Your viewing journal

Chrono Mizaki said:
Try "Grave of the Fireflies". I'm watching it right now (with odd pauses) and so far, it's probably the most serious Ghibli film. Very Anti-War.

I honestly didn't that film was as good, as serious or as profound as most others did. I think the animation (which was hopelessly cartoonish and bright) took from it in a major way. I enjoyed it, and it was certainly a clever movie, but not as genre-defining as many claim.

V Gundam 12-16 (finally)
Hmm... liking it more now. Even if that does seem a bit morbid of me. Shrike Team: 6, 5, 4, 3... It was nice to see a lot of Earth based action early in the series for a change. I'll be interested to see how things progress in space...

Rewatched: Original Gundam Films 1-3
These have lost a bit of their shine after watching the later series, the plot seems to move in a lot more of a jerky manner now. One of these days I'll get round to watching it in series form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gundam seed 1 - O________O Yeah, I think I'll like this series too! ;D It seems pretty awesome, only thing I can say is I don't like how they put the thing about his friend finding him and being on the bad side - ooooh what a twist! :eek: because it seems to be in loads of anime I have watched lately >.<"

Soul Eater 22 - more than i expected actually, they didn't actually edit/censor the facing eating bit when Free and Eruka where affected by Asura's(kishin's) insanity/madness, still i can't wait for the next couple of episodes now.

Also watched Xam'd 10, the series definitely is getting better and better.

I re-watched Trigun after receiving the R1 box set. Although it was hit and miss due to its episodic nature and poor ending, it was as fun to watch as it was when I originally watched it all those years ago.

I hope the upcoming Trigun movie is decent. I'm sure it will be since Wolfwood, the best character in Trigun, is supposed to play a big role.

GaoGaiGar eps 30-32 so one story arc down and only 17 eps till the end of the series, though it was strange that the story continued since it looked as if they were going to end it on ep 30 when they beat the big bad Pasder, but the cliche of having the first bad guy's bosses come and attack is played out :roll:

Sasami Magical Girls Club collection 1. Very much a kids thing but there is something darker there as well, the second collection looks like it may head down a more serious route at least for a bit. The only thing to disappoint was watching the dub as the VAs are not the same as the other Tenchi series.

Karin volume 4. Glad I had chance to read Chibi Vampire while I was waiting for the release of Karin to start again.

Magical girl

Magical girl belong to a sub-genre of Japan fantasy anime and manga. Magical girl stories feature young girls with superhuman abilities who are forced to fight evil and protect the Earth. They generally possess a secret identity, although it can just refer to young girls who follow a plotline involving magic.
---------
smithsan
viral marketing

Ryo Chan said:
Code Geass ep 24

ep 25 is going to sooooo be a bitter sweet one
Personally don't mind as long as it doesn't suck. Just finished two series that were good (or at least mediocre) until the final episode where they dropped a level in the last 24 min (or 4 min in one case).
Gilgamesh- EDE. Nice little supernatural drama, well paced if a little predictable and squicky at times. Pity the ending was so ... not good. It wasn't bad, just had nothing that satisfied me, it just left me feeling empty, much like the world in the show was.. Would recommend renting it, but maybe not buying it.
S-cry-ed- man was that a craptaculistic show. Well it was a shonen show, and that really isn't my genre. Also it was made by Sunrise, who do watchable shows but rarely excel. It would have been enjoyable but for the last episode which was so utterly pointless as to piss me off to the extent of actually want me to sell the DVD's.
Macross Fronitier - Up to 24- dead my fuzzy butt. no corpse no confirmed kill but it wouldn't suprise me if not everyone is as lucky by the end of the show.
Daughter of 20 faces - up to 19- Yay updates. Getting more and more intresting, just wondering if they'll keep this plot up until the end or change tack again.
Zettai Karen Children- 23ish- man I wish that they'd hurry up with the main plot that they have had bubbling under the scenes for a while.
Read or Die TV up to vol 2- meh fun.

Phew, during yesterday while writing away I ended up watching the following:

Dominion Tank Police 1-4
Kiki's Delivery Service
New Dominion Tank Police 1-6
My Neighbour Totoro
Laputa: Castle in the sky

Writing does make me do things like that :roll:

Naruto Shippuuden 70-75 I liking the fact it series doesn't seem to be messing around at the moment (plus it's been the first time ever watching naruto where they've skipped showing you a fight). Story progression is always good. ^_^

*Respectful nods as he reads Warmaster's above viewing list*

Back