Your viewing journal

Goblin Slayer episode 2
Enjoyable series so far.

SSSS.Gridman episode 2
With all the "ultra" references, do you think this could be part of the reason Crunchyroll's Ultraman licences expired? Well, rather that they weren't renewed?

Angels of Death episode 14
I've had enough of this now and I just want them to hurry up and get it over with.

Grand Blue Dreaming (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Complete)

2018-10-14-16.png

Remaining titles left in the simulcast backlog:
Summer:
Attack on Titan Season 3 (up-to-date, 1 ep left to air)
Revue Starlight (4 eps left to watch)

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (5 eps left to watch)

On-going to Autumn:
Banana Fish (4 eps left to watch, 10 more to air)

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (Japanese audio) - Episodes 8-12 (Complete)

2018-10-14-173.png

Remaining titles left in the simulcast backlog:
Summer:
Attack on Titan Season 3 (1 ep left to watch)
Revue Starlight (4 eps left to watch)

On-going to Autumn:
Banana Fish (4 eps left to watch, 10 more to air)

Anima Yell! episode 2 Lives up to the episode title.

Attack on Titan 3rd Season episode 49 And with that The Uprising Arc is complete. This was a solid adaptation and a very good arc to watch onscreen. It took an arc that I wasn’t that enthused about and made it more engaging. A shame some bits and pieces were missed out but otherwise roll on Season 3 Part 2 next year. Things only get crazier from here. 4/5

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 77 Another engaging episode as Boruto passes his test and it’s explosion time again.

Double Decker! Doug & Kiril episode 4 The narrator is having a lot of fun. Quite liking this series so far.

Fairy Tail: Final Series episode 279 The episode title “Because of Love” pretty much sums up how the characters win half the time.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-San episode 2 Another weekly dosage of spooky book selling.

We sell Tsukumogami episode 12 (Complete. A unique series with a nice setting and a tight cast that gets nicely established across the cour. My main issue is that the Sataro Burner plot took up a lot of time and amounted to very little. The rest of the stories however were comfy.) 3.5/5

31 Days of Halloween Day #21: Nightmare City (1980, Umberto Lenzi) More bloody Zombie action. If you like that then this is the film for you. I really digged this and the effects were wonderfully gory. An interesting point on the disc though is that Arrow Video were supplied with a damaged film print that they couldn’t fix so the picture has a lot of chemical damage and the like. Didn’t distract from the fun though. The ending does suck though. 3.5/5

New Game! episodes 1-12 (Complete. An entertaining workplace anime SoL with a nice cast and interactions. A shame they don’t go even more in-depth with the game creation process, but the focus is in the right place overall. Oh and the Space Dandy reference with Ian Sinclair in the dub was amazing.) 3.5/5

Night is Short, walk on Girl (Film) Masaaki Yuasa once again weaves a tale of youthful exuberance, featuring a unique Visual prowess and a story that barely stops to breathe. It’s easy to miss what’s happening half the time and I think this film benefits repeat viewings. Can’t wait to see what yuasa brings to the table next. 4/5

Last edited:
Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 8

SSSS.Gridman (English Dub) Episode 2

Anima Yell! (Sub) Episode 2
Cheer leading training begins. Convincing your friend to join the club.

Attack on Titan Season 3 (Sub) Episode 12 (Complete...Sort of)
This season has been brilliant so far. Story twists, secrets being revealed etc, this has had everything (minus a few cuts) that makes AoT so good to watch. Bro that ending/preview tho, holy sh*t. And the 6 months wait for greatness to return begins. 4/5

Gegege no Kitarou 2018 (Sub) Episode 28

Himote House (Sub) Episode 2
A fun episode despite the horrible CGI animation. The random skit at the end was funny. That Sailor Moon themed ending really surprised me.

Senran Kagura Shinovi Master -Tokyo Youma Chapter- (Sub) Episode 1 (Uncensored)
It finally returns, How I've missed this series. Really good first ep, I'm definitely going to enjoy this for obvious reasons.

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-san (Sub) Episode 1-2
Originally planed to skip this, but I decided to give it a watch. I'm glad I changed my mind, this is absolutely hilarious.

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight (Sub) Episode 2

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs OVA 2 (Sub) (Uncensored)

Lost Song eps 10-12 (complete)
OK, if you accept the new set of rules (this is a different timeline and things are slightly different to how things were in the old one: Henry's alive and the Prince isn't a dick) it finishes off fairly well with Rin and Finis meeting and saving the world, although maybe a little rushed right at the end.
Overall art and animation is quite pleasant, but the story is a little all over the place and I didn't fully appreciate the twist. Maybe because it was so well disguised, although I did spot some odd things, but it took reading some comments on MAL to fully appreciate that the time when the Prince was being a dick and forced Finis to do things was thousands of years previous to the time when Rin was growing up, but a lot of things were similar due to the resetting of the world.
6/10

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc and the Alchemist Knight ep 2
Definitely not 100% historically accurate.

HIMOTE HOUSE ep 2
Trying to open a jar with their powers and speed dating. The CG is still bad, but the episode itself wasn't that bad.

We Rent Tsukumogami ep 12 (complete)
A nice finish to the series with most things tying up nicely. The central relationship had a revelation, but it wasn't clear whether it had progressed from that point into a full relationship or not.
I thought at first this was going to be a mystery of the week show, but a lot of the same people came back for help with a different part of the same problem so it sort of was and wasn't. The solving of the problems was a bit too easy sometimes with a lot of coincidents, but some had interesting stories behind them. I liked most of the characters and the art and animation were pretty good too.
7 /10

Skull-face Bookseller Honda-san ep 2
Boy it can be hectic working in a bookstore.

Attack on Titan s3 e12 (complete, for now. I think it's technically a split cour, but MAL has it as Completed at 12 episodes)
The drawing of breath before the next battle. A nice send off, with quite a cliffhanger during the ED (which was quite freaky at first).
Overall a very good season with some excellent battle scenes and a different angle on the world with humans fighting humans. Lots of backstory and some answers, although plenty of mystery still left. The politicking got a tad confusing at times in the first half and maybe there was too much backstory and not much action in the last few episodes.
8/10

Monster Farm: Path to the Legend Cup(Season 2)-Episode 1-6 Started watching the second season of Monster Farm gave the first season The Secret of the Disc Stone 6/10 because it was kinda "Meh" things felt too resolved too quickly and kinda rushed too.Really liked the tearjerking episodes though.
My favorite opening of the Series is the first one "Kaze ga Soyogu Basho" as the song is pretty sweet.Second places goes to opening 3"Close to your Heart"is pretty good too love the emotional feel to it.Third goes to FLUSH.One disappointing thing about the openings is how much episode footage is used for the openings..The Sakura blossoms in the openings are pretty cool though. Also Rygar's theme is pretty badass.

Gonna see how Season 2 is like so far just good.Rygar is probably my favorite monster(plus he's a wolf) though the way he can't let go of his stubbornness/pride in episode 6 is adorable and the fact that He tells Genki,Mocchi,Ham,Golem and Suezo to stop hugging him in episode 3 of Season 2,but allows Holly to also pretty dang cute.

My Little Witch Academia(Sub)-episodes 1-4-Really enjoying it.

Last edited:
After being distracted by Black Ops 4 for the past few days I'm behind on a few series. Time to catch up.

Attack on Titan Season 3 *Part 1* episode 12 (Complete) - Turns out this will be a split-cour series. Honestly an improvement on the manga version which was one of the weaker arcs in terms of pacing. As usual, Studio WIT has delivered on animation in this season though it's missing the occasional high detail frames that were present in Season 2 and Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, so hopefully they make a return in part 2. The ending was unexpected and served as a great preview for whats my favourite arc in the series. 9/10

Skull-Face Bookseller Honda-san episode 2

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind episode 2

Last edited:
Free! - Dive to the Future - eps 1-3
More new characters that seem to have been retro fitted into Hurus past (although looking at their Animeography, they are in the films). One look at the shot at the end of the OP shows that there are way too many characters in this show now. Also the story seems to be very similar to season 1.

Golden Kamuy s2 e2
Same mix of crazy action and zany comedy again. In episode about fakes they had to go and make their own:
fake.jpg

Steins;Gate 0 ep 23 (complete)
A pretty good finale as it links back into episode 23 of the original.
Overall, not as good as the first season as most of the fun the first one had was sucked out by having Okabe being miserable all the time. It was also more confusing at points. But it still had it moments.
7/10

Last edited:
Steins;Gate Zero (Dub) episode 23 (Complete. A very good sequel to one of my favourite anime, and the dub cast also put they’re all into it. S;G 0 certainly isn’t without its issues and can be a confusing watch in places but I enjoyed it regardless. I’m aware that the LN is a better way to enjoy the story, but I thought the anime was very good overall.) 4/5

31 Days of Halloween Day #15: Vamp (1986, Richard Wenk) Well this was interesting. It’s a solid horror comedy with Grace Jones giving a typically enigmatic and electrifying performance. The vampire material clashes with the neon sleaze of the back street setting but makes for an intriguing aesthetic. It’s 80’s comedy horror at its most neon clad and sleazy, no doubt inspiring From Dusk Til Dawn ten years later. 3.5/5

OniAi episodes 1-6

Magical Girl Raising Project (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)
A good mahou shojo series. The best way to describe this is "Madoka Magica but with more gore and violence". 3/5

The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments (English Dub) Episode 1-8

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (Sub) Episode 3
Really good episode. Rimuru gives out names. Putting aside ones differences and learning to coexist with one another.

The Girl in Twilight (Sub) Episode 3
A decent episode. I already had my suspicions about the groom, and I was right. Never upset a bride on her wedding day, it will never ends well.

Revue Starlight (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-12 (Complete)

And thus I have completed my Spring/Summer simulcast backlog of shows. Banana Fish continues through to the Autumn season for those wondering.

The Autumn titles will begin watching soon,

Back