Your viewing journal

The Tatami Galaxy (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-11 (Complete)

I wasn't expecting to finish this in one go (well two sittings for each disc), but considering I really wanted to get through my back-log I decided to make use of the spare time that I have and go into marathon mode for this show. And it works because each episode is worth the watch. The speed of the subtitles is actually not as bad as you would expect (not as fast as Monogatari's).

Blood Blockade Battlefront and Beyond episode 5

The Ancient Magus' Bride
episode 5 From mystical and serene to brutal, unnerving and thought provoking- this series is really shaping up to be something special.

Appleseed XIII
episodes 1-13 (Complete. Slightly iffy CGI aside [felt like I was watching a late PS2/early PS3 game cutscene at times] this was a solid sci-fi anime with an interesting world and likeable characters.) 3.5/5

Aquarion
episodes 1-4

Last edited:
6wQrX4w.gif
6wQrX4w.gif
6wQrX4w.gif

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
(English dub) - Episodes 10-13 (Complete)
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid: Episode 000 (English dub) - Special
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid: The Commanding Officer's Rather Quiet Day (English dub) - OVA

Really great season, the best of the three so far imo. Villain was also entertaining. OVA was great too.

That's now two titles from my November on-disc backlog watched & completed.
Completed:
#01 | The Tatami Galaxy
#02 | Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid

Remaining:
The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan
Gonna Be the Twin-Tail!!
Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet Nine
Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2
Serial Experiments Lain
Space Dandy Season 2
Tokyo ESP

Horus - Prince of the Sun (Blu-ray)

A rewatch in preparation for a review on the podcast.

Dangaioh: Hyper Combat Unit - Episode 3 [Final] (Blu-ray)

80's mecha OVA awesomeness!

Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon episodes 22-25 (Complete)

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma episodes 1-3

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War episode 3

Kino's Journey -the Beautiful World- the Animated Series episode 2

Pokémon: I Choose You.

Well this was a blast of fun, only issue we're the useless new characters and Team Rocket aside from that perfectly nostalgic and the stuff post credits was super nostalgic! Something surreal seeing Red GBC game on the big screen! Will deffo pick this up on BD. Not sure what I'd score it yet.

Aquarion episodes 5-26 (Complete. This felt like a send up to mecha of old, whilst managing to be funny, engaging and enjoyable. Aquarion isn't great by any means but it still managed to maintain my interest and be very entertaining, even if some episodes were weaker than others-most of episode 17 in particular. It'll be interesting to watch this and it's sequel Aquarion EVOL back to back as well.) 3.5/5
Edit: oh yeah the second instance wherein a character called Sirius is a massive dick but turns out to do something good...

Last edited:
A Silent Voice (rewatch)
Put it this way: the BD is currently being stored in one of the spare CD jewel cases I keep on my shelving for quick access to discs. That means it's going to be getting watched again soon. And repeatedly.

One Punch Man episodes 1–5
One puuuuunch!

I'm loving this. You know, that first episode might just have the best opening three minutes of any anime series. :)

Lu Over the Wall (theatrical screening)
Went to see this with a friend, and we both enjoyed it. I felt it lost its way a bit towards the end and became a bit too chaotic, but it had already done more than enough by then to be able to ride it out. I reeeally liked Lu's Vocaloid-style singing, and the songs were super-catchy. The character designs, colour palette and the fast-and-loose art style are all inspired. Well, it's Masaaki Yuasa, innit? :D

A Sisiter is all you need #2- A weird start behind us and the show is actually quite fun, Marchi showing off her acting chops well here! Not the typical in your face Marchi performance.

Kanohana Kitan #3- This show is an absolute treat! Such a cute show, Lindsay Seidel as Yuzu is soooo good, ah!

Need to watch;
Black Clover #3 and Magus Bride #2

Between going out and video games, I've gotten rather behind on my simulcasts, so today I caught up a little bit

Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2-Episode 5
The Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 5
Blood Blockade Battlefront and Beyond-Episode 5
Himouto! Umaru-chan R-Episode 5

I still have UQ Holder and Fate/Apocrypha to catch up on. I also need to watch the second half of Eureka Seven so I can write my review before the UE comes out...

Back