Your viewing journal

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4
Spice & Wolf [Season 1] (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-13 (Complete)

Spice_and_Wolf_-_Holo_3.gif

Two cour shows (3 remaining):
  • Claymore
  • Gundam Reconguista in G
  • Ouran High School Host Club
One cour shows (5 remaining):
  • Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
  • Lord Marksman and Vanadis
  • Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 1
  • Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-
  • Spice & Wolf Season 2
Movies (6 films & 4 OVAs):
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Part 1
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Part 2
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
  • In This Corner of the World
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 1
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 2
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 3
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 4
  • Psychic School Wars

Kill La Kill eps 20-24 (complete)
Epic final battle(s) Trigger Style!

Awesome stuff. I liked this a bit more than Gurren Lagann, maybe because the story, at first, was a little more straight forward (a revenge story), or the power creep felt a little more earnt (Ryuko was a badass from the start and also learns about her powers through fighting rather than lucking upon them that happens to Simon at times), or the fact that there was a larger female representation in the cast (Mako best girl!). There was the same level of crazy action and humour and just plain zanyness in general (quoting Ryuko "Nonsensical is our thing!" this seems to be Hiroyuki Imaishi's mission statement).
Don't lose your way...
9/10

Shame the dub wasn't on Netflix. Or a more affordable way to buy it, 3 parts at £20! instead of a complete collection like Gurren Lagann. Then I could concentrate more on the action, site gags etc. and also understand a bit more on what was going on as the subtitles on Netflix are almost plain white without the option of a box like Amazon or a thicker black outline like Crunchyroll.

BanG Dream! Girls Band Party!☆PICO episode 9 - This episode contained high amounts of cursed energy
Screenshot (201).png

ReLIFE (Re-watch) episodes 1-5 - Re-watching this series again to catch up on the Final Arc season. Easily one of my favourites from 2016 so this should be a good re-watch.
Screenshot (202).png

Free! Dive to the Future episode 8 Hiyori finally has his epiphany and accepts Naru and Ikuya's bond.

Sakura Quest episodes 13-25 (Complete. This was a very nice and engaging series focusing on an older group of women for a change, as they attempt to change a small town before it's lost to the ages. The first half felt a bit repetitive in its episodic structure but once the second half got into gear it presented a stronger narrative. I sort of dived into this knowing little about it and I'm glad it paid off.) 4/5

Chio's School Road (English Dub) Episode 6

Hanebado! (English Dub) Episode 6

Harukana Receive (English Dub) Episode 6

OVERLORD III (English Dub) Episode 5

Revue Starlight (English Dub) Episode 4

He barely shows up asides from the early part of Root A. He's a great character in the manga, plus being voiced by Ian Sinclair in the dub always helps! (Wasted though he was.)

Oh I love Ian Sinclair!

I need to get back into anime. I got half way through Freezing Vibrations and stopped, hit a wall. Need to finish that before I resume backlog clearing. Going to try and get through all the shorter animes first.

Steins;Gate 0 ep 17
Seems the beta timeline is just as bad for Mayuri as the alpha 😞 Okabe has no choice now but to find Steins;Gate!

Attack on Titan s3 e6
Talk about convenient plot twist. The Royal family has this power, but one of our main 3 has the power to counteract it! Kenny said in the flashback that he found his sister who was pregnant, but the baby can't be Mikasa as her father was the Ackerman, not her mother?

Angolmois: Record of Mongol Invasion ep 8
Betrayal!

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-6
Spice & Wolf II (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4
Spice & Wolf II: The Wolf and the Amber Melancholy (Japanese audio) - OVA

• Claymore
  • Rokka -Braves of the Six Flowers-
  • Spice & Wolf II
Movies (6 films & 4 OVAs):
  • The Anthem of the Heart
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Part 1
  • Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Part 2
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl
  • In This Corner of the World
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 1
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 2
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 3
  • Mobile Suit Gundam the Origin OVA 4
  • Psychic School Wars

Banana Fish episode 9 A slow build to a tragic conclusion.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 71 Mitsuki has a picture of Boruto on his bedside table, that's pretty sweet.

Soul Eater Not! episodes 1-12 (Complete. An alright spin-off that takes an SoL approach whilst having small appearances from the characters in the core series-though it acts as a prequel of sorts. The plot kicks into gear once the antagonist turns up alongside the tired mind control trope which left me rolling my eyes a bit at the predictability of the conclusion. Overall this was fine but honestly kind of pointless.) 3/5

Doctor Who The Moonbase Going through each incarnation so it's time for my Second favourite Doctor Patrick Troughton (ironic I know.) I remember watching this when I was younger with only the audio for episodes 1 and 3 due to them being missing. Here they're Animated and it helps to fill in the story quite nicely.

The story itself is a signature "base under siege" kind which were prevalent in the Troughton era. It's a solid one, not the best or the worst, though out of all the B&W Cybermen stories The Invasion my personal favourite.

ReLIFE (Re-watch) episodes 6-11 - These ending songs are absolute bops.

Once I've finished this and the Final Arc I'll be finishing off four series which I've left on-hold for a while (SDF Macross, How to Keep a Mummy, School Babysitters, Tsukigakirei) before focusing on my on-disc and 16/17 backlogs.

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord (English Dub) Episode 6 (Uncensored)

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (English Dub) Episode 20

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord (Sub) Episode 9 (Uncensored)

Seven Senses of the Re'Union (Sub) Episode 9

Angels of Death Episode 8
I do like this, but I get the feeling the back end is gonna drag with another 16 episodes left to go.
How Not To Summon a Demon Lord Episode 9
As cringy as this can be on occasion, I've probably enjoyed it more than some this season. Cells at Work is still my favourite of the season though.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-9
Spice & Wolf II (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-8

• Claymore