Your viewing journal

Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-: Battle in Nagoya (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-12 (Complete)
Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-: Seraph of the Endless (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-9 (Complete)
Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-: Seraph of the Endless Battle in Nagoya (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4 (Complete)

Blood Blockade Battlefront and Beyond-Episode 1

Despite what some people say, I actually think this felt almost exactly the same as the first series. Any doubts for me have been put to rest.

Katanagatari-Episode 4

Easily the the best episode so far, this episode was fantastic from start to finish. Shame we never did see that sword fight though.

Himouto! Umaru-chan R-Episode 1

This sure is more Umaru-chan.

Encouragement of Climb Season 2-Episodes 1-5

Finding out the episodes have gone from 3 minutes long to 13 minutes long did slightly scarper my plans for marathoning this show today, but if it means more of it, I'm happy.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep 1-6 (2009 broadcast order)
All I knew going in was that it was about an after school club dedicated to the discovery of odd stuff, which paid off when it was revealed that the members of said club all had their own oddities, except Kyon of course!

Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU (English dub) - Episodes 10-12 (Complete)

Very good series. I enjoyed the comedy throughout, though I wasn't invested in some of the episodes. Despite me giving it an 8/10 I do recommend this season highly.

My backlog is progressing well, I was able to finish 5 shows in about 8 days:
#1 | Absolute Duo
#2 | Blood Blockade Battlefront
#3 | Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor
#4 | Seraph of the End -Vampire Reign-: Battle in Nagoya
#5 | Full Metal Panic? FUMOFFU

The next set of on-disc titles I aim to watch next are:
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya Season 1
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Heart Throb
No-Rin
Nyaruko: Crawling With Love Season 2

Last edited:
Crusher Joe OVA 2: The Ultimate Weapon Ash. Another good entry in the series. A real shame they didn't make more Crusher Joe OVAs as like the first one it's perfectly paced and for such an old OVA looks absolutely gorgeous in terms of art, animation and design. While the plot maybe isn't quite as good as the previous OVA it's pretty exciting and action packed and there's some great imaginative ideas in it. I recommend both the movie and both OVAs to fans of old school anime.

Last edited:
Angel Beats - Episodes 1-4 (Dubbed) - Urgh... I care for my friend dearly but thank God they go home tomorrow and I no longer feel obligated to watch trash like this anymore (I will however still watch my own blend of trash, of course).

The Ancient Magus Bride - Part 1-3 and Episode 1 - Yeeeeeah this was pretty great, thoroughly enjoyed it and very much looking forward to more.

Last edited:
31 Days of Halloween Day 8: Puppet Master 5 (1994, Jeff Burr) These films are a lot of fun, should check out the newest entry Axis Termination when I get the chance.

Tokyo Ghoul (Rewatch) episodes 7-12 (Complete. Having re-read the manga recently I decided to reappraise the anime to see how it adapted the initial 60-something chapters. I think I was a little harsh in my initial rating. It isn't an amazing adaptation, and it does cut a fair bit out to fit the 12 episode length but it could have been worse.

There's some great animation and solid voice acting that brings Sui Ishida's creation to life. It's just a shame that the series won't get a more FMAB style redux anytime soon. The OP and ED were also great. Overall this was decent, even if it's missing elements.) 3.5/5

Tokyo Ghoul Root A (Rewatch)
episodes 1-12 (Complete. The ever controversial second season of TG that faced A lot of criticism for changing the Second half of the Manga story and taking a different "route".

Whilst I agree that the manga route is better, I choose to see this anime as it's own thing. I find it fascinating to see how they incorporated the new content in with the manga stuff. Some of the scenes were especially well done, my favourite being
The final interaction between Yoshimura and Yukinori as they drink coffee and put their differences aside for that moment
. When the anime is covering scenes from the manga, it often hits the mark, and even the anime only content isn't as bad as some other examples.

What’s sucks is the fact that we have yet to see a faithful adaptation of the latter half of the story, and as mentioned before, it's doubtful that we'll see it anytime soon.

Also the OP is pretty shite, like a Bjork/Kate Bush song gone wrong. The change to the ending was also a little lacklustre, sure
Ken carrying Hide's corpse for three minutes
was impactful, but it, along with Ken vs Arima makes the upcoming Re adaptation difficult due to inconsistencies. Maybe they'll disregard the changes, who knows?

Overall, this is an interesting what-if scenario for TG's conclusion and I think it's pretty good, it's not amazing but I think it's mostly negative reputation isn't deserved. The soundtrack is also amazing, and hits the right beats throughout. That fucken piano piece gets me every time.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ep 7-11 (2009 order)
The quest to keep Haruhi from getting bored continues.
Next up the Endless Eight episodes, I wonder if I can get through them!

Back