Your viewing journal

Yuri!!! on Ice (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-4

Yuri-on-Ice-02-3.jpg

So yeah... I'm watching this series.

Outbreak Company-Episodes 9-12 (Complete)

A fun little fantasy comedy, nothing spectacular, but enjoyable all the same. Solid 7/10.

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desu Kara S2-Episode 8

I swear, if I had a pound for everytime Miton got abused in this show...

Sound! Euphonium S2-Episode 8

Another brilliant episode. I love how they're fleshing out the relationship with Kumiko and her sister that was introduced in S1 but not really touched upon much. Seeing those flashbacks was kind of heartbreaking knowing where the two are now, but I'm not going to lie, seeing little Kumiko was the most adorable thing ever.

Mobile Police Patlabor: Reboot

A very faithful, competent update for the franchise. It may not bring anything particularly innovative to the table, but it's a handsomely produced short that certainly got a chuckle out of me with its mild subversion of my expectations for the new characters. Feels very much like a proof of concept for something larger, so I would not be surprised if there was more on the way.

Flip Flappers-Episode 8

The visuals blew me away again this week. I adore the whole neon on black aesthetic, it kind of reminded me of Tron Legacy. Of course, all the mecha stuff was awesome too, and I was really getting both Evangelion and Gurren Lagann vibes from the whole thing. Speaking of which, perhaps one of the more knowledage Evangelion fans might be able to help me here. Is this shot here:

YhWQble.jpg

a reference to Evangelion? I'm almost certain it's a reference to a shot in some anime, and I think it's Eva, but I'm not too sure. If anyone knows exactly what shot it is homaging, let me know!

Keijo-Episode 8

I'M STILL IN A DREAM

xPsEFxD.jpg

Last edited:
Your Name [Kimi no Na wa.] (Japanese audio) - Film

Got the opportunity to watch this film at my local Cineworld, along with about 18-19 others from my anime society. The film overall was surprisingly awesome, and I was not expecting it to go down in that direction at all. While I would honestly give it a 10/10, I do have some minor issues and that mainly applies to the intro because it was pretty tricky to follow at times, but after that it was perfectly fine.

The Cineworld screening also chopped off the top and bottom parts (and I assume that's because this film is not widescreen) but the subs weren't affected which is good.

Back