Your viewing journal

Over the last week:

Gugure! Kokkuri-san ep 1-4. I seem to have stumbled across something special here. I love the humour in this, and can totally understand Kohina's love of / obsession with cup ramen. That OP has to be one of the best I've ever seen, and I consider it a crime upon humanity that Crunchyroll have not subtitled it (BOOGIE, dance, dance, dance).

Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia ep 1-2. I'm watching this for purely academic reasons, just so you understand. ;) I was hoping this would have a sense of humour akin to Daimidaler, but no it's just another silly fanservice show with abnormal boobs. It's decent for an occasional giggle at least, more because of how completely ridiculous it is rarther than it having good jokes.

Orange ep 3.

sweetness and lightning ep 1-3. It's like Gourmet Girl Graffiti and Usagi Drop have been smushed together. And yes, that's a good thing.

The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Storm Dance s2 ep 3.

The Highschool Life of a Fudanshi ep 3. That Twitter bit killed me. :lol:

Sword Art Online-Episodes 20-22

Episode 20: Great action in this episode.

Episode 21: Hello random tentacle monster! I was wondering what direction that scene was going for a second there...

Episode 22: Poor Suguha ;_;

Bleach-Episodes 260-262

Love Live Sunshine!-Episode 4

I loved that scene of Dia looking at µ's in a magazine and pointing out Eli as her favourite. It's as if any veil that her character isn't just an Eli clone has been lifted. Still, I don't really mind, I still think her character could end up being different once we get an episode fleshing her out. It was nice to see Ruby and Hanamura get some well deserved screen time here, I think it made me like both characters a lot more. Hanamaru in particular, seeing as we didn't really know anything at all about her before now. Still can't say I like any of the new girls as much as any of the old ones, but hey, I'm still going to give Sunshine the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senkou no Night Raid / Night Raid 1931 Episodes 0-3.

Having enjoyed Joker Game, I thought I'd give this a go since it sounded vaguely similar (similar setting and spies, basically). I can't say I've been disappointed so far, it's not the same as Joker Game but it's still an entertaining spy show with a touch of deeper themes. It has a full recurring cast and hints of a bit more ongoing story but it does have a slightly episodic feel to the stories so far as well.

One of the biggest differences to Joker Game is that the spies in Night Raid have actual official superpowers, although they're also much less skilled than the conventionally "super" spies of Joker Game. I'm fairly confident that it's deliberate that the characters start out seeming a little weaker and inexperienced since it gives them room to grow and develop. It does makes sense given that they don't seem to have had a high level of training, having been chosen for their abilities and perhaps only recently recruited in some cases. The most trained also seems to be the most reliably competent, although one character seems a bit more on the naturally talented side too (or has possibly learned from life experiences). Their lack of experience does also seem to make them rely on their abilities a little more, which is both good for showing off and actually seems to feed into the story somewhat.

I quite liked the fact that it does touch on some more realistic issues and it also has a more "grey" view of the world. It's pretty likely that our heroes will be actual heroes of sorts but the show doesn't paint the people they're working for as "good guys" and it also points out some of the darker consequences of the decisions being made. I'm a little concerned that the show will touch on those kinds of issues and then move on rather than fully committing to them but, while that would be a little disappointing, I don't think it would ruin the show. As an example, it's pointed out that people who see the powers being used may be killed to keep the secret but it's not clear that this is still being taken into consideration by the characters (certain actions in the most recent episode make me wonder, though it's not conclusive yet).

Anyway, it's been quite an enjoyable show so far.

Sword Art Online-Episodes 23-25 (Complete)

An enjoyable series, overall. Nothing really spectacular, just a pretty good fantasy action show, with a twist. I know the people in a game thing is a little overwrought at this point, but I haven't seen too many of them, so it still felt fresh. Could have done without that molestation in the penultimate episode like, but hey ho. Can't say I get the fervent hate it seems to attract within some circles.

Re:Zero-Episode 17

I never have words for this series. This still hasn't changed!

IncendiaryLemon said:

An enjoyable series, overall. Nothing really spectacular, just a pretty good fantasy action show, with a twist. I know the people in a game thing is a little overwrought at this point, but I haven't seen too many of them, so it still felt fresh. Could have done without that molestation in the penultimate episode like, but hey ho. Can't say I get the fervent hate it seems to attract within some circles.

What did you think of this moment:
[spoilerbutton]
Cnj00vMW8AAcF7A.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

[spoilerbutton]
Cnj00vMW8AAcF7A.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Is this a meme I'm unaware of or something? :p

IncendiaryLemon said:
NormanicGrav said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

[spoilerbutton]
Cnj00vMW8AAcF7A.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]

Is this a meme I'm unaware of or something? :p

It's just a funny moment from the show. In fact Gigguk made a better version (spoilers for those who haven't seen SAO S1).

The Heroic Legend of Arslan Dust Storm Dance ep 4
Tales of Zestiria ep 3
Handa-kun ep 3
Cheer boys ep 3
Scar-red Rider Xechs ep 2 - 3
Regalia the Three Sacred Stars ep 2
91 Days ep 3
Re Zero Starting Life In Another world ep 17
Rewrite ep 4
Ace Attorney ep 16
Alderamin on the Sky ep 3