Your viewing journal

Attack on Titan: Junior High ep 11. Another funny episode.

Chivalry of a Failed Knight ep 11. The filter used in most of this episode was nice for about five minutes, then got annoying.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans ep 11.

The Perfect Insider ep 10.

Young Jack Black ep 11. All this Detective Gadget business is stretching credibility well beyond breaking-point.

World Trigger - Episode 40
Did they really just reuse three and a half minutes of footage from the last episode in a different order so we wouldn't notice? I applaud the audacity of all involved...

Ep 58 of World Trigger
Ep 11 of One-Punch Man
Ep 11 of Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans...well done Takaki for surviving those death flags

Last edited by a moderator:
Is The Order A Rabbit??/Gochumon Wa Usagi Desu Ka?? (Season 2) Episode 10.

Quite a fun episode this one, I particularly liked the part with Syaro and Rize exploring the clubs at their school (I don't think we've really seen their school before). I can definitely see why things might be tough for Syaro there.

I'm not sure about Blue Mountain Aoyama having a different name, that part of the story was a little too obvious and ended up being somewhat disappointing. There was some consolation with the introduction of Aoyama's Tsundere editor though. Maybe Tsundere is a stretch but it's hard to think of a reason she'd put up with Aoyama other than "it can't be helped". Aoyama's later escape attempt was also pretty good. I don't think the editor even got a name though so I'd imagine we won't see her much (probably not this season, at least).

Decent ending to the episode and it could be setting up for something interesting. I wonder if they're going to one of those mountains that has hot springs on it.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Azumanga Daioh-The Very, Very Short Movie
I vaguely recall that this may have been some kind of preview for the series and possibly a webisode of sorts. That'd be why it has some of the same jokes and isn't quite as well made.

The Future Diary-Episodes 8-13

Episode 9: Okay, the first half of this episode confused the ever loving hell out of me. How in the hell did the detective kid manage to avert the future predicted by Yuki's diary? I'm not even sure I got the point of the whole game in the first place. It seemed to just be there to pad time. Pretty weak couple of episodes, the weakest in the show so far. Just kind of confusing and didn't do a lot for me.

Episode 10: Okay, I didn't see Kurusu setting up Yuki and Yuno like that. I can't help wonder why...

Episode 11: I'm glad they gave a reason as to why Kurusu would betray Yuki and Yuno but I don't know why Ninth would then betray Kurusu. I really hope they explain that because if the reason they're sticking to is he was annoying her on the phone I won't be best pleased.

Episode 12: Okay, so I guess they're not going to explain that any further. This show is very entertaining and it has some very good characters, character writing and a pretty good story on the whole but I feel like some parts of the story are just glossed over like the hypnosis stuff they never explained, the whole coin catching thing I mentioned above and now this. It isn't deal breaking but it is a little distracting none the less.

Episode 13: This was a weird episode. I have no idea what would cause Yuno to go from willing to sacrifice herself for Yuki to tying him up against his will. Didn't really like the focus on the supporting cast although it did give some excellent fan service. Also, since the credits were different this time, I watched them and was greeted with a post credits scene featuring two counts of full frontal nudity and an explanation of how a cellphone managed to work underwater, something I wrote off for the sake of a gag. If they're all like this I might have to go back and look to see if there are more of these :lol:

YuruYuri (Season 3) Episode 11.

This episode gave me flashbacks to the Nadia filler (seems I'm still haunted by that) with Akari commenting on everything Chinatsu was doing (at least they mixed up what she was saying a bit). It was a pretty good episode otherwise though, nothing amazing but still fairly solid.

It was funny that the first segment really was around five minutes, it didn't feel that long to me but I guess it could have felt longer for some. Ayano and Yui work pretty well together, even if they each have no idea what the other is thinking (perhaps especially because of that). Yui does need to work on her obfuscating truth telling, she didn't really have to mention the circumstances leading up to the event in question when she was explaining it. Still, if she'd realised that then we'd have missed out on some fun. I did also like Kyoko's explanation and that Ayano was completely fine with it.

It feels kind of odd that they seem to be setting up for a flower viewing that looks like it may happen in the next episode. It doesn't seem like it'd take that long to go through, although perhaps it does depend on what the groups ultimately decided.

Concrete Revolutio - Episodes 01 & 02
I've heard nothing but good things about Concrete Revolutio, especially now everyone's doing their round ups of the year/season, including a couple of most intruiging comparisons to Watchmen. The first episode is a fun mess, it can't quite make it's mind up what it wants to do and gives you the bare minimum amount of backstory and information it can get away with. Not in a way that's confusing though, it all makes sense, in a way that just feels lacking and unsatisfying. The episode does however move at a fast pace with a fair amount of action.

The second episode is a lot better, but also feels enormously rushed; There's what's supposed to be a hugely emotional moment at the end, that kind of works, but would have worked a lot better if we'd just had more time with the parties involved, the rushed nature of the show is also not helped by the show's insistence on pointless non-linear storytelling that serves in the second episode only to make the show harder to follow and in the first episode seems only like a (failed) attempt to cover up for the fact the episode is missing half of it's second and third acts.

I like Fuurouta as a character, but they could have gone into his psychology a lot more and really delved into the betrayal he feels at the end of the episode and the episode, especially the emotional scene, would have probably worked a lot better as a result. As it is we only really have that one scene and maybe another scene if you read between the lines, so it feels cramped and unnatural, and the emotional scene would feel unearned if I didn't really like Fuurouta as a character. There's also the briefest attempt at some kind of metaphor (or at least I'm assuming it was meant to be a metaphor for something, not 100% sure what though) at the end, as the set-up to the emotional moment, however that scene felt hamfisted and massively rushed, and it's impact is definitely lessoned by the fact it's brought up about 3 minutes before the end and over in about 30 seconds.

For some reason the second episode reminded me of early Durarara!! episodes, I think it's partly to do with the set-up, with each episode telling a connected but mostly self-contained story from the perspective of a different character, but there was something tonally about Revolutio than reminded me of it as well. If it can keep that vibe up, I'll be very happy as the tonal shifts and changes in Durarara!!x2 really disappointed me. However, the visual styling still really annoys me, not as much as it did when I first tried it, but something about the show still just seems wrong to me and it's quite distracting.

If it can overcome it's rushed scattershot nature, this show could become something special. If it continues as is, I think it would still be enjoyable and recommendable, but I think there's the potential in these first few episodes for it to become a touchstone work that people regularly come back to, and I definitely get the impression that the show would benefit from rewatches.

Just finished episode 30 of monster. I can honestly say that the last 6 episodes have been up there with the best tv I have ever watched, just expertly done.

I have sat watching this thinking that if done right, the live action adaption that Del Toro is trying to get off the ground could be amazing. The source material is so good that as long as they have the budget and don't mess with things (unlikely! ) then they can't go wrong.

britguy said:
Just finished episode 30 of monster. I can honestly say that the last 6 episodes have been up there with the best tv I have ever watched, just expertly done.

I have sat watching this thinking that if done right, the live action adaption that Del Toro is trying to get off the ground could be amazing. The source material is so good that as long as they have the budget and don't mess with things (unlikely! ) then they can't go wrong.
I'm planning to watch Monster over Christmas and new year because nothing says Christmas than a serial killer.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I really need to get Monster. A little Off Topic but does anyone know the cheapest way to import the complete set at the moment?

Siren Visual have the full series on DVD, available separate or as a complete set. The complete set is sold out at the moment with more coming soon.
We were hoping to get more Monster box-sets by the end of January and as we roll into December and closer to Christmas they are still not with us. Our manufacturer is flat-out with last minute orders from much bigger clients that us, so unfortunately we've been bumped further down the queue. BUT...we are hassling to get these out to you in time for Christmas!
MONSTER - Complete Series Box Set (Volumes 1 to 5)
Audio: Japanese / English
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 1850 Mins
Format: DVD, 15 Discs. Region 4
Contains volumes 1 to 5 (74 episodes) - the complete series housed an a spot-UV box!
Buy: $120.00 @ sirenvisual.com.au

-----
Monster - Part 1 (Episodes 1 to 15)
Audio: Japanese / English
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 375 Mins
Format: DVD, 3 Discs. Region 4
Buy: $25.00 @ sirenvisual.com.au
£22.67 @ UP1 (Normally delivered within 7 to 14 days)

Monster - Part 2 (Episodes 16 to 30)
Buy: $25.00 @ sirenvisual.com.au - Out of stock
£22.67 @ UP1 (Normally delivered within 7 to 14 days)

Monster - Part 3 (Episodes 31 to 45)
£20.41 @ UP1 (Normally delivered within 7 to 14 days)

Monster - Part 4 (Episodes 46 to 60)

Monster - Part 5 (Episodes 61 to 74)

Back