Your viewing journal

Discussion in 'General Anime Chit-Chat' started by Miaka-chan, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Lord Bacchus

Lord Bacchus Dandy Guy, in Space

Eromanga Sensei ep 1. All I can say about it at this point is "yep, that's gonna be exactly like Oreimo".
    Seriously, even the ending of the first episode has hints that the loli harem is already taking shape.

Fate/Zero rewatch ep 1-4. This is still bloody amazing. The end scene of the first episode still sends chills down my back, and 2011 animation looking better than pretty much everything being produced right now just goes to show that Ufotable are still many vertical miles above the competition when they pull out all the stops.

2. IncendiaryLemon

IncendiaryLemon Captain Karen AUKN Staff

Bleach-Episodes 349 and 350

Orihime's personality is giving me whiplash.

Clockwork Planet-Episode 2

I'm not really digging this at all. Kind of annoyed me how they don't explain how the military thought it was a good idea to purge 20 million people and are generally super vague about it.

3. HWR

HWR Hunter

Sankarea episodes 1-6

4. orgun

orgun Stand User

Paprika (Blu-ray)

I haven't seen this since I bought 6 or 7 years ago, still think this is a great film.

ACCA 13 - Episodes 1 - 3

I quite liked the look of ACCA 13 and Lewis enjoyed it so I thought I'd give it a go, quite like it so far.

5. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Pokémon Master

Beyond the Boundary eps 6-12 (Complete)

6. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Combat Butler

Ep 1 of Natsume Yuujinchou Roku...an anime that soothes the soul
    Ep 1 of Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt 2nd Season

7. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

Up to episode 124 of Shipudden and Man, the Itachi pursuit arc has been great so far, as were the Kakashi Gaiden episodes in the middle.

8. orgun

orgun Stand User

ACCA 13 - Episodes 4 - 6

9. IncendiaryLemon

Shimoneta-Episode 1-4

I'm reviewing this, so I won't say much, but I don't think I'm a fan of this, at least so far.

Hinako Note-Episode 2

Not as funny as last week, but still really cute.

Berserk (2017)-Episode 3

Wow, Griffeth isn't wasting any time, is he?

Bleach-Episode 351

10. Ian Wolf

Ian Wolf Baka Ranger AUKN Staff

Clockwork Planet, Ep. 2.

11. Lord Bacchus

I totally understand what you mean about Shimoneta. I tried to watch it, and while I appreciate what the anime is satirising, I don't think the message neccessarily translates to quality entertainment.

12. IncendiaryLemon

My problem is that it seems to think that simply saying sexual things is funny. Sex comedies can work, but they have to be situational. I think No-Rin was how to do it right. It did have a lot of sex jokes, but they were always in really absurd, over the top situations, and that's what made it funny. One of the jokes in Shimoneta is literally a character rolling on the floor repeating the word penis and vagina. That's not funny, that's just dumb.

13. Lord Bacchus

Yeah, that's what put me off on it too. It's the type of thing a ten year old boy might find funny. Except a ten year old boy isn't technically allowed to watch it because it's rated 18. :D I don't normally drop shows after one episode because I like to give things a fair chance, but I dropped that show in a heartbeat because I knew it was just going to be the same thing for another 11 episodes.

14. Professor Irony

Professor Irony Cardcaptor

Shimoneta went down pretty well when the local club aired it. I think criticising it for merely inserting the word 'penis' into a sentence, and assuming this constitutes a joke, is a fair point, but generally I found the madcap enthusiasm with which it enters into its own increasingly ridiculous setup carried it through.

15. IncendiaryLemon

I'm only 4 episodes in, so maybe it'll get funny to me, but I'm not so sure.

16. Professor Irony

Professor Irony Cardcaptor

Nah. If you didn't find it funny within the first couple of episodes, I doubt anything it does going forward will change your mind.

17. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Combat Butler

Eps 1 & 2 of Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul

18. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Pokémon Master

Sankarea eps 1-4

HWR likes this.
  19. HWR

HWR Hunter

Sankarea episodes 5-13 (Complete. That was a nice surprise, the anime handles the topics it tackles with sensitivity and is very enjoyable as a result, one hopes that they'd make another season someday 4/5)

Attack on Titan episode 28

My Hero Academia episode 16

Berserk 2017 episode 15

Shakugan no Shana episodes 1-4

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  20. britguy

britguy Za Warudo

Watched up to 133 of Naruto Shippuden, man, 133 had me on the verge
    Jirayas death was extremely well done, and powerfully emotional imo