Your viewing journal

Tasker said:
Black Lagoon : Second Barrage - Disk's 1 and 2

I'm still trying to work out what makes this series so popular. It's worth a watch, but it's lack of a plot send's it into the nothing special category.

Revy's ****, tits, dirty mouth and Engrish - In that order.

Zeta Gundam - A New Translation I: Heirs to the Stars

Well, 67% of it I'd seen before. The new 33% was animated absolutely beautifully. I couldn't quite forgive myself for thinking it, but I found myself wishing they'd gone back and re-animated it all. Some of the best post-hand drawn animation I've seen -Seeing 80's character designs animated in a modern way was a very refreshing experience.

Can we ditch the huge eyes and pointy, disproportionate features and go back to this style guys?

Bleach 13 - Cool, nothing more, nothing less.

Soul eater 1 - WOW! This is awesome! I haven't watched much anime in a while, but I think this has gotten me back into it! :D

I finally got around to watched Totoro last night, having owned it for many months.

While I did find it enjoyable enough to watch without going bored, the lack of anything in the way of a real plot and an annoying brat constantly screaming stopped me getting much out of it. Aside from 2 little girls befriending a giant teddy thing in the country whilst their mom was in hospital, not a lot happened and the experience wasn't a memorable one.

Going on comments others have made and the fact it was designed as a family film (aimed at brats), I think I left it too late to watch it. Maybe if I'd watched it as brat I'd love it as much as I love The Lion King? Who knows. All I can say is that it, as I kinda expected, it didn't wow me.

You're a boy at heart, where as I'm a grumpy old git at heart - That's the reason for our difference in opinion over this. :D

Only Yesterday looks/sounds like it's more up my street, it being one of Ghibli's more serious films. I'm going to give that a watch when I feel bored. I doubt many of the other remaining Ghibli films will appeal to me...

Aion said:
Only Yesterday looks/sounds like it's more up my street, it being one of Ghibli's more serious films. I'm going to give that a watch when I feel bored. I doubt many of the other remaining Ghibli films will appeal to me...

Try "Grave of the Fireflies". I'm watching it right now (with odd pauses) and so far, it's probably the most serious Ghibli film. Very Anti-War.

Watched Hellsing 1-3 just now. I'm planning to watch the entire series before Hellsing Ultimate: Vol. 1 arrives since I picked up the original series on DVD ages ago.

So far, I think it's generic vampire mediocrity. It's watchable enough, like vampire stuff generally is, but there's been nothing great about the first DVD at all. I hope Ultimate is better.

Arucard isn't really that cool (even though he tries), big breasted Victoria is boring me already with her soulless "Yes, my master!" crap and none of the other characters have really got any time. I don't think this series is going to be one for character development...

Just started watching Neon Genesis Evangelion again. Bought the platinum boxset when I was away in America. It has the original and Directors Cut endings ^__^. Only up to episode 7 at the moment but loving the series all over again.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 14-21

Bleach 184-185

Bleach: Diamond Dust Rebellion Much better than I was expecting :p

I'm watching When they cry: Hirugashi (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni)

I've watched 3 episodes so far and it is thrilling. Whilst it may appear fanservice, it certainly is not. People have complained about the blood and there hasn't been lots so far.

I just hope it doesn't turn out like School Days =/

GaoGaiGar eps 21-24

Only comments i'm prepared to make for this....Mic Sounders the 13th...I mean i know that the whole brave series was designed so Takara could sell toys (see Transformers) but Mic...he just takes the cake :roll:

Back