Your viewing journal

Chobits (complete)
Fairly good commentary on love and whether it matters if one of the people involved is an AI. Unfortunately it's tone was a bit too light (I had a similar problem with Steins;Gate, although overall I did like that better) I like my Sci-fi to be a bit harder when it's trying to say something serious like GitS or Ex Machina. It also suffered from filler, antagonists introduced too late and ultimately proved pointless and also the programme Chi released wasn't really explained, I assumed it let all the other Persecoms be like Chi. Also like Steins;Gate they didn't have the balls to do a sad end, they almost did, but no! Happy ending it is.

Last edited:
nearly finished fate/stay night limited yesterday, I'll have to finish making a post for my thread today then finish it, I'm not asking for spoilers but how bad is this ending if you've already seen unlimited?

just watched the fullmetal alchemist live action film, not a bad way to kill some time. some of the scenes featuring a lot of action really do look like dragonball evolution budget, but then again japanese films don't get blockbuster millions. there are loads of fine details that jump straight out of the series onto film, and some things look like both anime adaptions, strange as that sounds. the plot is a bit jumbled, but easily the best parts are some of the effects they've managed to get in, like some of the things that look like they are out of a horror film, and, of course, the outfits for the military, if you want a whole heap of people in costume, call japan! Al himself is obviously CGI but it's almost so good that you can't tell at times, which helps because you'll see him a lot. yasuko's lust is, well you'd have to see it, you wouldn't be able to look away from her! there isn't a lot of fighting until the end of the film, as it mainly focuses more on the drama in the series.
what one character says, and the way things end, it looks like the film may get a sequel

it's a homunculus!*lingers on chest shot*

they didn't have the balls to do a sad end, they almost did, but no! Happy ending it is.
CLAMP's original manga has a very different (and vastly superior) ending.

Clue:
It involves using the location of Chii's power button (which was only referenced once in the anime) as an important plot point.

Last edited:
CLAMP's original manga has a very different (and vastly superior) ending.

Clue:
It involves using the location of Chii's power button (which was only referenced once in the anime) as an important plot point.
With that spoiler, it has once again brought a blush to my cheek. "Plot" point it certainly is. Haven't watched it myself in a while though I may look for that myself

how long has that been up? I'm watching sub I've heard the dub is a bit behind
Darling is out on Thursdays on FuniNow, dubs are 2/3 weeks behind. I watched a few on Crunchyroll, but put it on hold for now as it's a 2 cour series. Once it's finished I'll binge it, but will check out the dub first to see which site I'll watch it on.

Baka and Test- Summon the Beasts episodes 1-13 and OVAs 1-2 (Complete. A solid comedy anime with battle elements and often bizarre and sometimes disturbing scenarios. There's also some funny parodies as well (NGE etc) The OVAs were decent enough as well.) 3.5/5, 3.5/5

Tonight my mother and I caught up with Ancient Magus' Bride ep 19. Then the neighbor girl came over and we finished Part 1 of Gosick, eps 9-12. Since my copy of Part 2 is currently in the mail from RightStuf and is not arriving until tomorrow, we had to start another anime - so then I showed them A Town Where You Live, eps 1-6. Two thumbs up from the both of them for both series so far - although with ATWYL I had to stop/go back/pause a few times so they could re-read some of the subtitles, and I had to explain some of the twists going on in the story to them!

Last edited:
Killing Bites ep 7 - welcome to the kenshiro house of brain surgery. next patient!
juni Ito colletion 8 - when you've reached peak member berry /I don't think I like this circus
fate/stay limited (complete) - now I know why people like unlimited better, the ending gets so much better in that, the changes are a bit darker and edgier, it fits zero much better with the backstory of that in the context of unlimited pretty much using events as told in zero. limited doesn't have that same feel like much of the past events are from anywhere
Franxx ep 7 - obligatory beach episode is obligatory. as these teens are even more immature then humans normally would be, it's not as fan service-y as you'd think I still bet those shooting stars are going to be a bigger point. like the're klaxosaurs!

More Manga Force Collection:
Otogi Zoshi eps 1-5 (rewatch)
Quite interesting. The politicking is intriguing and the fights aren't bad. The animation is good as well.

_20180224_150224.JPG

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
"I'm Mary Poppins y'all"

Last edited:
Serial Experiments Lain(Sub)(Started yesterday)- watched episodes 4-7 today and still thinking I'm confused ,what am I watching? .It is interesting though.
Yu Yu Hakusho(Dub) 12-15

Violet Evergarden (Dub) Episode 7
Citrus (Sub) Episode 8
Dagashi Kashi Season 2 (Sub) Episode 7
Killing Bites (Sub) Episode 7
Slow Start (Sub) Episode 8
Takunomi (Sub) Episode 7

Darling in the FranXX episode 7 A beach episode with a few sneaky potential death flags and ships

Pop Team Epic episode 8 No I didn't watch this eight times in a row. Pretty funny how they aired it that way though.

The Ancient Magus' Bride episode 20 Looks like things are gearing up for the conclusion.

Barakamon episodes 1-9

ClassicaLoid s2 ep 20. The second half of this episode was hilarious. Pugi, pugi, pugi!

Full Metal Panic! s1 ep 19-24 (complete). This last arc wasn't too bad, hopefully that's a sign of what's to come in the second (or third, or whatever) season. Got Fumoffu next though, which as I understand it is a comedy spin-off series, so it will either be brilliant or intolerable.

Karakai Jozu no Takagi-san ep 7. Takagi will get what she wants, because she always wins.

Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles ep 8.

Overlord II s2 ep 7.

Back