Your viewing journal

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 46 Liking this a bit more now, some nice set up.

Arrietty (Film) This is a pleasant and nice little film, not one of the stronger Ghibli entries but it's still worth a watch. I liked the English (UK) dub, it fit nicely. 3.5/5

Assassination Classroom Season Two episodes 1-9

Dragon Ball Z (Sub)- 288-291 Completed still love this series 9/10 though I slightly like Dragon Ball more. I watched most of the series via the Orange Brick sets(know their rubbish but I've had them a while but got the Kai sets recently as well but mostly for when I re- watch it for the Dub.)and the Boo saga via the Blu-ray sets. Great series overall.

My Neighbour Totoro(Dub)- Cute adorable film.

Started :Yu Yu Hakusho(Dub) 1-3 This series has been on my to watch list a long time and finally started watching it.Only seen 3 episodes but liking the look of it so far.

I haven't been very active on the forum for the last few months but I have been watching stuff.

ZZ Gundam Episodes 20-46 (End) While I found the first half's more comedic tone enjoyable the series definitely kicks into high gear in the second half and doesn't completely abandon the comedy but things get a lot more dramatic. It took me a long while to watch this because of not getting the 2nd Anime Ltd Blu ray set until Jan and having other stuff to watch for the upcoming first episode of the Retro Mecha Podcast. It's not as good as its predecessor Zeta Gundam but it's not anywhere near as bad as some people would have you believe.

Ping Pong: The Animation Episodes 1-10 (End) Quite enjoyed this series. Wasn't sure I would given I don't enjoy much sport but I heard time and time again how it was more of a character based show and it had really compelling human drama. People were definitely right about it. All of the characters are great even the secondary ones. I found out last week that my new team leader at work just started to get into anime and that she's an actual ping pong player so of course I recommended this to her :) I've let her borrow the Blu Rays.

Genesis Climber Mospeada (Rewatch) Episodes 1-25 (End) The 80's was a wonderful time for sci-fi anime and while Mospeada may not be remembered with the fondness that a lot of fans have for many other shows of the era it certainly is a show well worth watching. I'd only seen it once before and my memories of it had faded a little. I think I enjoyed it even more the second time around. It has truly great characters and some excellent mecha and alien design, a decent soundtrack and an intriguing story. There are some wonderful character moments towards the end of the show that I found kind of emotional. The series has kind of a heartfelt message in it: that eventually a cycle of hatred and violence must be broken and that's a lovely and idealistic sentiment that I wish was embraced by more people in this world.
I love the "characters brought together by chance on an adventure" vibe that Mospeada has. Not a feeling many shows or films give you these days.

Devilman Crybaby Episodes 1-10 (End) Crybaby is a great adaptation of Go Nagai's original Devilman manga that utilities Masaki Yuasa's talents well and also brings the story up to date with the use of things like the internet and social media further spreading the paranoia and fear about the existence of demons. This long-time Devilfan was really pleased with how it turned out. This year is definitely the year of Devilman with this being released and 3 different manga coming out in English for the first time including Nagai's 1972 original. You wait decades for more Devilman stuff in English and then 4 different pieces of media come along all at once! Crazy Days!

Rumbling Hearts #11-14

Wow. What an awful conclusion...

So MC and Mitski to get together in the end... That's so stupid much less the fact that both don't deserve each other even much less the fact MC is a giant prick throughout the series.

Series was a massive missed opportunity, could have been so much more oh well. On to Moonphase now.

My mum and the neighbor girl were over again tonight, we watched Gosick eps 1-8 up on the 10-foot screen in my theater. I was actually ready to stop it after the first episode; it had too much of that typical spastic-screaming "comedy" I totally despise in anime in the first two episodes, and the dub which I'm forced to listen to because of my guests was very grating and poorly acted. Fortunately, the next two episodes had a better story and also had less comedy antics in it, and then the last 4 episodes were quite good and much more serious.

Dragon Ball Z Kai - Episode 12-23
DBZ first aired in the UK on Cartoon Network on March 6th 2000, it's been almost 18 years since I first watched it, watching it again after all these years is a blast and I'm absolutely loving it, the saiyan saga was incredible.

Dragon Ball Z (Sub)- 288-291 Completed still love this series 9/10 though I slightly like Dragon Ball more. I watched most of the series via the Orange Brick sets(know their rubbish but I've had them a while but got the Kai sets recently as well but mostly for when I re- watch it for the Dub.)and the Boo saga via the Blu-ray sets. Great series overall.

My Neighbour Totoro(Dub)- Cute adorable film.

Started :Yu Yu Hakusho(Dub) 1-3 This series has been on my to watch list a long time and finally started watching it.Only seen 3 episodes but liking the look of it so far.

It's refreshing to hear someone say they love the original Dragon Ball more than Z. I feel exactly the same way. To be honest it's refreshing to hear anyone talk about the original Dragon Ball at all. It seems that a large percentage of fandom that got hooked on Z doesn't really care too much about the original which I find absolutely baffling. The world of DB is so big and epic that a few recap scenes in Z aren't enough for people to fully appreciate everything that happened in the original and has led up to the events of Z.

I know it's a lot to do with the fact that maybe people don't have as much nostalgia for the original since it wasn't the first one to air on TV but you'd think they'd still want to see the beginning of a franchise that they apparently love to fully appreciate the entire story.

I love the sense of adventure and playful humour in the original. Even some of the non-manga material is good in the anime adaptation. I have a SH figuarts Kid Goku action figure coming through the post that is going to get proudly displayed on top of the DB/DBZ collection shelf :)

I've read the Yu Yu Hakusho manga but strangely enough I still haven't gotten round to the anime. Need to amend that.

fate/stay night (not unlimited, so limited?) has been on Netflix since, last week? I've been binging a few on and off I'm either on 7 or 8. I can see why people like unlimited better than this one, limited archer seems like he's doing it because he loves being a dick, unlimited archer seems so broody and dark he's ready to batman
Violet Evergarden ep 7 - I will carry this guilt, for the rest of my life!

Kill Me Baby eps 5–8 (rewatch)
I lol'd many times watching these. 😂

Lucky Star ep 21 (rewatch)
This episode contains one of my favourite Konata jokes:
"So this is the main body, and all the little ones around it are...

"Options!"

(I wonder what the age cutoff is for getting the Gradius reference...)

Kakegurui (Dub) Ep 9 - 12 (Complete) - Very Good Series 9/10, Bring on Season 2.

Violet Evergarden (Dub) Ep 1 - 6 - Another gorgeous series from KyoAni.

Ms Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles (Sub) Ep 1 - 8 - OK series, however Yu's obsession with koizumi is weird. 5/10 so far.

Yuru Camp Ep 1 - 8 - Just your typical slice of life series, but does have it's funny moments. 6.5/10 so far.

Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles ep 8
More noodley knowledge.

Yuru Camp△ ep 8
Not enough Rin (or camping) for me, but plenty of Nadeshiko which makes up for it, a bit.

After the Rain ep 7
Lovely scene in Kondo-sans apartment with the instrumental version of the ED then, friendzoned!

Chobits eps 15-18 (I realised FuniNow doesn't include the recap shows, so it's really 16, 17, 19 & 20)
16 - Takakos husband is an idiot!
17 - So ends the filler-y arc
19/20 - back to the story!

I just finished watching Kemonozume and... Either I'm missing something (which is possible) or this is just OK. Can someone talk to me about this, is there some overarching symbolism and analogy to the story or...? I really liked the humor, the soundtrack and think that the first few episodes were pretty good, but I felt it started to get more and more dull towards the ending.

I also couldn't get the show's vibe, it feels like it wanted to be funny, dramatic and violent all at the same time.

I feel like maybe I should re-watch this down the road.

It's refreshing to hear someone say they love the original Dragon Ball more than Z. I feel exactly the same way. To be honest it's refreshing to hear anyone talk about the original Dragon Ball at all. It seems that a large percentage of fandom that got hooked on Z doesn't really care too much about the original which I find absolutely baffling. The world of DB is so big and epic that a few recap scenes in Z aren't enough for people to fully appreciate everything that happened in the original and has led up to the events of Z.

I know it's a lot to do with the fact that maybe people don't have as much nostalgia for the original since it wasn't the first one to air on TV but you'd think they'd still want to see the beginning of a franchise that they apparently love to fully appreciate the entire story.

I love the sense of adventure and playful humour in the original. Even some of the non-manga material is good in the anime adaptation. I have a SH figuarts Kid Goku action figure coming through the post that is going to get proudly displayed on top of the DB/DBZ collection shelf :)

I've read the Yu Yu Hakusho manga but strangely enough I still haven't gotten round to the anime. Need to amend that.

What you've said is exactly what I like more about Dragon Ball more than Z I just love the flow of adventure and humor in the series.
I also like the way the training is handled more and the Martial arts aspect as well. I agree I don't get the logic behind not wanting to watch DB as don't people wanna see the beginning to it all?.

I have finally decided to read the original Manga via the Vizbigs:D now that I have seen the Anime again. Though I've just ordered GT so I'll be re-watching that at some point last time I saw that was the Blue Water dub all them years ago back then. I remember liking it alot, though I was 11-12 at the time so my opinion and scoring of it may change when I rewatch it(still remember it not being as good as DB and Z like what the vast majority says).Just to see if its as bad as everyone says.

Anyhoo watched Yu Yu Hakusho episodes 4-8 today and its fun and liking the look of the characters :).

How to keep a Mummy episode 7 And so makes the fourth cute creature/MC combo.

Miss Koizumi loves Ramen Noodles episode 8 Another average offering. This isn't really doing much to differentiate its episodes. Soundtrack can still be funky though.

Violet Evergarden episode 7 Another very good episode, finally some important details came to light.

Yuru Camp episode 8 More enjoyable and chill anime goodness.

Assassination Classroom Season Two episodes 10-25 (Complete. This was superb, maintaining the quality and great characters/storytelling that was established in season one. It does this whilst heightening the stakes and pushing the narrative towards its emotionally affecting yet satisfying conclusion.

I liked this season more because almost every episode felt like it was building momentum, providing characters with difficult situations that could have compromised unity, but instead sees them work together to resolve and strengthen their bond as class 3-E.

If I had a little nitpick it would be how easily forgiving people in this franchise are of betrayal, but then again it is in their strength as a unit, so it also makes sense within the narrative. This isn't a detriment to the series at all and simply reinforces all the positives I've listed.

Overall this franchise has become one of my new favourites.) 4.5/5

Last edited:
Back