Your viewing journal

Chaos;Child ep 6. I always try to finish any anime I start, but a series like this makes me wonder if I should make a rare exception.

Long Riders
ep 11-12 (complete). There was a gap of a few weeks before these last episodes aired, during which I completely forgot this series even existed until stumbling upon it again today. Was there always so much CG in this? The switching back and forth between CG and normal animation styles was a bit jarring, in the same way it is in Arslan. The series itself is yet another K-On cut-and-paste show, this time with bicycle riding being the center of the girls attention. It's mildly amusing and somewhat cute, but not nearly on the same level as some other anime of this type.

Nyanko Days ep 6. The levels of kawaii in this series must surely pose a health hazard.

Saga of Tanya The Evil ep 6. Love it. It's completely ridiculous and I love it.

Ouran High School Host Club ep 4 - 6
One Piece ep 347 - 348
Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju ep 6 - 7
Haibane Renmei ep 11 - 13
Spiritpact ep 7
Rewrite ep 19
March Comes in Like a Lion ep 18
Gintama ep 323
The Dragon Dentist ep 1

Been watching nothing but Gin Tama over the past couple weeks. Up to episode 39. Each episode feels fresh and fun so far, hence why i keep coming back and haven't got bored yet!

Gabriel Dropout-Episode 7

I NEED VIGNE TO SING ME TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT.

No-Rin-Episode 1

There was a whole scene about how Eggplants look really phallic and one of the characters is nicknamed 'Tits McGee'

And I thought it was hilarious.

Interviews with Monster Girls ep7

Maybe it's part of succubus lore that I'm not aware of, but seriously, what is the deal with that horse in the op? It freaks me out.

Also if Kurz isn't a werewolf, I will buy a hat just to eat it.

Clements was as informative and entertaining as ever.

I wish someone would persuade him to do commentaries again, extras like that make me infinitely more likely to buy a physical release.

I wish someone would persuade him to do commentaries again, extras like that make me infinitely more likely to buy a physical release.

Hear, hear. His commentary on Manga's DVD of Appleseed (the 1988 OVA) is another great one. I love the part where he brings up that line from the film Die Hard, Yippee ki-yay, motherf***er, and explains that in the Japanese version it became Yappari, baka yarou, which he translates as "That's what I thought would happen, you country bumpkin."

I actually bought Vampire Hunter D because it's got a Clements commentary track on it. (It turned out to be a surprisingly decent film as well, though.) I even nearly bought Detonator Orgun for the same reason, so it's definitely a big selling point for me, too. :)

Has he officially stopped doing commentaries, or is it just the way things have gone?

Ulysses 31 - Episodes 14 - 21

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 44

I like the way IBO develops the characters, but the lack of action slows the show done too much IMHO.

Dragon Dentist ep1

Not having seen the original short, I was unsure what to expect from this, but that was very impressive indeed. There's a sense of Ghibli-lite about the proceedings, but it plays a shade darker than I think the House of Totoro generally would, and I think the explicit discussion of fatalistic death gives it more weight than many of the other pretenders.

Soul Eater NOT! (episodes 1–5)

As a long-time Soul Eater fan, I'm loving literally everything about this. The comedy is side-splitting: Meme takes forgetfulness to a new level!

Meme: [Wakes up drowsily, pats top of head] Where are my glasses?
Anya: Meme-san, you don't wear glasses.
Meme: Heh? I don't?

Legendary. :D

Dragon Dentist - episode 1
The original short was one of my favourites of the Japan Animator Expo shorts, so I was really looking forward to seeing it. They managed to keep the same feel to it as the short IMHO and was overall very nice.

GochiUsa S2 - episode 5-6
For some reason stopped watching the show while it was airing for no particular reason. Finally decided to continue watching it and it's still as great as I remember.:)

Sabagebu! ep8-9

This show continues to hover between being gloriously stupid and just straight up inane, but I am impressed that they not only managed a Mad Max spoof, but also managed to work into that a joke about Picnic at Hanging Rock. That is going the extra mile.

Bakemonogatari ep8-9

While I would have sworn I've seen the show at least twice through before, I remember almost nothing about the Nadeko Snake arc, other than that theme tune.

Back