Your viewing journal

Cardcaptor Sakura episodes 63-70 (COMPLETE) - will be watching the movies soon
Black Lagoon episodes 1-2 - the animation in this show is a lot less consistent than I thought it'd be, some parts make me cringe

World Trigger - Episode 24
Hands down, the best episode of WT yet. It's funny, action packed and has huge amounts of tension. Something that maybe doesn't get talked about a lot is how good WT is at characterisation, given it is a dumb, really cliché sci-fi action series, which is what I really like about it. This episode manages to pull off something that I don't think I've ever seen another anime pull off, in that it somehow manages to obviously make Ai Kitora likeable over the course of one episode, without raising any obvious death flags. Though I'm assuming she hasn't actually died, given she and Mikumo are obviously going to get it on when Ashihara runs out of ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Azumanga Daioh-Episodes 15-118
Episode 15: Seeing Osaka in that obstacle course may have been the funniest thing in this entire show. and that is saying A LOT.

Episode 16: Oh god. Penguin Chiyo. I just can't. That is weaponized cuteness.

Episode 17: Wait, reindeers are real?!

Episode 18: Not an amazing episode if I'm honest. The fact it was a Yomi centric episode probably didn't help, she's probably my least favourite out of the main group.

Battle of the Great Demon Beasts: Demon of Steel

Burn Up!

Rewatch for the umteenth time of a couple of classic one shot OVAs, both are highly entertaining and they both look fantastic, happy days :D

Space Brothers - 19-25

Easy, chilled watching is welcomed after finishing the last 8 episodes of Now & Then, Here & There I'd been holding off (Never again)

IncendiaryLemon said:
Azumanga Daioh-Episodes 15-118

If only there were really that many.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Episode 18: Not an amazing episode if I'm honest. The fact it was a Yomi centric episode probably didn't help, she's probably my least favourite out of the main group.

I'm quite fond of some of the Koyomi moments in this episode. I guess she can be hit or miss at times (especially when she's being a bit too mean) but I quite like the contrast between her attempts to seem mature and the fact that she's still kind of a kid as well. I particularly liked the ending.

There's some pretty great stuff still to come, I think you still have a couple of the best episodes ahead of you (which might be saying something).

st_owly said:
I totally should... Or read it....

I think Azumanga Daioh was the first Manga I read, which was a pretty good choice I'd say. It's interesting to see some of the same stories in slightly different ways (though it's not all the same stuff). I think it's worth doing both to get the full experience, though I'm not sure what order would be best. I kind of did both at the same time, which was interesting. I'd probably say the manga starts stronger and the anime finishes stronger overall (though maybe that just has to do with how I viewed them).

Subete ga F ni Naru e.10 - a thoroughly satisfactory conclusion to the main mystery. This is a rare situation where I find myself eagerly awaiting the final episode to come and go, so I can watch it over again from the beginning.

Monster 1-8

watched 8 episodes over the last two mornings and an evening. Show hooked me from the offset, but now that a major plot point has happened Tenma quitting the hospital and now 5 months later is the prime suspect in all the murders , I hope it can keep my interest!

Masterfully done so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Azumanga Daioh-Episodes 19-21

Episode 19: Now I know how to yawn like the pros!

Episode 20: You know it's a good episode when Osaka kills Chiyo's imaginary dog.

Episode 21: Poor Sakaki! Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

Also, not really sure where to put this so I might as well put it here. I just opened the box for volume 5 and discovered it came with a pin of Chiyo's Dad. I then also opened Volume 6 to see if that had any goodies and found a pin of this Tiger that I actually don't recognize from the show.
[spoilerbutton]
23672064876_fb364b0fbd_c.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Pretty unexpected. I bought this used so I have no idea if these were put in there by the seller or if they came with the volumes. I can't find any mention of them on the boxes of the volumes nor the big artbox they all come in.

One Punch Man-Episode 10

Was very close to getting behind on this show. No idea why, it's still excellent. I guess I just got too into Azumanga. Great episode as usual. I kind of wish they set up this threat earlier in the series rather than saying it's coming in the next 6 months then have it happen immediately. Of course, I'm just waiting for the twist that the treat in this episode isn't that Earth threatening monster but that another, bigger monster will be. Calling it now!

IncendiaryLemon said:
Azumanga Daioh
Also, not really sure where to put this so I might as well put it here. I just opened the box for volume 5 and discovered it came with a pin of Chiyo's Dad. I then also opened Volume 6 to see if that had any goodies and found a pin of this Tiger that I actually don't recognize from the show.
[spoilerbutton]
23672064876_fb364b0fbd_c.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Pretty unexpected. I bought this used so I have no idea if these were put in there by the seller or if they came with the volumes. I can't find any mention of them on the boxes of the volumes nor the big artbox they all come in.
I got the original ADV US dvd singles back in the day. There were 5 pins released across 4 of the 6 volumes (2 came with the volume 1 with artbox release).

Back