Your viewing journal

Banana Fish ep 11
We discover the more human side of Ash.

Happy Sugar Life ep 10
Shio's backstory and how Satou met her.

Grand Blue Dreaming ep 10
Some actual diving and fairly educational at that. But still plenty of amusing moments.

Persona 5 the Animation ep 24
Next palace is introduced, but Futabas mind is elsewhere and they need her skills to proceed. So that problem needed sorting ASAP.

Angels of Death ep 11
Another room passed. The next one seems to be a copy of where she witnessed a murder as seen in the flashback or where she killed herself, maybe, as hinted in the OP.

Planet With ep 11
Things only get more intriguing after the timeskip. Loved Souya and Ginko's relationship here
Indeed. The thing that surprised me most was to find out Miu and Harumi were his sempais at college! Miu especially, as her younger character model definitely looked the youngest of all the cast.

Cells at Work ep 11
White Blood Cell can't do much again. This time the help comes from outside the body.

And You Thought There Is Never a Girl Online? (English Dub) Episode 8 - 12 (Complete) (Blu-ray)
A decent show about online gaming. 6.5/10

Magical Girl Raising Project (English Dub) Episode 8

Bakuon!! (Sub) Episode 1 - 4 (Blu-ray)
Not bad so far, hopefully it gets better.

Dropkick on My Devil!! (Sub) Episode 11
Yurine comes down with a fever and Jashin ends up nursing her back to health with help from the others.

Encouragement of Climb 3rd Season (Sub) Episode 12
Hinata succumbs to her injury and gives up the climb. At least Hinata and Aoi are able to have a touching moment alone to reconcile with each other.

Holmes of Kyoto (Sub) Episode 11
Another invitation & another case for Aoi and Kiyotaka to to solve "Agatha Christie" style.

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Sub) Episode 25
The ceremony begins. While Aoi preparing the dishes for the Umi-bozu, trouble strikes, luckily help arrives from an unexpected source.

One Room Season 2 (Sub) Episode 11

Phantom in the Twilight (Sub) Episode 11
The final battle to rescue Shinyao begins.

Last edited:
Attack on Titan Season 3 episode 4

Chio's School Road episode 8

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord episode 8

Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2 episodes 1-9

My Hero Academia Season 3 episode 21

Dropkick on my Devil! episode 11 Jashin-Chan softens up as they all help a sick Yurine. (Complete. a funny series that went from formulaic slapstick to more character driven SoL, developing upon a likeable and bizarre cast of characters. A second season would be welcome.) 3.5/5

Holmes of Kyoto episode 11 A case referencing Agatha Christie embodies her work.

Kakuriyo -Bed&Breakfast for Spirits- episode 25 When the comic relief potentially screws everything up.

Phantom in the Twilight episode 11 The final battle commences.

YuruYuri: Happy Go Lilly episodes 10-12 (Complete. Funnier and more endearing than the first season for me, whilst still possessing all the elements I liked.) 3.5/5

Bleach (Partial Rewatch) episodes 64-73

My Hero Academia Season 3 episode 23

Cells at Work episode 11

Day off tomorrow so perfect for finishing off the remaining episodes of School Babysitters, How to Keep a Mummy and Tsukigakirei. If time allows I'll start doing progress on SDF Macross again

The Slayers ep24-25

It hasn’t soured me on the series or anything, but this last clutch of episodes has been dragging somewhat. 24 in particular felt very stretched out, with lots of time given over to that age old problem of the characters very politely standing and taking turns to firepotshots at each other, in between lengthy speeches...

Happy Sugar Life episode 10

Banana Fish episode 11

Dropkick on My Devil episode 11 (complete?)
MAL lists this as 12 episodes but it was the season finale - are we expecting an OVA?

Island ep 12 (complete)
A nice ending episode in terms of the romance part. And as usual there was an outrageous answer to the question I had about why Setsuna wasn't bumping into himself all the time in the last episode. Turns out history keeps repeating so instead of going back in time he went all the way forward to the same point! But this revelation comes far too late and with little explanation, it's just a twist for a twists sake.

Overall it had a similar problem of other visual novels adaptations in trying to include all the girls stories before settling on one and some of this wasn't particularly interesting.
All the girls were around the same age and one of them turns 17 during the show, but all their designs were skewed younger (this could be keeping the designs from the game, but changing the ages IDK) which was weird. Generally the art and animation was only OK.
The main plot, I thought, was about saving the island and this was reinforced by the two episode deviation to the future (that was actually fairly interesting along with the folklore stuff that had appeared earlier in the show), but at the conclusion nothing was mentioned as whether what had transpired had actually saved the island or not!
Overall some interesting ideas, but not well executed.
6/10

We Rent Tsukumogami ep 9
That recap scene with the Tsukumogami acting out the parts was fun.

Kakuriyo - Bed and Breakfast for Spirits - ep 25
Aoi prepares to help one final time as the big event starts, but it could be derailed by what transpires.

Holmes of Kyoto ep 11
Aoi and Holmes go to another tea room where another investigation awaits. Another one that I only twigged partially. I liked the meta joke at the very end: Aoi "so I've been here nearly a year" Holmes "feels like only 3 months" 😂

Encouragement of Climb s3 e12
Aoi and the gang continue their trip. She and Hinata have time together to talk about what's been happening recently.

I haven't posted in this thread in ages, but I've been keeping track of what I've watched. 😀
So, in order of... something:

Kiznaiver ep3
I guess this ended up being the episode that put me off buying AL's fancy CE. I still want to finish it, though. 🙂

Steins;Gate 0 eps 9–19
Unlike this, which I continue to watch despite having lost my way with it. It's just become way too ridiculous for my taste.

It also seems beset by some clumsy writing, including a rooftop scene where a bunch of armed men sneak up on Mayuri and Suzuha while the latter is reading a message on her phone. I mean, they're actually surrounded, for Christ sake! How did we not even hear them arrive? And how the hell did they even get up there in the first place??

Fuse: Memoirs of the Hunter Girl (rewatch)
This I really did enjoy. For some reason, I didn't really quite click with it when I first saw it at Scotland Loves Anime 2013, where I think it suffered from being sandwiched by Little Witches Yoyo & Nene and Patema Inverted in the line-up. This was my first rewatch of it, and I had a quite different opinion this time around. I like the story, the characters are fun, and I like the quirky and lively design work.

I've got director Masayuki Miyaji's Xam'd waiting on my shelf too.

The Night is Short, Walk On Girl (rewatch)
This was an oddity: my opinion of this kind of went in the opposite direction of Fuse with a rewatch! 😅
I think I just connected better with it the first time around, thematically. Circumstances at the time. Simple as that, really.

It's still very inventive, though. 🙂

The Animatrix
This was really something of a treat. 😃
'World Record' and 'Program' in particular are simply stunning: they just absolutely ooze Koike and Kawajiri!

It's amazing how this very clearly bled into Studio 4°C's later Genius Party project; Koji Morimoto's 'Beyond' in particular is very similar in feel to his subsequent 'Dimension Bomb', for example.

The Wind Rises (umpteenth rewatch)
This was the first time I'd watched this on BD, after having made the mistake of buying Studio Canal's sub-par DVD version when it first came out (pre-BD player). It looks great. The extras also include the press conference with Miyazaki and Anno, which isn't on the DVD.

I want to revisit the dub as well now.

TLDR: I watched a bunch of anime. 😛

The VN of SG0 makes much more sense and I do think its essential ill be honest this season has cocked up the two timelines and I dont know what ending its going for as it doesnt seem to be going to reach Episode 23 (of the True end of SG) in 48 mins.

How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-11

Going to save Lupin the Third Part 5 for the weekend now that the show has concluded (got 18 episodes to watch for that lol).

Black Clover episode 50 Celebrations all around.

Overlord III episode 11 Clue's in the episode title.

Bleach (Partial Rewatch) episodes 74-86

Harukana Receive (English Dub) Episode 9

OVERLORD III (English Dub) Episode 8

Bakuon!! (Sub) Episode 5 - 12 (Complete) (Blu-ray)
A mediocre series about six High school girls who enjoy riding motorcycles and go touring together. 6/10

OVERLORD III (Sub) Episode 11
Too much CGI in this episode, but other that that, another great ep.

Back