) Episode 4

Radiant (Sub) Episode 7
Not great, but not bad. It felt more along the lines of a side story/filler episode.

Release the Spyce (Sub) Episode 7
Goe kicks some serious butt and Aoba makes a surprising declaration.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Youma Chapter- (Sub) Episode 6 (Uncensored)

SSSS.Gridman (Sub) Episode 7
The interactions/conversation between Yuta and Akane was interesting. This has been bugging me but, why is Rikka even in this series? What role exactly does she actually play outside of the amnesia plot point.

Sword Art Online: Alicization (Sub) Episode 7

Late catch-up on some titles because I was watching Stranger on Netflix. Not anime but recommended all the same. Felt like Line of Duty if the protagonist was me :confused:
Bloom Into You Episode 7
Banana Fish Episode 19
Ms Vampire Episode 7
Goblin Slayer Episode 7
SSSS.Gridman Episode 7
Log Horizon Episodes 5-7
Watamote Episode 8

Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! (English Dub) Episode 4

Radiant (English Dub) Episode 4

SSSS.Gridman (English Dub) Episode 6

Anima Yell! (Sub) Episode 7
More comfy cheerleading SoL.

Fairy Tail (Sub) Episode 284
With a backstory like that, It's no wonder Zeref turned out the way he did.

Himote House (Sub) Episode 7
Another enjoyable episode. That was an interesting version of the "Game of Life". The final segment was pretty funny. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha themed ending this week.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-san (Sub) Episode 7
A rather laid-back episode this week imo. Poor Honda getting the short end the stick.

Tsurune: Kazemai High School Archery Club (Sub) Episode 5

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (Sub) Episode 7

Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san Episode 7
Himote House Episode 7
Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight Episodes 3 - 7
Sword Art Online: Alicization Episodes 4 - 7
UzaMaid! Episodes 1 - 7

/umiko

Anima Yell! episode 7 Was about time the fifth member showed their face properly.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 81 What a twist!

Double Decker! Doug & Kirill episode 9 Silly gadgets and a ridiculous rescue plan. This series always takes advantage of the cop show formula and makes it fun.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San episode 7 Huh so he’s actually a mangaka as well? That’s pretty cool.

Tsurune episode 5 A better group dynamic this week.

Barakamon (Rewatch) episodes 3-12 (Complete. Just as fun as my first viewing, plus now I’m caught up with manga I have a bigger liking for the characters and story. Another second season that should but likely won’t come.) 4/5

Encouragement of Climb Season 2 episodes 1-6

Ms. Vampire ep 7
Some summer activities are better suited for vampires than others.

Hinamaru Sumo ep 7
The prelim tournament starts. Epic fight at the end of the episode.

Goblin Slayer ep 7
Epic battle. At least the canary escaped any harm!

SAO: Alicization ep 7
Back to the digital world for a time skip. The guys seem to be doing OK for themselves, but Kirito gets himself into a spot of bother.

Ready Player One
Some pretty cool moments, my only gripe was that the Holy Hand Grenade didn't go "Hallelujah" before exploding, but that's a Worms reference rather than from the original Monty Python film.

Last edited:
Encouragement of Climb Season 2 episodes 7-24 (Complete. A decent season though at times it felt like the plot was dragging its feet, the moping episode in particular. Asides from that it was still entertaining, but with a misstep or two along the way.) 3.5/5

Encouragement of Climb: “Omoide Present” OVA A decent OVA that maintains the spirit of the series. 3.5/5

Gintama’ Season Five episodes 202-207

Last edited:
Back