Your viewing journal

Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis (English dub) - Film

Pretty interesting film. I felt the pacing is a bit off and the story a bit all-over the place but overall the visuals were pretty good especially on Blu-ray.

Anime Backlog Progress (aiming for 10 titles finished per month):
June 2017:

Attack on Titan [Season 2]
Berserk [2017]
Kizumonogatari II: Nekketsu
Knights of Sidonia [Compilation Movie]
Nyoron Churuya-san
Persona 3 the Movie -#1 Spring of Birth-
Persona 3 the Movie -#2 Midsummer Knight's Dream-
Persona 3 the Movie -#3 Falling Down-
Persona 3 the Movie -#4 Winter of Rebirth-
Voices of a Distant Star

July 2017:

Belladonna of Sadness
Eden of the East
Eden of the East: Air Communication
Eden of the East: The King of Eden
Eden of the East: Paradise Lost
Eureka Seven
Eureka Seven Astral Ocean
Interviews with Monster Girls
Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
Saga of Tanya the Evil

August 2017:

Monogatari series: Second Season
Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis
Robotics;Notes

WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?

Last edited:
Kurau Phantom Memory episodes 11-24 (Complete. This was a fascinating science fiction series with a likeable sister bond and some cool ideas and concepts. It's a shame it's become somewhat obscured into the SAVE status since it deserves more attention.) 3.5/5

Boruto: Naruto next generations
episode 19

Corpse Princess 7 all your attacks bounce off my JUSTICE
Aho Girl 6 sand wang. I shall say no more. an idiot's power is certainly a creative one

I'm off shifts for now, so I'm planning to maybe finish Corpse Princess and watch more of Outlaw Star and Escaflowne

Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu ep 4-5. Characters are actually being killed off, that's a surprise.

Love & Lies ep 5-6. Government enforced shagging. Certainly a different kind of dystopia.

Thought about watching it, how is so far

It's an alright series, I'm enjoying the silly humour it has (one of the episodes had a mecha version of the flying cat that made me laugh). I would give it a 6-7/10 personally. It's streaming on Crunchyroll and Funimation if you want to try it out.

Sailor Moon R-Episodes 32-34

This has gotten a little weak again since Esmeralda turned up. Was on a run of great episodes too but now it's kinda mediocre again.

Made in Abyss-Episode 6

That underlying darkness is starting to come to the forefront again.

Food Wars-Episodes 10-12

I wish Soma was as interesting a character as Megumi.

Dragon Ball-Episodes 55-57 (On Hold)

These last few episodes were almost enough to make me want to watch the Dr. Slump anime. Until I saw it was 250+ episodes. This is going on hold until I pick up Season 3, which will probably be next week.

Back