Your viewing journal

Kino's Journey: The Beautiful World ep1

It figures that the gatekeeper of not-America would be not-Charles Bronson.

DLfg7bYWkAAW4xU.jpg

31 Days of Halloween Day 6: The Funhouse (1981, Tobe Hooper) A decent horror set in a funfair directed by the awesome Tobe Hooper. Good stuff.

Popee the Performer
episodes 21-25

The Perfect Insider episodes 1-11 (Complete. This was an enjoyable short and well-made mystery thriller with a great pair of MCs and an intriguing narrative.) 4/5

Tiger and Bunny episodes 1-13

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10
Blood Blockade Battlefront (English dub) - Episodes 8-12 (Complete)
Blood Blockade Battlefront (English dub) - Episode 10.5 Recap

Appleseed XIII episodes 11–13 (complete)

So... the plot became rather convoluted from episode 11, and I got kind of lost for a bit.

And the title's misleading: this is actually Appleseed XII + I OVA.

Konohana Kitan Episode 1 Rewatch

Rewatch... Yes that is one of the quickest rewatches I've had in a while

I love this show. Its such a light hearted /make me smile/ show with outstanding visuals, great character designs and VA's. It's been a long time since I can say with 100% certainty.... I cannot wait to watch Episode 2.

Juni Taisen: Zodiac War - Episode 1
King's Game - Episode 1
The first two shows of the new season I decided to watch, and while the premises sounded interesting, the first episodes failed to impress. Especially King's Game had a very weak first episode IMO. Will continue to watch them, but it doesn't really bode well.

Encouragement of Climb - Episode 1-12 (complete)
Encouragement of Climb S2 - Episode 1
Given that it Crunchyroll's license for the second season will expire soon, I decided to watch it before it's too late. Quite liking it so far, just a fun little show.:)

Hozuki no Reitetsu Season 2 - Episode 1

Great starting episode to the second season of Hozuki. Was very funny, and studio deen did a good job not dropping the quality of the show.

The Ancient Magus Bride - Episode 1

Slow start, but I expected that for the show from the get go. I'm excited to see where it goes because the animation is beautiful, and its soundtrack when used was great.

Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond - Episode 1

Was an ok first episode, but I feel like it lacked something the first season had. I'm not too terribly excited, but will see how episode 2 goes.

Hozuki's Coolheadedness ep 5 - 8
Blend S ep 1 I enjoyed the first episode it remind me a little bit of Working, hopefully it will be as good.
Welcome to the Ballroom ep 14
Fox Spirit Matchmaker ep 14

Blend S-Episode 1

I liked this quite a bit! Nothing overly special mind, but some light fun, and the gimmick of the personality cafe is an enjoyable one, and certainly one with comic potential.

Love Live Sunshine! Season 2-Episode 1

Nice to see this deviating from Season 2 of the original Love Live, S1 of Sunshine got a lot of flack for copying the story beats of the original, so S2 doubling down on the school angle when S2 of the OG series had totally discarded it is promising.

Ancient Magus Bride-Episode 1

Yeah, this has pretty much stolen the season for me so far. Really great all around straight from the off. If this sticks the landing, it could be something really special, highly recommend everyone give this one a shot.

31 Days of Halloween Day 7: Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978, Phillip Kaufman)
IMG_0938.JPG
No comment required...

Tiger and Bunny
episodes 14-25 (Complete. Before MHA took the reins of being a well-known and well-loved superhero anime, there was this. The series is fun and has a likeable cast of heroes, with the titular leads going through the predictable hero story threads and coming out of it in a stronger second half (The first half is predictable but well-written, whilst the second takes a more interesting turn)

The series also has two movies, the latter taking place after the series, which I'll buy eventually. Overall this is a good series, but falls into the story cliches of Superhero narratives at times, though doing it well in the process.) 4/5

Tokyo Ghoul OVAs: Pinto/Jack (Complete. These were nice little insights into the backgrounds of several TG characters, adapted from a spin-off prequel manga and a story from a novel. With so many people in the series it's nice to see some backstory that couldn't be incorporated into the narrative. I found Jack to be the better of the two, but they're both good for different reasons) 4/5, 4/5

Tokyo Ghoul (Rewatch)
episodes 1-6

Last edited:
Back from holiday so catching up on the new season and watching some of the old

Ep 1 of Blood Blockade Battlefront & Beyond...still great
Ep 1 of The Ancient Magus' Bride...stunning, makes me want to get the manga now
Ep 1 of Black Clover...i love the manga but i do hope the VA for Asta tones it down a bit
Ep 1 of Juni Taisen...i'll give it a couple of more episodes before i decide to carry on
Ep 1 of Sengoku Night Blood...she took the whole being in a different world rather well
Eps 12 & 13 of Shoukoku no Altair
Ep 24 of Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul (complete)...i loved the start of it and then the last few episodes ruined it. The last episode i was going WTF Charioce still king but blind and considered a hero...surely the demons and gods would have wanted him dead at the end, Nina lost her voice, they should have just let Kaisar stay dead, he looked aweful as a zombie at the end, i really thought that El was going to come back to life and help win the battle what with doing lingering shots on him in the last episode, the final battle was far too short and easy. Seriously the end of this anime was a mess which is a shame as it started so well
Ep 1 of Taisho Mebiusline Chicchaisen...only 3 mins but it got my fujoshi heart beating right at the end
Ep 1 of The Idolm@ster Side M...i'll give it a few more episodes
Ep 1 of Tsukipro The Animation...like it better than Side M

Nine people attend my second October Monthly Movie Night showing of Wonder Woman 3D in my basement projection theater this evening; but after the rest of the crowd left at the end of the movie, my mother and the next door neighbor couple stayed on to continue watching some more Last Exile up on the big 120" screen. We had already completed the original series two weekends ago, and finished the first Blu-ray of the second season, Fam, The Silver Wing, last weekend - so tonight we watched the second disc, episodes 7-11. This is a rewatch for me; they are all seeing it for the first time. I've been successful in getting all three of them hooked on anime, so I now have some people to watch anime with in a small group, instead of by myself all the time...

Nine people attend my second October Monthly Movie Night showing of Wonder Woman 3D in my basement projection theater this evening; but after the rest of the crowd left at the end of the movie, my mother and the next door neighbor couple stayed on to continue watching some more Last Exile up on the big 120" screen. We had already completed the original series two weekends ago, and finished the first Blu-ray of the second season, Fam, The Silver Wing, last weekend - so tonight we watched the second disc, episodes 7-11. This is a rewatch for me; they are all seeing it for the first time. I've been successful in getting all three of them hooked on anime, so I now have some people to watch anime with in a small group, instead of by myself all the time...

I love Last Exile it still baffles me to this day why there is no western Blu Ray of the first season. It's one of those shows I want Anime Limited to rescue at some point.

Back