Your viewing journal

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan Ep 5-9
5 - It was all a misunderstanding and Haruhi fixed it in her own way
7-9 A nice trip to an onsen and so much fan service in 8!
Not liking the preview/synopsis for 10, I guess it explains the title of the show. Just when Nagato was getting close to Kyon.

N0f71gG.jpg

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10 (Complete)
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: Dance at the Sports Festival! (Japanese audio) - OVA

My backlog is progressing well, I was able to finish two more so that's 7 shows done so far:
  • #1 | Absolute Duo
  • #2 | Blood Blockade Battlefront
  • #3 | Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor
  • #4 | Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-: Battle in Nagoya
  • #5 | Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU
  • #6 | Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend .flat
  • #7 | Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Season 1
The next set of on-disc titles I aim to watch next are:
  • Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Heart Throb
  • No-Rin
  • Nyaruko: Crawling With Love Season 2
In addition I have also chosen the titles I'll be watching from the Autumn 2017 season. Black Clover was initially planned, however because the studio decided to make it 51 episodes it's getting the worst possible treatment so I will not put up with it. Anywho here's the chosen titles:
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride
  • Food Wars! The Third Plate
  • Girl's Last Tour
  • Inuyashiki Last Hero
  • Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
  • Just Because!
  • King's Game the Animation
  • Land of the Lustrous
  • My Girlfriend is ShoBitch
  • UQ Holder

Inuyashiki ep1

Shows potential, but on the strength of one episode, I'm not blown away by it either. I know a few folk who have high hopes for this one, presumably based on the manga, so we'll see how it pans out.

31 Days of Halloween Day 13: Saw II (2005, Darren Lynn Bouseman) The start of a series of financially successful but critically mixed sequels. This is where the franchise started to break into the mold of gory set pieces and gruelling tension. It certainly isn't as good as it's predecessor, but still manages to be entertaining, though it is one of the weaker sequels.

Dies Irae episode 1 Mmkay that was an alright-ish start

Wanna be the Strongest in the World! episodes 1-12 (Complete. This was one brutal sports anime. Honestly I wasn't expecting this to be any good but I found myself rooting for the MC Sakura for most of the first half, even if the whining got pretty tedious. The story, though predictable, was engaging enough to keep my interest, though it certainly wasn't great, and it has a fair few flaws, especially the ending fight and its "twist". That being said, this was average enough that it wasn't a complete waste of time.) 2.5/5

When They Cry
episodes 1-8
Quite the appropriate anime to watch around this time of year. I'm liking the concept of each arc being a story reset, you can tell this was an adaptation of a visual novel.
Also the OP is f*cking top, one of my favourites.

N0f71gG.jpg

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10 (Complete)
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya: Dance at the Sports Festival! (Japanese audio) - OVA

My backlog is progressing well, I was able to finish two more so that's 7 shows done so far:
  • #1 | Absolute Duo
  • #2 | Blood Blockade Battlefront
  • #3 | Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor
  • #4 | Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-: Battle in Nagoya
  • #5 | Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU
  • #6 | Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend .flat
  • #7 | Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Season 1
The next set of on-disc titles I aim to watch next are:
  • Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Heart Throb
  • No-Rin
  • Nyaruko: Crawling With Love Season 2
In addition I have also chosen the titles I'll be watching from the Autumn 2017 season. Black Clover was initially planned, however because the studio decided to make it 51 episodes it's getting the worst possible treatment so I will not put up with it. Anywho here's the chosen titles:
  • The Ancient Magus' Bride
  • Food Wars! The Third Plate
  • Girl's Last Tour
  • Inuyashiki Last Hero
  • Juni Taisen: Zodiac War
  • Just Because!
  • King's Game the Animation
  • Land of the Lustrous
  • My Girlfriend is ShoBitch
  • UQ Holder

Any particular reason why you're not picking up the Blood Blockade Battlefront sequel? Just curious :)

Wow you guys get through a lot. I wish I had more time!

Just finished Armoured Trooper Votoms OVA "The Last Red Shoulder" (rewatch) great OVA that fits really perfectly into the TV series. I haven't read much about the production of the series but If I had to guess I'd say that maybe the episode count of the TV show was reduced and some stuff was sacrificed as this OVA explains certain events of the TV series a little better and fills in some gaps rather well.

Just finished Armoured Trooper Votoms OVA "The Last Red Shoulder" (rewatch) great OVA that fits really perfectly into the TV series. I haven't read much about the production of the series but If I had to guess I'd say that maybe the episode count of the TV show was reduced and some stuff was sacrificed as this OVA explains certain events of the TV series a little better and fills in some gaps rather well.

Yeah, I think that's right - without looking it up, something in the back of my mind says Last Red Shoulder and Big Battle were both originally intended to be part of the main series.

The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan Ep 10-13
Not much happens in these episodes apart from Nagato changing personality (more like the android version in TMOHS) after a shock, falling in love with Kyon all over again and then recovering. So right back where we were after 9 pretty much.
Decided to try watching through the Funimation website on the PS4 browser, much better than the app!

Last edited:
Girls' Last Tour-Episode 2

Love Live! Sunshine!! Season 2-Episode 2

Some great Hanamaru in this episode, I definitely approve!

Ancient Magus' Bride-Episode 2

Still liking this a whole bunch, although not a lot really happened this week until the last couple of minutes, which I thought felt a bit rushed.

Blend S-Episode 2

Encouragement of Climb-Episodes 13 and 14

That Firefly episode was both adorable and wonderfully animated.

31 Days of Halloween Day 14: Saw III (2006, Darren Lynn Bouseman) Another decent entry in the franchise, and the beginning of the more extensively gruesome traps being prominent.

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond
episode 2 That was some awesomeness

The Ancient Magus' Bride A solid episode but way to rush the ending...

When they Cry episodes 9-26 (Complete. This was an intriguing series dealing with messed up individuals killing each other in different ways. Each of the arcs acts as a sort of reset to the events, starting off innocently and then going to hell over the course of a few episodes.

WTC deals with some heavy themes and manages not to overdo the violence and gore, though damn the facial expressions are borderline ridiculous. Character-wise, I found the MC to be likeable (if a little gullible). The others are also enjoyable and complex, as we see them snap in different ways and how they're affected by the "curse".

I didn't have many issues with the story overall, but it does gets a little convoluted at times, and has a few unanswered questions (guess that's what Kai is for). The series also had a habit of making sympathetic characters unlikeable by the end of arcs,
for example, the "Curse Killing" and "Eye Opening" arcs were pretty unsatisfying.
However, I do overall appreciate the reasons that said characters had for their actions within the narratives.

Some of the character interactions seemed bizarre as well. I.e
Satoshi apologising to Shion even though Shion was the one who almost beat the shite out of his sister
for example.

Overall this is a fun and fascinating psychological horror anime with an intriguing structure that manages to overcome some ott facial expressions and some personal character problems. It also has a great OP.) 4/5

When they Cry Kai
episodes 1-13

Kino's Journey: The Beautiful World ep2

The episode name rather implied it, but I still didn't expect this to re-adapt a story already covered in the 2003 series - I thought this season was a sequel.

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War ep2

I'd have probably enjoyed this more if I hadn't stupidly read a spoiler for it beforehand. That aside, I'll be disappointed if the show sets up an obvious hero (as seems increasingly likely), it seemed fresher to me when it looked like the characters were going to be in shades of grey.

Back