Your viewing journal

Show by Rock-Episodes 1-4

I'll save any comprehensive thoughts for my full review which I'm writing for the site, but I'll say this much, I am really not impressed so far.

Fuuka-Episode 7

Is it just me, or was Fuuka totally in the wrong for getting mad at Yuu? Like, yes he saw Koyuki and didn't tell her, but so what? Why should Yuu have to tell her about every single thing he does and person he meets? If they were actually dating, and Yuu was seeing another girl alone behind her back, sure, but at the moment they're not, so I don't think she had any right to be so angry.

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga-Episode 6

Always nice to see some more Shiro.

I also was quite the fan of Kanna towards the end too.
Kanna_sparkle.jpg

Fuuka ep 7 - Fuuka is actually worst girl in her own show. Tama is a far more interesting character and I defiantly ship her & Yuu. Good to see an anime address the negative effects of social media even though it felt a bit forced.

Konosuba 2 episode 5.
Akiba's Trip The Animation episode 6.
Fuuka episode 7.

Fuuka is actually worst girl in her own show. Tama is a far more interesting character
For me it's the other way around. Tama is too gloomy and miserable for my liking.

Is it just me, or was Fuuka totally in the wrong for getting mad at Yuu?
Think she got annoyed because she clearly likes him, so she was probably a tad jealous.

Last edited:
Watched up to episode 21 of Gintama, getting to the point where I already really like this show. The characters are great (especially several of the supporting cast outside of the main three such as the Shinsengumi guys and Hasegawa.

One Piece ep 332 - 336
Strike the Blood ep 20 - 24
Haibane Renmei ep 5 - 7
Sage of Tanya the Evil ep 6
Interview With Monster Girls ep 6
Rewrite ep 18
March Comes in Like a Lion ep 17

A Silent Voice

Went up to Sheffield with @NormanicGrav, @jaden550 and @Jaysgba to catch one of the early showings of A Silent Voice, and I really loved it! It has a great cast of characters that are all really well developed and fleshed out given that it's a 2 hour film, and the main character went through an incredibly satisfying arc. The animation was top notch, as you expect from KyoAni, and I also enjoyed the few bits of comedic relief sprinkled here and there. Only real complaint I have is in regards to the romance angle, as we never see Nishimiya actually get with Ishida, despite an awkward confession that goes misunderstood. I suppose you could argue that, in broad terms, it's not really about the romance at all, but more the friendship, but it felt a bit weird that it ended without them getting into a relationship. However, that's a very minor flaw, in a really superb movie. Definitely check out a showing if you can. I hotly anticipate a home video release! I also think I'll give the manga a shot too, given it's on CR.

A Silent Voice [Koe no Katachi] (Japanese audio) - Film

Being able to see this at a local cinema was great. Also got the chance to meet Lemon, Jay and Jaden in person was also fun to see. The film overall is definitely one of the best released in 2016, and as much as I really enjoyed it I am disappointed certain parts of the manga were cut out. It made sense and in some cases it actually makes the pacing better, but I'll save the explanations until everyone else gets to see it first.

A Silent Voice is a great film. There is one plot thread they missed from the manga as Grav said, but it doesn't affect the overall story too much IMO. I didn't really think that particular plot thread added that much to the story when I read it and the film made perfect sense without it, so I'm not that disappointed that it was excluded. The film would've dragged otherwise.

Gantz (episodes 8–13)

Those Suzuki robots were something else. I didn't know whether to laugh at them or be scared sh**less.

I'm glad that you are enjoying it :)

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 2nd Season eps 5 and 6

I dont even need to watch the rest of the show to know that this is a 10 out 10 like the first season. A pure gem that only appears once in a while. This is just too damn good, everyone needs to try. Great story, great characters, great characters development and much more. In my opinion, the 1st season was the best of 2016 along with Erased.

Tanya the Evil ep6

The planes were kind of cool, but I feel like this series has plateaued and needs something to shake it up before it becomes stale. Even if it is almost literally Tanya vs. The World now, there's rather a lack of dramatic tension.

K2 Konosuba ep5

Two Darkness episodes in quick succession, I can't

Tanya the Evil ep6

The planes were kind of cool, but I feel like this series has plateaued and needs something to shake it up before it becomes stale. Even if it is almost literally Tanya vs. The World now, there's rather a lack of dramatic tension.

I'm on the edge to drop it after episode 3. Besides Tanya there's no other interesting character. I was hoping for more action but nothing seems to happen..

Ao Oni the Animation (Japanese audio) - Film

So Crunchyroll added the film onto their catalogue today and I decided to check it out since it was only 60 minutes long. The first half is pretty much setup and the second half is where the escalation occurs. The CG is pretty bad but in a sense it actually works because it just makes the death scenes even funnier. The characters are pretty forgettable; one person gets tons of development and then suddenly get's K.O.'d out of nowhere. The ending was pretty hilarious now that I look back at it, but overall this film is a decent watch. I say it's great fanservice for fans of the game but overall it's an average 5/10.

And in case you're wondering, this was done by studio DEEN:
jrNHhzYh.png

fMmAsuIh.png

RADozU7h.png

GowuZwrh.png

hSTkqgOh.png

n1lSqXXh.png

c0bpEtdh.png

4rGfcvxh.png

IE2FvTgh.png

NzrFGQih.png

lJldqA9h.png

EqUkmAUh.png

4sQikxNh.png

QNo4IuTh.png

5Fft6kch.png

4bzmktuh.png

3m3JTQ8h.png

MpHR4clh.png

EAM5Ghnh.png

LoFq2Dhh.png

zERVtwWh.png

L7vFybih.png

d4bB2qOh.png

a3UQWzsh.png

nwAMHn8h.png

K7XS46Rh.png

mAJiS97h.png

yh1cogSh.png

And credit to @Joshawott:
7bvL3bT.png

I'm on the edge to drop it after episode 3. Besides Tanya there's no other interesting character. I was hoping for more action but nothing seems to happen..

Truthfully, I may end up dropping it as well. The cod-WWI setting and its political manoeuvring has kept me interested thus far, but the show has yet to do anything with it of any great significance. I'll give it another episode yet.

ReLIFE - Episode 9 -13 (Complete)
Really enjoyed this show from start to finish. The only thing I didn't like was that Hishiro turns out to be the first test subject. In my opinion this takes away a bit of the magic and doesn't really make a whole lot of sense. But I'll just pretend that it didn't happen :)

Back