Your viewing journal

Alderamin on the Sky ep 3.

Amanchu ep 3. "Don't stop breathing." That's good life advice in general, not just for diving.

Berserk s2 ep 4. Oh, character development. I honestly wasn't expecting any of that.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san ep 5-9. The put-downs in this anime are incredible. It also makes me want to eat noodles.

Handa-kun ep 3. I wasn't really feeling this episode, I think I wasn't in the right mood for it.

Heart x Hybrid Magias Academy Ataraxia ep 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to get out of my anime rut.

Watched all of Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 and the first disc of Kokoro Connect. I also finished the second disc of Durarara x2 although I'm going to rewatch half again as I stopped paying attention and it deserves my attention!!

Orange-Episode 4

I was very pleased that this episode addressed Naho's feelings on following the letter's advice. I think an easy criticism of the show could be that Naho not following the advice in the letter is dumb as it leads to better outcomes 100% of the time, at least going off of what we've seen. Whilst I think that it's obvious most of the things in the letter are easier said than done, I'm glad they directly say that Naho's having a hard time mustering up the courage to do some of those things and address her feelings on the matter.

Bananya-Episode 4

A tale of friendship, love and betrayal, all in 3 minutes.

New Game!-Episode 4

The first half alone made this a 10/10.

Re:Zero - Episode 17 - Waaaaaaaaah? o_O First off Rem ;-; say it ain't so, I don't think she's coming back this time....Is it safe to assume that the White Whale killing/taking/eating someone wipes them from existence/memory? Because when Subaru was talking talking to Otto, Otto knew who Rem was and then suddenly didn't half way through the conversation, which would pinpoint the moment Rem died/was taken/ate and that's kinda awful. But at the same time, how do they remember the Master Swordsman if he was killed by the White Whale? If the whole memory wipe thing is accurate anyway. But also Puck is back baby! And it's about damn time. As a sidenote, is it Puck or Pack? I thought it was Puck but I'm reading that his name is actually Pack. The end of this episode was pretty great (if that's the correct word), really loving this show.

After I watched this episode my Cruchyroll queue moved on to some kind of shorts or something without me adding them, not sure what they are (just some lighthearted fun I guess, and god knows I could use it after some of these episodes) but I'll give em a try.

91 Days - Episode 1 - Oh my, this looks like it's gonna be right up my street going by the first episode.

Re. Puck - I believe it's definitely suppose Puck, which would make sense too if it's supposed to be a reference to the Shakespeare character from A Midsummer Night's Dream.

I imagine the 'Pack' is due to the Japanese spelling of his name being パック - which is technically phonetically sounded as 'Pakku'

Buzzkillington said:
Re:Zero - Episode 17 - Waaaaaaaaah? o_O First off Rem ;-; say it ain't so, I don't think she's coming back this time....Is it safe to assume that the White Whale killing/taking/eating someone wipes them from existence/memory? Because when Subaru was talking talking to Otto, Otto knew who Rem was and then suddenly didn't half way through the conversation, which would pinpoint the moment Rem died/was taken/ate and that's kinda awful. But at the same time, how do they remember the Master Swordsman if he was killed by the White Whale? If the whole memory wipe thing is accurate anyway. But also Puck is back baby! And it's about damn time. As a sidenote, is it Puck or Pack? I thought it was Puck but I'm reading that his name is actually Pack. The end of this episode was pretty great (if that's the correct word), really loving this show.

Another reason I think that Rem isn't coming back is that I think the bed that he wakes up in might be a "save" point.
I think (and this is just a theory) that a new loop point is based on location. My only real evidence of this is that he's reset at the market twice now, making me think that it could be a reset point. In the latest episode, he wakes up in the bed where the second loop point began, so I think that this could be the start of a loop again.

This one is a bit more of a stretch but would be interesting to see. That and I think that him traveling back to the mansion has been done at this point...

Lutga said:
Re. Puck - I believe it's definitely suppose Puck, which would make sense too if it's supposed to be a reference to the Shakespeare character from A Midsummer Night's Dream.

I imagine the 'Pack' is due to the Japanese spelling of his name being パック - which is technically phonetically sounded as 'Pakku'

Not watching the show but want to add that the name of the Shakespeare character is written the exact same way in Japanese because Pukku would also not sound quite right (Poock?). I've always assumed it was meant to be Puck.

Anyone remember the silliness with a vocal minority insisting for years that the Berserk lead was called Gattsu?

R

Rui said:
Lutga said:

Not watching the show but want to add that the name of the Shakespeare character is written the exact same way in Japanese because Pukku would also not sound quite right (Poock?). I've always assumed it was meant to be Puck.

Anyone remember the silliness with a vocal minority insisting for years that the Berserk lead was called Gattsu?

R

And don't get me started on Zoro / Zolo from One Piece or Kuroro / Chrollo from Hunter x Hunter...

Mob Psycho 100-Episode 3

The funniest episode so far, I was laughing all the way through. Animation still remains impressive. Preview for next week has piqued my interest after seeing that guy who looks identical to Josuke for JoJo.

Bleach-Episodes 263-265

FILLER IS OVER FOR NOW. HOORAH.

Mob Psycho 100 ep3

Feeling a little underwhelmed by that one. The stuff with the clubs was funny, but I was disappointed in the reveal for Mob's explosion. I assumed the gag would be that he was a walking nuke (a la Akira) or at least was not in control of himself during his episode. Just having him go super saiyan really isn't that interesting.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san ep 10-12 (complete). A great series for a giggle. A wonderful comedy series about a self-proclaimed emotionless girl, or 'doll' as she calls herself, living with some gender-swapping bishie spirit animals, because anime.

Mobile Suit Gundam ep 1-2. Not too bad for such an old series, and it's exceeded my expectations so far. I do find Fraw Bow's voice grating though (I'm watching the japanese dub) and have to keep the volume turned down as a result.

Okami San and Her Seven Companions-Episodes 1-4

This show is pretty decent. JC Staff's animation looks as good as always, although I don't really reckon much to the characters, it's still fairly entertaining, and the fourth wall breaking narrator has gotten a few good laughs out of me. Solid 7/10 show, so far anyway.

Re: Zero Break Time Shorts-Episodes 1-11 (Complete)

Considering recent episodes have lacked any lightheartedness at all, these shorts were nice to see.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Okami San and Her Seven Companions-Episodes 1-4

This show is pretty decent. JC Staff's animation looks as good as always, although I don't really reckon much to the characters, it's still fairly entertaining, and the fourth wall breaking narrator has gotten a few good laughs out of me. Solid 7/10 show, so far anyway.

Interested to hear what you make of this one. I watched it *ages* ago and really enjoyed it too - there's a bit two thirds through though that's a real curve ball. I won't spoil it, but it'll really change the way you see the series / characters (I think)

Sweetness and Lightning 4
Orange 4
Days 4
Twin Star Exorcists 15
Food Wars 2 4

Okami-san is in my backlog pile... Might have to give it a watch when I have more time.

Garden of Sinners -2-3 - This show is weird, it leaves you guessing on certain events and each film seems to be a varying points within a set time frame. Shiki is also a complete oddball character, so far she's difficult to like though she has some impressive powers. I guess im not sold on it yet.

Back