Your viewing journal

Black Clover episode 54 Celebtations and motivated tears.

Jingai-San no Yome episode 3 A bizarre concept but they’re running with it.

Run with the Wind episode 3 Remember last week when the lead said he wasn’t going to run? Well call the dude Forrest because...

Tokyo Ghoul: re 2nd Season episode 2 Why am I not surprised that one of the biggest fights in the series ended up being over by the end of just the second episode?

At least some of the scenes were decent such Touka and Ayato’s backstory (though even that had stuff missing-they didn’t even bother naming their father, Arata, to reference the armour he became.)

Any stuff with Furuta is great though (he seems to be one of the few characters not totally getting botched so far) and next week’s preview also shows that Rue wasn’t skipped over.

31 Days of Halloween Day #16: Eaten Alive (1976, Tobe Hooper) A dark visceral horror similar to Hooper’s prior opus The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, this was gritty and brutal, using a claustrophobic setting to its advantage. Also worth noting is that year before he donned the sweater and clawed glove, Robert Englund plays a real sleazeball here. 3.5/5

OniAi episodes 7-12 (Complete. A harmless fanservicey harem that takes the p*ss out of improper sibling relationships and has a harem male lead who isn’t a total pushover and actually has some personality. It isn’t anything special, but what does stand out does so for the better rather than the worse) 3/5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime: episode 3 brilliant as usual.

Golden Kamuy Second Season:
episode 1-2 Brilliant start dang creepy and hilarious at the same time.

Little Witch Academia: Episode 5-8 Simply charming.

Monster Farm Path To the Legend Cup(Season 2)- Episodes 7-10 A pretty mostly bland and boring batch of episodes.Today monsters that look a lot like Geodude(episode 8 and 9), Also Suezo is the nicest guy episode 9 (my favorite episode of this batch.)

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime episode 3

Golden Kamuy Season 2 episode 2

Tokyo Ghoul:re Season 2 episode 2 - Sigh... it seems Pierrot really want to spoil one of the biggest reveals (Amon being alive) in the next episode preview. Also disappointed how one of the biggest fights and Kaneki's character development got rushed into just one episode. I'm also pretty sure they skipped over the part where Donato escaped but that may be revealed in the next episode.

Bloom into You episode 2

Angels of Death episode 14

Ms. Vampire who lives in my neighborhood episode 2 - Eh not really into this series so far. I'll check out episode 3 to be sure.

SSSS.Gridman episode 2

Goblin Slayer episode 2

Anima Yell! episode 2

Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2 episodes 7-9

OVERLORD III (English Dub) Episode 12
The face of despair.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments (English Dub) Episode 9—24 (Complete)
A really good series. As good as the first season if not better IMO. Hopefully this gets a 3rd season. 3.5/5

Conception: Please Give Birth to My Child! (Sub) Episode 2
Meeting and learning about the other Star Maidens. First mission in the Labyrinth.

Jingai-san no Yome (Sub) Episode 3
Just how much weirder can this get seriously.

Free! - Dive to the Future - eps 4-6
Alright I see where this is going. Haru dispite insisting for years he only swims freestyle will take on IM and fulfill the promise by swimming with his old friend. Hiyori's a massive jerk BTW.

Tokyo Ghoul:re s2 e2
Quite a twist at the end, but I don't get the motivation behind it.

Conception ep 2
Less trashy than I thought as it's revealed that they don't actually have to have sex to produce a Star Child. We're introduced to the 'Maidens' and a second Star Child is made. From the 2 episodes I've seen I'm guessing the game mechanics are romance girl, make Star Child, then enter dungeon and fight monsters, then level up till you beat the final boss.

Free! - Dive to the Future - eps 7-9
Called it, although it happened quicker than I thought. It took one race to wipe out years of resentment and angst! And now everyone is pally, even with Hiyori!

My Hero Academia (dub) - Episode 63

Stein;s Gate 0 (dub) - Episode 23

Attack On Titan (dub) - Episode 45

Magical Girl Raising Project (dub) - Episode 12

Well that's most of the Spring and Summer Shows wrapped up for me.

Rascal does not dream of Bunny Girl Senpai episode 3 I’m impressed that the events this episode didn’t take longer to reach. Another very solid episode.

RErideD: Derrida who Leaps through Time episode 7 They don’t make things straightforward but I hope it all makes sense eventually.

31 Days of Halloween Day #17: The Ninth Configuration (1980, William Peter Blatty) Though Blatty only ever directed two films-this and the seminal Exorcist III, he’s got a great track record. The film is set mainly in a secluded gothic castle housing a military asylum and its unique inhabitants. Blatty’s style of directing is careful and engrossing, and despite some behind the scene issues he manages to get a great performance out of all the actors on screen. 4/5

Orphen episodes 1-4

Hanebado! (English Dub) Episode 12

Between the Sky and Sea (Sub) Episode 3
Trying to make up for your mistakes. Training, and a new member joins the team.

Miss Beelzebub Likes (Sub) Episode 2
Figuring out and learning what to do with the socially awkward.

My Sister, My Writer (Sub) Episode 2
Planning for the next volume. Meeting fellow authors and the occasional misunderstandings. Just another day in the life of a LN author.

Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (Sub) Episode 3
Another impressive episode. I'm really impressed with Sakuta as a character and his actions (even though they were OTT) and how he was willing to do anything in order to remember Mai. OMG that confession scene talk about ballsy. The pacing of this episode events was really well done.

Attack On Titan Season 3 episode 12 (49). (finished)
Goblin Slayer episode 2.
Ulysses: Jeanne d`Arc And The Alchemist Knight episode 2.
Release The Spyce episode 2.

Merc Storia: The Apathetic Boy and the Girl in a Bottle (Sub) Episode 2
This was quite a serious but controversial episode. "Women who are weak should just marry, remain feminine and let men protect them without question". Yeah.....like that statement isn't going to cause a big stink.

Zombie Land Saga (Sub) Episode 3
A good episode. Choosing a group name. Practicing for the next performance.

ZOMBIE LAND SAGA ep 3
Not as funny as the first 2 episodes. Looks like it's turning into a traditional idol show, which is a shame. The act went wrong, but not in a hilarious manner like the last 2 episodes, and only served to end the drama of the 2 girls who didn't want to be there so they could come in and rescue the performance.

Karakuri Circus ep 2
Some info on the bad guys and a rocky start to what I assume will be a beautiful relationship.

Banana Fish ep 15
Everybody draws up plans to rescue Ash, including himself.

Zombie Land Saga episode 3- A good episode just not as good as the first two also the 3D CG models were rather distracting though I'm not used to it only really seen in it before in Sailor Moon Crystal S1 which was bad.Plus I think this is the first Idol show I've ever seen.

Still an enjoyable episode the legendary Yamada Tae was interesting to see her moving about and what she's doing in the background even though she wasn't the main focus and the Manager is frickin hilarious 😂.

Little Witch Academia- episode 13-16 Great as usual.Really love the transformation Magic.

Banana Fish episode 15 One hell of an autopsy.

Merc StoriA: The apathetic Boy and the Girl who lives in a Bottle episode 2 This anime is wholesome.

Zombieland Sagas episode 3 The zombie spinoff of Love Live continues to be fun if a bit cliched. Wonder if the iffy CGI was a jab at how overused it is in idol anime or whether it was just to save money as per the norm.

31 Days of Halloween Day #18: Theatre of Blood (1973, Douglas Hickox) One cannot do a challenge such as this and not expect some Vincent Price! Theatre of Blood is certainly an interesting beast, another horror comedy (seem to be watching a fair few of these this time around) with a creative premise of critics being killed for their dismissive reviews by a psychotic actor played by Price. He gives a typically enigmatic performance complete with more disguises than Anthony Ainley’s Master in Doctor Who. 3.5/5

Orphen episodes 5-21

Back