Your viewing journal

Oh, man. 😆

Is your percentage... high? I can't check, obviously, because MAL is running on basic functions only at the moment.
I forget to be honest, but you're the one who introduced me to MAL in the first place. When you did, mine was higher than yours (at the time). We can check once it's all back up again. :)

1 episode in and there is a cameo of the NGNL Zero movie! (And that image didn't even appear in the movie.)
It was good, but...

Haven't seen that yet (it's on my list after watching APFTTU). I would say it has inspirational tones and isn't massively crazy, but it is very colourful and some of the characters are outlandish. And they go to Antarctica so they're not stuck at school like most SOL. And there are some great gags including some visual ones both foreground and background.
It's quite considerably diffrent than NGNL. In almost all respects (except that you can see high quality craftmansship in both). It starts with the colour palette (that NGNL cameo totally stands out like an alien element). In a way it's also quite flipped. NGNL also has an inspirational tone and is about proving the world and their preformed notions wrong by archievement, but it comes out every so often as a poignant highlight between the craziness of the whole world and every single character, whom you have to think for a moment whether you can start to respect or not. Sora yori sees to have the inspirational tone in the foreground and the comedy comes after it. Shirase is a very respectfully hard working person and while it appears outlandish and as if she has her head in a castle in the air, no one can really question her shiny resolve as being somewhat wowing.
It's like an "Are you out of your friggin minds?!" vs. "Yeah, and the meteor is falling down tomorrow." sort of diffrence between what the protagonists of each show set out to do.
(Also Sora yori is considerably slower paced. It's more in line with something like Space Brothers in mood or tone, just replace the adul make dorkness with gilish cuteness.)

2 episodes in and it really sticks out. I'm actually surprised they do it so overtly.
Especially given they run through Tokyo and there is some cosplay stuff and that stuff is all in the same colour palette of the show.

Definitely some poignant moments incoming (if you keep watching).
I'm definitely getting the vibes of Space Brother crossed with a lesser animated K-On here (and perhaps a thin slice of Love Live?).

Probably agree with this, but I liked the mix of tones they had.
It's definitely good, just not quite what I was digging for. NGNL's style is like Monogatari of the cust cutting techniques with scarce animation type where some frames and background setting art are polished to the brim and everything inbetween is either not really moving or sometimes pretty crude if you pay closer attention of the actual character drawings. Sora Yori is having less extreme sides of the spectrum. It's like NGNL is on a tightrope vs. Sora Yori being on a forest path. (Does that even make sense?)

Another one on my list, but it's quite a long series so don't know when I'll get round to it.
When I started I thought the same and the I was cursing the nights (and work) to come, because I didn't wanted to stop and after 10 days I was through and I was all like "why is this show so shoooooort!". Then I proceeded to read the manga where the anime stopped and then I caught up and then waiting every month for 20 pages because so painful. Well, I'm holding of, so I can get a bigger meal instead of teasingly small regular meals that leave me so hungry.[/QUOTE]

Katana Maidens (Dub) Episode 19

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Dub) Episode 5

Fumikiri Jikan (Sub) Episode 10

Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for Spirits (Sub) Episode 11

Magical Girl Ore (Sub) Episode 10
IMO this just episode takes the piss out of Magical Girl villains with that reveal, and that random drop in quality made it even worse. Trash, pure trash ep.

Space Battleship Tiramisu (Sub) Episode 11
Giant Mating Dogs in space, 😧 Just how much more weirder can this show get with it's randomness.

As I said same team and studio so I'm not surprised. But I can't recall if they put any more in after those 2.
Didn't seem to have any in #3 and #4, indeed. It surprises me as in, it quite doesn't fit the style and tone of the show to have something as overtly in there. It almost looks like bait. (Not that it didn't totally work...)

Again same writer.
Oh. Didn't know that. Which explains a lot though, the initially thin slice was getting thicker by the episode count.

Ep 11 of Magical Girl Ore...this has to be one of my faves this season, each episode makes me laugh.
Ep 10 of Persona5 The Animation
Eps 9-11 of Space Battleship Tiramisu
Eps 5-10 of Golden Kamuy

Steins;Gate 0 ep 7
There are 2 possible antagonists for what happened at the end of the last episode or maybe they're working together, but will we find out as it seems we've been hit with another shift in the time lines!

Kakuriyo - Bed and Breakfast for Spirits - ep 11
Aoi plays cupid.

Crossing Time ep 10
OK, that second part sort of went where I thought it would and then it went a bit creepy!

Golden Kamuy ep 10
There's a big reveal and a possible short cut out of having to find all the tattooed prisoners. The thing is it's left me a bit confused as I can't remember the person involved, I think I know, but it's from the first episode which is a problem watching weekly.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory (Dub) episode 5 Reminds me of Black Lagoon meets any robot fighting anime.

Kakuriyo -Bed&Breakfast for Spirits- episode 11 A slight tenseness as rivals arrive at the inn, but the series continues to be relatively comfy, wonder where they'll take it with 15 episodes remaining?

Magical Girl Ore episode 11 The (ridiculous) plot comes together. Only one episode left, this has been surprisingly better than anticipated.

Railroad Crossing Time episode 10 The two parter concludes in a sweet way.

Space Battleship Tiramasu episode 11 Y'know I really don't know why I'm still watching this, it seems to survive each week just on a whim of silliness.

Steins;Gate Zero (Dub) episode 7 Okabe continues to suffer, as events from other world lines repeat themselves.

Un-Go episodes 7-11 (Complete. A solid detective anime with some fun cases, interesting supernatural elements and a superb ED.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
Super Dimension Fortress Macross - Episodes 8 & 9 (Blu-ray)

Darling in the FranXX - Episode 20

The story telling in this series has been so messy, I just don't know what to think of it anymore. There were some great elements to this episode but as usual they felt clumsily handled.

Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory - Episode 8

After a strong start, I've really started to lose interest in this series of FMP.

Darling in the FranXX - Episode 20

The story telling in this series has been so messy, I just don't know what to think of it anymore. There were some great elements to this episode but as usual they felt clumsily handled.
Is it worth starting it because I'm hearing mixed opinions on this one :confused:

Is it worth starting it because I'm hearing mixed opinions on this one :confused:
It's often worth watching and deciding for yourself whether you like aspects such as plot, characters etc- ultimately your opinion is the one that matters. I'd give it the 3-5 episode rule and see how you feel afterwards, FranXX as a story changes as it goes along and gets better imo.

Back