Your viewing journal

31 Days of Halloween Day 18: Saw 3D: The Final Chapter (2010, Kevin Greutert) The supposed final chapter ends the franchise on a great twist and has an interesting subplot but is marred down with some of the tackiest traps with some lacklustre 3D too. Even with that it's one of the stronger entries.

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 29

Black Clover episode 3

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War ep 3
Talk about a spoilerific episode title, try and avoid reading it, if you can!

It's an odd choice that, especially as I think the narrator even read out the episode title at the start of the show. It was at least a more interesting episode than I'd have thought based on the title.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - Up to Episode 25. Switched out to the dub & finding myself enjoying the title more, not sure why ..feels more natural in English.

Onto airing stuff:

Konohana Kitan - 1-3 : I expected small undertones of yuri, nah I'm getting what feels like an actual Shoujo Ai title, it's bloody adorable.
Blend S - 1-2: Okay yeah, this is wonderful. Working!/Is the Order A Rabbit. Knowing Aniplex have their paws on the title I was hoping I'd not enjoy the show as much as I am..
Inuyashiki - 1: Interesting. I liked the Ikiru reference.
Love Live Sunshine Season 2 - 1-2: No complaints, exactly what I expected & wanted
Animegatari's 1-2 : 0_O Not sure how I feel just yet. It's an odd one. The Lucky Star reference gave me a good chuckle.
Ancient Magus Bride 1-2 : 10/10 adaption so far. The ending to episode 2 was exactly the same in the manga, still as jarring animated.
Welcome to the Ballroom - 15 : Yeah, second cour feeling better than the first, some animation issues in this episode that I hope get fixed on the Blu-Ray. Looking forward to the next few episodes.
MMO Junkie - 1-2: Nothing to write home about. It's kinda cute though.
BBB & Beyond 1-2 : Brilliant.
March Comes in like a Lion Season 2 - 1: Also brilliant.
Umaru Season 2 1-2: It's nice to see Umaru making little changes. Catchy OP/ED as expected of the studio.
Black Clover 1-3: =| My complaints are the most popular ones. I've been promised less screaming as time goes on, I hope they aren't lying to me..
Food Wars Season 3 -1-3: Need to watch those OVA's, feel like somethings missing. Loving so far..excited for Erina's character development :) (Megumi still best)
Love is like a Cocktail - 1-3: Sweet little short.
Zodiac War 1-3: Hoping that ending isn't telling of how the show goes down.

I dropped Just Because after two episodes. Couldn't get into it.

Last edited:
Psycho Pass eps 1-11
I thought after the first episode it would be like Minority Report. I guess it is and it isn't. The message seems to be pretty similar, but the way it tells it message is different.
Episodes 10 & 11 are f***in' awesome.

31 Days of Halloween Day 19:
Stephen King's It
(2017, Andy Muschietti) The much praised and highly grossing theatrical adaptation of the Stephen King novel. This was certainly decent, but some of the CGI looked iffy and Skarsgard wasn't quite as good as Tim Curry in the Pennywise department. The cast were very solid however.

A Certain Magical Index II episodes 18-24 (Complete. Overall this was a solid series, with a good selection of arcs and the same enjoyable characters. The only downside is that the humour irked me in places.) 4/5

dropped Inuyashiki aka Robot Grandpa. Depressing anime do nothing for me.

Shobitch ep 2 - It's trash and not good trash either. The animation is also very poor.

Saber Marionette J ep 9-13

This week I have mostly been watching vampires...

I preparation for recording the podcast I have rewatched all relevant anime for it (again) during the week.

Vampire Hunter D (Blu-ray)
Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust (Blu-ray)
Vampire Princess Miyu - Episodes 1 - 4 [Final]

Encouragement of Climb-Episodes 21-24 (Complete)

Took far too long to finish this, but it's a fantastic series nonetheless. If you like cutesy Slice of Life shows with good amounts of character development, it's well worth a look.

Girls' Last Tour-Episode 3

Still really liking this series, but it's hard to put my finger on why. There's no real story and the characters aren't exactly the most fleshed out, at least not yet, but I dunno, I still enjoy it a whole bunch. Perhaps it's the atmosphere and general message about finding the bright spots in the darkness, finding optimism against impossible odds.

Back